Author Topic: George Zimmerman is a piece of crap  (Read 200646 times)

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #1875 on: July 16, 2013, 12:28:27 PM »
33 seems to struggle with discussing controversial issues. It's ok to have an opinion and defend it, 33. We'll still like your videos.

The phrase "agree to disagree" is very underutilized in our society.

Solid counterpunch, 33! I think this argument is really about to get heated!

:sdeek:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: July 16, 2013, 12:32:54 PM »
33 seems to struggle with discussing controversial issues. It's ok to have an opinion and defend it, 33. We'll still like your videos.

Solid counterpunch, 33! I think this argument is really about to get heated!

:sdeek:

no way this thing gets heated. you must be some kind of idiot!

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: July 16, 2013, 12:45:55 PM »
They are following the law no matter how they vote. The law allows for a jury system to interpret the law in any way they see fit.

No and no. They must follow the law as presented to them. In this case, they only needed to decide whether the state proved beyond a reasonable doubt that GZ did not have a reasonable fear of death or serious bodily harm unless he acted in self defense. Now, of course the jury has room to decide whether GZ's fear was "reasonable." But to use an extreme example, if a juror were to vote not guilty just because they don't like black people, that's not following the law. If a juror were to say "I just don't think GZ proved he was acting in self defense," that's not following the law. If a juror were to say "I don't know if he acted in self defense or not, but I feel terrible for Trayvon's parents, so I'm voting guilty," that's not following the law. If a juror were to say "I think GZ profiled Trayvon so there's no way I'm even going to consider self defense," that's not following the law.

GZ was the aggressor, so he couldn't act in self defense as he was on the offensive.   He started a fight, began to get his ass kicked and then shot TM.  I mean this isn't hard.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: July 16, 2013, 12:54:45 PM »

Maybe, but I don't think goEMAW.com is a place where it needs to be used. I think peoples' inability to have a rational debate is more of a concern than a lack of "agreeing to disagree".

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #1879 on: July 16, 2013, 12:57:14 PM »
pc idiots

people that distort language for Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) reasons annoy me.  be not niggardly with your vocabulary.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: July 16, 2013, 01:01:05 PM »
pc idiots

people that distort language for Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) reasons annoy me.  be not niggardly with your vocabulary.

that's offensive

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: July 16, 2013, 01:04:04 PM »

Maybe, but I don't think goEMAW.com is a place where it needs to be used. I think peoples' inability to have a rational debate is more of a concern than a lack of "agreeing to disagree".

the last 40 pages of this thread could be condensed into two posts, one from Side A, and one from Side B. 

let the debate rage on!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: July 16, 2013, 01:07:55 PM »

the last 40 pages of this thread could be condensed into two posts, one from Side A, and one from Side B. 

I vehemently disagree

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: July 16, 2013, 01:10:06 PM »
there was a third side where i posted semi funny stories about following people around my neighborhood for a page and a half. did you not see those?  :dunno:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: July 16, 2013, 01:12:45 PM »
pc idiots

that's offensive

exactly.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: July 16, 2013, 01:13:22 PM »
there was a third side where i posted semi funny stories about following people around my neighborhood for a page and a half. did you not see those?  :dunno:

those were really funny, actually.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: July 16, 2013, 02:46:23 PM »

Agree to disagree.  I respect your opinion on the matter and I want you to know that I consider your points to be rational and well thought out. I will mull them over some more in the coming days and if I change my mind or move closer to your position I will let you know.  Please do not try and convince me further.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: July 16, 2013, 02:52:54 PM »

Agree to disagree.  I respect your opinion on the matter and I want you to know that I consider your points to be rational and well thought out. I will mull them over some more in the coming days and if I change my mind or move closer to your position I will let you know.  Please do not try and convince me further.

Great, just make sure to chime in and let us know if it's OK to talk about things. Thanks!

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: July 16, 2013, 02:58:31 PM »

Great, just make sure to chime in and let us know if it's OK to talk about things. Thanks!

ok

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: July 16, 2013, 03:07:14 PM »
They are following the law no matter how they vote. The law allows for a jury system to interpret the law in any way they see fit.

No and no. They must follow the law as presented to them. In this case, they only needed to decide whether the state proved beyond a reasonable doubt that GZ did not have a reasonable fear of death or serious bodily harm unless he acted in self defense. Now, of course the jury has room to decide whether GZ's fear was "reasonable." But to use an extreme example, if a juror were to vote not guilty just because they don't like black people, that's not following the law. If a juror were to say "I just don't think GZ proved he was acting in self defense," that's not following the law. If a juror were to say "I don't know if he acted in self defense or not, but I feel terrible for Trayvon's parents, so I'm voting guilty," that's not following the law. If a juror were to say "I think GZ profiled Trayvon so there's no way I'm even going to consider self defense," that's not following the law.

GZ was the aggressor, so he couldn't act in self defense as he was on the offensive.   He started a fight, began to get his ass kicked and then shot TM.  I mean this isn't hard.

following someone to ask them what they are doing isn't against the law or an act of violence IMO. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: July 16, 2013, 03:19:33 PM »

following someone to ask them what they are doing isn't against the law or an act of violence IMO.

I would consider it an act of violence when you are armed and they are running away from you.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: July 16, 2013, 03:27:26 PM »

I would consider it an act of violence when you are armed and they are running away from you.

Wouldn't Trayvon have been at home if he was scared and running away?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: July 16, 2013, 03:29:02 PM »

I'm just going off of the account that Zimmerman gave during the 911 call.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: July 16, 2013, 03:33:08 PM »

Even if the gun was concealed at the time?

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: July 16, 2013, 03:34:30 PM »

Pretty sure he said he was getting away and lost site of him during the 911 call. Not certain though.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: July 16, 2013, 03:36:52 PM »

Even if the gun was concealed at the time?

Yeah. I mean, you know you have the gun, it's dark, raining, and apparently you are scaring the crap out of this kid you are following because he just takes off running away from you when you are on the phone with 911. Unless you actually see him in the act of some crime that you feel compelled to try and stop, you should just let him go.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: July 16, 2013, 03:37:42 PM »

Pretty sure he said he was getting away and lost site of him during the 911 call. Not certain though.

Dispatcher: He's running? Which way is he running?
Zimmerman: Down towards the other entrance to the neighborhood.
Dispatcher: Which entrance is that that he's heading towards?
Zimmerman: The back entrance...rough ridin' [disputed/unintelligible]
Dispatcher: Are you following him?
Zimmerman: Yeah.
Dispatcher: Okay, we don't need you to do that.
Zimmerman: Okay.
Dispatcher: All right, sir, what is your name?
Zimmerman: George...He ran.
Dispatcher: All right, George, what's your last name?
Zimmerman: Zimmerman.
Dispatcher: And George, what's the phone number you're calling from?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: July 16, 2013, 03:40:29 PM »
so trayvon is running away but fatass catches up to him? a 17 year old can't escape GZ in the dark when it's rainy?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: July 16, 2013, 03:41:12 PM »

Dispatcher: He's running? Which way is he running?
Zimmerman: Down towards the other entrance to the neighborhood.
Dispatcher: Which entrance is that that he's heading towards?
Zimmerman: The back entrance...rough ridin' [disputed/unintelligible]
Dispatcher: Are you following him?
Zimmerman: Yeah.
Dispatcher: Okay, we don't need you to do that.
Zimmerman: Okay.
Dispatcher: All right, sir, what is your name?
Zimmerman: George...He ran.
Dispatcher: All right, George, what's your last name?
Zimmerman: Zimmerman.
Dispatcher: And George, what's the phone number you're calling from?

Yeah, he never said that Martin was getting away or that he lost sight of him. He did say "These assholes always get away" and that he was following him.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: July 16, 2013, 03:41:55 PM »

When you go outside today, think if weirdo George Zimmerman was following you around asking what you were doing there. 

Would you let him do it indefinitely, or would you expect that at some point, under the law, that the lunatic should have to get away from you?