Author Topic: George Zimmerman is a piece of crap  (Read 199606 times)

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #1600 on: July 13, 2013, 06:40:17 PM »
The guy should absolutely get manslaughter

What the jury doesn't know is that in FL, the sentencing for manslaughter with a gun is basically the same as for second degree murder. Talking 20 to 30 years. That's why a compromise verdict would be especially outrageous in this case.

B) it's not their job to decide how long he should be in jail. their only job is to decide whether he's guilty of a crime based on the definition set forth in the statute.

Exactly. But there is a real risk that the jury may "compromise" with a holdout by voting manslaughter if they think it's a more typical 3-5 year sentence. Manslaughter doesn't sound nearly as bad as murder, and it usually isn't, but FL law is different. Which is why I said that a compromise guilty verdict would be especially bad in this case.
that's a risk you take when you shoot someone with a gun.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: July 13, 2013, 06:43:03 PM »

What the jury doesn't know is that in FL, the sentencing for manslaughter with a gun is basically the same as for second degree murder. Talking 20 to 30 years. That's why a compromise verdict would be especially outrageous in this case.

B) it's not their job to decide how long he should be in jail. their only job is to decide whether he's guilty of a crime based on the definition set forth in the statute.

Exactly. But there is a real risk that the jury may "compromise" with a holdout by voting manslaughter if they think it's a more typical 3-5 year sentence. Manslaughter doesn't sound nearly as bad as murder, and it usually isn't, but FL law is different. Which is why I said that a compromise guilty verdict would be especially bad in this case.

ksuwildcats has turned to "the law's not fair" from his previous stance of "he has a legal right to shoot the kid".

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: July 13, 2013, 07:18:42 PM »

ksuwildcats has turned to "the law's not fair" from his previous stance of "he has a legal right to shoot the kid".

The law is perfectly fair. A compromise verdict is not. No matter how weak the state's case, the jury is always the wild card.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #1603 on: July 13, 2013, 07:21:32 PM »

The law is perfectly fair. A compromise verdict is not. No matter how weak the state's case, the jury is always the wild card.

the law allows for "compromise verdicts".

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #1604 on: July 13, 2013, 07:24:27 PM »

the law allows for "compromise verdicts".

well obviously that part of the law isn't fair

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #1605 on: July 13, 2013, 07:34:40 PM »
Completely out of context, but lol:

https://vine.co/v/hZvXX9nTmK2

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: July 13, 2013, 07:36:19 PM »
Not specific to this case, but I've always found it weird that the term "manslaughter" is for a lesser offense than "murder."  Like "slaughtering a man" feels like an extra mumped up beyond murder. 

Not as bad as quarterback/halfback/fullback.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: July 13, 2013, 07:43:07 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: July 13, 2013, 07:44:00 PM »

yes, this is straight out of retardville and mumped with tiny lil steve dave's mind for years until he just gave up and accepted it

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: July 13, 2013, 07:48:59 PM »

yes, this is straight out of retardville and mumped with tiny lil steve dave's mind for years until he just gave up and accepted it

I want gE to become big enough that we can make it right.  Like, in 12-15 years maybe?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: July 13, 2013, 07:49:54 PM »

lol wut

She was quoting what Zimmerman said on the 911 call.  She even prefaced it by warning the viewers she was about to quote it.

But it's a lot funnier the way I cut it.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: July 13, 2013, 07:50:43 PM »

lol wut

She was quoting what Zimmerman said on the 911 call.  She even prefaced it by warning the viewers she was about to quote it.

But it's a lot funnier the way I cut it.

yes, absolutely

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: July 13, 2013, 07:52:59 PM »
Not specific to this case, but I've always found it weird that the term "manslaughter" is for a lesser offense than "murder."  Like "slaughtering a man" feels like an extra mumped up beyond murder. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: July 13, 2013, 07:55:14 PM »
So we're going to ignore what we know about the pursuit as fact because of what the defendant said he did or didn't do?

i don't know anything about the pursuit.  what is it that you claim to know that falsifies the defendant's story?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: July 13, 2013, 08:31:58 PM »

setting aside my own controversial views on juries in general, what exactly do you find unfair about "compromise verdicts?"
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: July 13, 2013, 08:43:10 PM »

setting aside my own controversial views on juries in general, what exactly do you find unfair about "compromise verdicts?"

He just finds it unfair when it punishes his guy.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 09:02:34 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: July 13, 2013, 08:49:21 PM »

The jury is instructed that they must consider each charge independently, and must reach a unanimous verdict on each charge. A compromise verdict violates both these principles, and thus violates the defendant's right to due process of law.

Just as an example, as one court puts it:

a compromise verdict is a "verdict which is reached only by the surrender of conscientious convictions upon one material issue by some jurors in return for a relinquishment by others of their like settled opinion upon another issue and the result is one which does not command the approval of the whole panel," and, as such, is not permitted.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: July 13, 2013, 08:57:41 PM »
he walks

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: July 13, 2013, 08:59:12 PM »
Oh man

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: July 13, 2013, 09:00:54 PM »
Man, K-S-U-Wildcats should have gone to law school.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: July 13, 2013, 09:01:10 PM »
Good

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: July 13, 2013, 09:01:48 PM »
this crap cray

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: July 13, 2013, 09:05:02 PM »
ksuwildcats just popped a bottle of champagne

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: July 13, 2013, 09:05:21 PM »
Can't say I'm gonna feel bad when someone doles out some vigilante street justice.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: July 13, 2013, 09:06:12 PM »
Can't say I'm gonna feel bad when someone doles out some vigilante street justice.

no one is going to do anything