Author Topic: George Zimmerman is a piece of crap  (Read 199671 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #1150 on: July 05, 2013, 04:24:11 PM »
That knock knock joke was really something.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: July 05, 2013, 04:24:56 PM »
In 2005, Zimmerman, then 20, was arrested and charged with “resisting officer with violence” and “battery of law enforcement officer,” both which are third-degree felonies. The charge was reduced to “resisting officer without violence” and then waived when he entered an alcohol education program. Contemporaneous accounts indicate he shoved an officer who was questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking at an Orange County bar.

In August 2005, Zimmerman’s ex-fiancee, Veronica Zuazo, filed a civil motion for a restraining order alleging domestic violence. Zimmerman counterfiled for a restraining order against Zuazo. The competing claims were resolved with both restraining orders being granted.

So seven years prior, he shoved an officer during a bar dispute, it was minor enough that charges were waived, and he later had a mutual restraining order. Yeah, based on that, I've got no problem with him having a CCW and being armed.

The trivialization of domestic violence is sad, but not surprising.

Especially considering the way that gun George Zimmerman fans are vilifying Trayvon for having smoked marijuana once in a while.

Was it the marijuana use, or was it more the pics on his phone holding a handgun (why?) or the gold teeth or the weird YouTube video of him participating in some sort of street fight club?

Also, restraining orders are pretty much entered based on any allegation, and there were restraining orders entered against both parties for whatever reason. Not sure if there's anything to that or not.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: July 05, 2013, 04:26:27 PM »
In 2005, Zimmerman, then 20, was arrested and charged with “resisting officer with violence” and “battery of law enforcement officer,” both which are third-degree felonies. The charge was reduced to “resisting officer without violence” and then waived when he entered an alcohol education program. Contemporaneous accounts indicate he shoved an officer who was questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking at an Orange County bar.

In August 2005, Zimmerman’s ex-fiancee, Veronica Zuazo, filed a civil motion for a restraining order alleging domestic violence. Zimmerman counterfiled for a restraining order against Zuazo. The competing claims were resolved with both restraining orders being granted.

So seven years prior, he shoved an officer during a bar dispute, it was minor enough that charges were waived, and he later had a mutual restraining order. Yeah, based on that, I've got no problem with him having a CCW and being armed.

Especially considering the way that gun George Zimmerman fans are vilifying Trayvon for having smoked marijuana once in a while.

Was it the marijuana use, or was it more the pics on his phone holding a handgun (why?) or the gold teeth or the weird YouTube video of him participating in some sort of street fight club?

According to all the dipshits calling into talk radio it was the marijuana. Also, bringing up the gold teeth makes you seem super racist, fwiw. What difference do gold teeth make? Answer: none. "And saggy pants! He sagged his pants too!!!"
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: July 05, 2013, 04:33:42 PM »

Also, restraining orders are pretty much entered based on any allegation, and there were restraining orders entered against both parties for whatever reason. Not sure if there's anything to that or not.

Seriously? You are going to act like it is somehow a bad thing that Trayvon was holding a gun in a picture while you defend a guy who carries his gun around town and blasts kids?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: July 05, 2013, 04:38:09 PM »

This one was because Zimmerman pushed his fiancee.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-21/news/os-george-zimmerman-domestic-violence-20120321_1_petitions-documents-injunctions

Which "street fight club" video are you talking about?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: July 05, 2013, 04:43:20 PM »

Seriously? You are going to act like it is somehow a bad thing that Trayvon was holding a gun in a picture while you defend a guy who carries his gun around town and blasts kids?

I believe some have inferred that pics of just a hand holding a handgun (who do send that pic to?) smoking and growing pot, gold teeth, and posting videos of some sort of fight club might indicate that TM was less than a model citizen. Whatever, I think it's too much speculation personally, and would prefer to focus on the actually admissible evidence - for both sides.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: July 05, 2013, 04:46:03 PM »

I believe some have inferred that pics of just a hand holding a handgun (who do send that pic to?) smoking and growing pot, gold teeth, and posting videos of some sort of fight club might indicate that TM was less than a model citizen. Whatever, I think it's too much speculation personally, and would prefer to focus on the actually admissible evidence - for both sides.

Yeah, like Zimmerman using his handgun to shoot an unarmed kid.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: July 05, 2013, 04:48:33 PM »
I think what K-S-U-Wildcats! is trying to say is that

black people with gold teeth and a gun = scary, violent people

white people with a gun = good citizens who are only trying to protect themselves from black people with guns and gold teeth

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: July 05, 2013, 05:35:17 PM »

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: July 05, 2013, 06:03:52 PM »
Whoa, I didn't know Trayvon had gold teeth. I retract everything I said about this case. Kid had it comin'.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: July 05, 2013, 06:43:00 PM »
Related but unrelated:  some dumbass group in kcmo supposedly has successfully gotten something on the next election ballet that, if voted through, would make sagging a fineable misdemeanor offense in kcmo.

All this according to 980am last wk.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: July 05, 2013, 06:53:59 PM »
Whoa, I didn't know Trayvon had gold teeth. I retract everything I said about this case. Kid had it comin'.

Probably stole the teeth too
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

catzacker

« Reply #1162 on: July 05, 2013, 07:12:41 PM »

This one was because Zimmerman pushed his fiancee.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-21/news/os-george-zimmerman-domestic-violence-20120321_1_petitions-documents-injunctions

Which "street fight club" video are you talking about?

Rusty, bitches are crazy.  They need to be shoved around every once in a while so they can get put in their place. Kind of like unwelcome visitors in the neighborhood.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: July 05, 2013, 09:47:44 PM »
I honestly haven't seen a single quote from Sharpton or Jackson about this trial. Are they pretty involved, or something?

Nope. See, like a decade or so Rush told these morons that Al & Jesse were racists. So now his crowd use them as interference whenever racist crap is going on. Classic ploy of the I'm not racist, they are crowd, GPC posters are pros at this.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: July 05, 2013, 11:32:38 PM »
Today was probably the best day of the trial so far, or at least up there with Dee Dee Day 1. State put the mom on, as expected, to identify TM as the one screaming. It was very important that she not actually say anything about TM's character, lest that open the door to defense introducing negative things, but I wonder if saying that TM "is in heaven" qualifies as an endorsement of character? Would be an interesting argument.

I also thought it was interesting that the mom used TMs full name early and often, Trayvon Benjamin Martin. I'm sure there was a reason for this, but it sounded a little odd at times.

On cross, defense started by trying to offer his condolences, to which state objected. Cross focused on bias and how can she really tell its TM screaming.

Next, the state put on the half brother to again identify the screams. I really think this was a bad decision because cross pointed out that the brother told media for several weeks after shooting that he couldnt tell who was screaming. I honestly think the state was putting on one more witness to run out the clock so defense couldn't start until next week. So much for that...

State rests, D argues motion for acquittal verdict, motion denied. All as expected. Disappointing that the judge provided absolutely no analysis for decision, especially when the evidence is as thin as it is here, but this laziness is also, unfortunately, par for the course.

So now its almost 5 pm. Quitting time, right? Nope, defense call your first witness! All of states careful planning out the window. So defense cleverly puts GZs mom on the stand to rebut TMs on the very same day. What follows is a direct/cross that's a bizarre mirror image of the Martin testimony. "That's my son!" "How do you really know?" "Ever heard him scream like that before?" Basically completely neutralizes martins testimony except for the empathy factor.

And speaking of empathy, I'm going to revise my prediction. I still think there's zero chance of murder, but I now think there's a maybe 50/50 chance of manslaughter. From a legal standpoint, it would not be justified based on the evidence, and would probably even be tossed on appeal, but I can't rule out the impact of the all woman jury. Women tend to be a bit more favorable in general to prosecution. They're also less likely, or capable, of putting themselves in GZ's shoes during the fight while he's pinned to the ground, instead judging the reasonableness as a more passive observer. Finally, women are more empathetic, and may want to give TM's mom at least something. Not saying it will happen, but I would t be surprised either.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: July 05, 2013, 11:39:43 PM »
you're really cheering for the defense huh. weird.

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: July 06, 2013, 12:06:01 AM »
Bitches with their feelings n crap, right K-S-U-Wildcats?
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: July 06, 2013, 12:16:45 AM »
the trial is one thing. the investigation. the outcry. what happened and how it is possibly legal. the fact that it CAN happen possibly legally. it really draws attention to what our prosthetic dick gun culture and laws have allowed. people who have no control or power in their lives suddenly have physical power with no effort or work and have a desire to use it to show that they are not losers.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: July 06, 2013, 12:21:00 AM »
the trial is one thing. the investigation. the outcry. what happened and how it is possibly legal. the fact that it CAN happen possibly legally. it really draws attention to what our prosthetic dick gun culture and laws have allowed. people who have no control or power in their lives suddenly have physical power with no effort or work and have a desire to use it to show that they are not losers.

Yeah, incidents like this are exactly why I don't agree with concealed (or open)  carry.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: July 06, 2013, 12:46:48 AM »

Yeah, incidents like this are exactly why I don't agree with concealed (or open)  carry.

Wow. One single incident emotionally colors your opinion? You sound like a woman.

Criminals are ALWAYS going to break the law. They will ALWAYS carry regardless if it is legal or not. Giving people a legal means of defending themselves is one of the best things this country has going for it.

We don't know any details of the GZ/Trayvon shooting. We just don't. Was it sad? Yes. But we can't afford to 'guess' as it affects us all via the case law it establishes.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: July 06, 2013, 12:48:42 AM »

Wow. One single incident emotionally colors your opinion? You sound like a woman.

Criminals are ALWAYS going to break the law. They will ALWAYS carry regardless if it is legal or not. Giving people a legal means of defending themselves is one of the best things this country has going for it.

We don't know any details of the GZ/Trayvon shooting. We just don't. Was it sad? Yes. But we can't afford to 'guess' as it affects us all via the case law it establishes.

you sound like a woman

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: July 06, 2013, 12:50:11 AM »
If only cops had guns then the world would be bliss.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: July 06, 2013, 01:06:30 AM »
Today was probably the best day of the trial so far, or at least up there with Dee Dee Day 1. State put the mom on, as expected, to identify TM as the one screaming. It was very important that she not actually say anything about TM's character, lest that open the door to defense introducing negative things, but I wonder if saying that TM "is in heaven" qualifies as an endorsement of character? Would be an interesting argument.

I also thought it was interesting that the mom used TMs full name early and often, Trayvon Benjamin Martin. I'm sure there was a reason for this, but it sounded a little odd at times.

On cross, defense started by trying to offer his condolences, to which state objected. Cross focused on bias and how can she really tell its TM screaming.

Next, the state put on the half brother to again identify the screams. I really think this was a bad decision because cross pointed out that the brother told media for several weeks after shooting that he couldnt tell who was screaming. I honestly think the state was putting on one more witness to run out the clock so defense couldn't start until next week. So much for that...

State rests, D argues motion for acquittal verdict, motion denied. All as expected. Disappointing that the judge provided absolutely no analysis for decision, especially when the evidence is as thin as it is here, but this laziness is also, unfortunately, par for the course.

So now its almost 5 pm. Quitting time, right? Nope, defense call your first witness! All of states careful planning out the window. So defense cleverly puts GZs mom on the stand to rebut TMs on the very same day. What follows is a direct/cross that's a bizarre mirror image of the Martin testimony. "That's my son!" "How do you really know?" "Ever heard him scream like that before?" Basically completely neutralizes martins testimony except for the empathy factor.

And speaking of empathy, I'm going to revise my prediction. I still think there's zero chance of murder, but I now think there's a maybe 50/50 chance of manslaughter. From a legal standpoint, it would not be justified based on the evidence, and would probably even be tossed on appeal, but I can't rule out the impact of the all woman jury. Women tend to be a bit more favorable in general to prosecution. They're also less likely, or capable, of putting themselves in GZ's shoes during the fight while he's pinned to the ground, instead judging the reasonableness as a more passive observer. Finally, women are more empathetic, and may want to give TM's mom at least something. Not saying it will happen, but I would t be surprised either.

Did you seriously watch the trial today and think that was the most interesting stuff?  I refuse to believe it.  The State's medical examiner was the weirdest thing of the trial by far.  You don't even mention him?

Also, the judge providing analysis for the decision to not grant a summary judgement?  What in the world?  Did you think she was going to go all Nancy Grace HLN style and break it down with four segments and commercial breaks?

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: July 06, 2013, 01:43:44 AM »

[/quote]

And GZ knew none of that when he saw Martin walking down the street with Skittles, but that's besides the point that it doesn't matter to this case.

I bet you don't have a problem with lil buckaroos in your podunk Kansas town posing with their rifles after hunter safety.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: July 06, 2013, 01:45:42 AM »

I bet you don't have a problem with lil buckaroos in your podunk Kansas town posing with their rifles after hunter safety.

Not sure what is wrong with this?