Author Topic: elite sw kansas reminiscing  (Read 28590 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: elite sw kansas reminiscing
« Reply #175 on: March 25, 2012, 02:01:30 PM »
I have never had a better vanilla shake than d&j's

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 25, 2012, 02:03:44 PM »
thank god i grew up a townie.  :shudder:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 25, 2012, 02:07:57 PM »
Harper County is definitely SCKS.  If it were SWKS Anthony would have made my power ranking.  I can't stop myself from calling Anthony "Tony" in my head.  Anyway Tony is the best stop from anywhere to Medicine Lodge, sorry Wellington, more like Smellington.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 25, 2012, 02:24:58 PM »
This thread made me appreciate growing up in Hutchinson.  Thanks everyone!

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 25, 2012, 03:04:59 PM »
Anita Cochran, Leon Libel, and Monica Miller even though I interned at KUPK.

Wait, what?  I worked at kupk. When did you intern? I guess I never realized you were from GC. I hated Bryce so much, old bastard.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 25, 2012, 03:10:04 PM »
Being an elite Alta Brown Dragon
the all city 6th grade track meet
being in 9th grade but still being in middle school
playing pickup baseball at Victor Orneleas, and playing pickup basketball at Jennie Wilson
Buffalo Broadcasting System and the elite Shelby McNutt

I feel like we probably know each other. McNutt pretty much got me my first two media jobs.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 25, 2012, 03:12:47 PM »
one of my greatest goEMAW related moments was when i (accidently) realized who chingon is in "real life."   :ksu:

Looks like you and MIR are about to find out you know each other in real life too.  (Now I want to know if MIR knows my family too..)
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline jdagg2003

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 25, 2012, 03:40:54 PM »
Marshmallow cherry limeade from D&js and bake potato pizza from smokehouse/krystys kafe!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 25, 2012, 03:42:15 PM »
I think the rule in this thread should be that you can't list things that are only in your hometown.  Like, I could really hype the Dalton Gang Hideout but that would be cheating. 

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 25, 2012, 04:38:33 PM »
I think the rule in this thread should be that you can't list things that are only in your hometown.  Like, I could really hype the Dalton Gang Hideout but that would be cheating.
Bin there, many years ago.  Do they still have the two-headed calf in the barn (moozium)?
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 25, 2012, 04:42:04 PM »
Bin there, many years ago.  Do they still have the two-headed calf in the barn (moozium)?

YES!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 25, 2012, 06:26:38 PM »

how many times do I have to mention the Jet Stop to get you to stop crying.  That isn't getting Meade moved up my pole.  If the high school wasn't the purple buffaloes they'd be listed someone near Marienthal and Ft. Dodge.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 25, 2012, 06:55:51 PM »

Wait, what?  I worked at kupk. When did you intern? I guess I never realized you were from GC. I hated Bryce so much, old bastard.

You, me, and, Chingon have hijacked threads about GC before you crackhead.  I interned at KUPK in '94.  I was there when the studio was brand new, before the go cart track and mini golf were there.  My BBS partner was the elite Brock Bowling.  He got the meanest letter from Keith Olbermann BTW.  Anyway I was at BBS when McNutt got his first video toaster, man he loved that thing.  I saw him running cable for kids when I went back in October.  He has aged well, looks exactly the same.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 25, 2012, 06:58:17 PM »
Is Stafford considered SWKS?  I was going to Hutch for a scholars bowl tournament, we stopped at a place called Ickies in Stafford and I got food poisoning.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 25, 2012, 07:08:05 PM »
Is Stafford considered SWKS?  I was going to Hutch for a scholars bowl tournament, we stopped at a place called Ickies in Stafford and I got food poisoning.

I think it is central KS. I went to 8th grade regional math contest there. And of course I made it to state in McPherson. :gocho:

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 25, 2012, 07:29:28 PM »
coach welton.  is that guy still alive?

Talked my grandfather today.  Coach Welton is still alive, but he is not doing very well.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 25, 2012, 08:46:26 PM »
you guys want to make fun of liberal?  I will if you want...

Got pak'd at some bar (Heavy's?) in Liberal after a buddy's wedding several years ago.  Interesting crowd.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 25, 2012, 09:18:49 PM »

i didn't do a lot of anything in cimarron.  for my small time fun, i stuck to lakin or scott city.  went to johnson city once.  was weird.

:dubious:

Also eff MIR for putting Syracuse above Johnson. 

Can't believe I got this far behind on this thread.

Drunken cliff diving at Two Buttes
High school golf tournaments on sand greens
Getting drunk and climbing to the top of grain elevators
Coyote hunting on snow days
Field trips to the Dalton Gang Hideout (hat tip, SD)
Pioneer Days (our whatever your county fair was)
Driving to Colorado to buy beer on Sunday
Simultaneously loving and hating when the harvesters came through town because they would sleep with all your skanks but they'd also buy you beer
Could get away with a bunch of illegal crap cause all of the cops knew you by name (probably doesn't apply to big city's like Garden)
Dragging Main
Having to drive an hour and a half to Wal-Mart in GC if Gibson's didn't have what you needed
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 25, 2012, 09:54:18 PM »

You, me, and, Chingon have hijacked threads about GC before you crackhead.  I interned at KUPK in '94.  I was there when the studio was brand new, before the go cart track and mini golf were there.  My BBS partner was the elite Brock Bowling.  He got the meanest letter from Keith Olbermann BTW.  Anyway I was at BBS when McNutt got his first video toaster, man he loved that thing.  I saw him running cable for kids when I went back in October.  He has aged well, looks exactly the same.

Guess I smoked too much crack.

You're quite a bit older than me, I graduated in 2000. I talk to McNutt a few times a year...he's only a few years from hanging it up.

When you were at kupk, was the engineer a guy named brad who lived in Ulysses? I loved that guy.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 25, 2012, 09:55:44 PM »

Also eff MIR for putting Syracuse above Johnson. 

Was once called a n-word while attending a wedding in Manter, so I hold that against all of Stanton County, and I dated a girl from Syracuse for about 15 minutes.  There was a very nice, very elite cross country coach from SCHS who won a ton of state championships, don't remember his name.  Also I never played on a golf course with dirt greens, but I did run on several.  Tribune was the worst and their medals looked like a rabid jackrabbit.  Stanton County had a nice course :thumbsup:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 25, 2012, 09:56:47 PM »

Guess I smoked too much crack.

You're quite a bit older than me, I graduated in 2000. I talk to McNutt a few times a year...he's only a few years from hanging it up.

When you were at kupk, was the engineer a guy named brad who lived in Ulysses? I loved that guy.

Don't think so.  I can't even remember who my anchor was and I wrote copy for her.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 25, 2012, 09:57:39 PM »
Any of you dudes ever go to Woodward, OK?  Surprisingly nice.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 25, 2012, 09:57:51 PM »
this all sounds awful. Im sorry for you fellas

Offline gokatgo

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 25, 2012, 10:00:01 PM »
Dodge City Days concerts.  :thumbs:

Brooks and Dunn, Alabama, Alan Jackson

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 25, 2012, 10:24:01 PM »
Any of you dudes ever go to Woodward, OK?  Surprisingly nice.
got family there, hated playing in their yards.  Those sticker things, my god.  Get dyson to invent a yard vacuum.  Go boomers, btw.