Author Topic: Frank watch 2012:  (Read 296204 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Frank watch 2012:
« Reply #275 on: March 22, 2012, 01:03:00 PM »
I believe Belvis, pissclams, and Rusty all said Currie built Frank a training facility.  Anyone who thinks this should be ignored at best slapped in the mouth at worst.  That take is either amazingly stupid or highly intellectually dishonest.

yeah, i agree.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 22, 2012, 01:04:36 PM »
I believe Belvis,pissclams, and Rusty all said Currie built Frank a training facility.  Anyone who thinks this should be ignored at best slapped in the mouth at worst.  That take is either amazingly stupid or highly intellectually dishonest.

jesus christ. In that case, Frank doesn't actually win games either you semantic-arguing dolt.

that basketball facility was fully funded by donations. donations that happened while frank was coach. during and right after our elite eight run. that thing isn't being built if wooly is still here. i could prob make a better argument that frank built the practice facility for currie then the other way around.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 22, 2012, 01:05:22 PM »
I ain't even mad about this thread

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Frank watch 2012:
« Reply #278 on: March 22, 2012, 01:05:58 PM »
FWIW from what I was told, Frank cleaned up his act because he felt the fanbase was out of control, not because Currie told him to.

martin issued a public statement swearing off swearing, and made a noted effort to tone down his in-game emotions (despite those emotions being the foremost feature of the kstate-martin brand) because he felt like his reputation as an angry, profane coach limited his job prospects.

no, going back to well before that Frank was making an effort to be less animated and less profane, because of the reason I listed above.   This according to a friend who works with the athletic dept. regularly.    the letter came much later, and ratcheted up his efforts.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 22, 2012, 01:08:52 PM »
I believe Belvis,pissclams, and Rusty all said Currie built Frank a training facility.  Anyone who thinks this should be ignored at best slapped in the mouth at worst.  That take is either amazingly stupid or highly intellectually dishonest.

jesus christ. In that case, Frank doesn't actually win games either you semantic-arguing dolt.

that basketball facility was fully funded by donations. donations that happened while frank was coach. during and right after our elite eight run. that thing isn't being built if wooly is still here. i could prob make a better argument that frank built the practice facility for currie then the other way around.

That makes sense - I wasn't thinking of it that way. sorry for calling you a dolt MiR. Please don't slap me in the mouth.

It seems to me Currie can't be held responsible for anything but pissing off Frank?

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 22, 2012, 01:12:20 PM »

I mean, Currie isn't literally out there building the tranining facility.  If that's the part that confused you, I'll try to dumb it down next time I make a blanket statement.  Haha, no, John isn't pouring concrete and putting up sheetrock. 

But in terms of actively soliciting private funds from coast to coast with Laird Veatch and working hand in hand with architects, yeah, John was highly involved. 

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 22, 2012, 01:12:32 PM »
Someone give me the odds on where Frank coaches in 2012-2013

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 22, 2012, 01:12:38 PM »

make a list of all of the coaches that have made the tournament 4 out of the last five years. add their salaries together and then divide by the number of people on that list.

Along the same lines of the "Frank is one of the best coaches in America" talking point...

Currie renegotiated Martin's contract two years ago which included annual increases of $100k, $250k 'bonus' this year for staying for the past two seasons and another $500k bonus if he stays until year 5 of that agreement. His team finished 3rd in the Big 12 the year he renegotiated, finished 4th last year and 5th this year.

But, yeah should be paid elite money like elite coaches becuase he's advanced to the 2nd round of the tourney a lot.

do you have a problem paying him that money? because i think we pretty much know what we have with frank and if he leaves it will cost us about the same amount of money with a very very real chance that we end up with doc sadler 2.0. do you think our hire after he leaves will be better or do you want the athletic dept to make 23.7 million instead of just 23.2. help me out here because i can't for the life of me figure out what the hell you're doing w/ this talk.

No joke, pay attention to the Nebrasketball coaching search.  As much as we think we are light years better than NU it  is a pretty similar job.

heh, no not really
true, NU does not have a blue blood in the same state

or a tournament win, or basketball fans
emaw

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 22, 2012, 01:12:48 PM »

i said that currie built a training facility paid for by donations made because of frank's accomplishments.  do you need any further help?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 22, 2012, 01:14:51 PM »
the talking points have changed some much i don't even know whose side i'm on.

#teamgoemaw
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: March 22, 2012, 01:16:49 PM »

no he didn't. he's been complaining for pages about frank parading around for other job offers but didn't even know that frank had other offers back in 2010 when currie initially way way low balled him before he got them and then finally paid once frank once he had offers in hand. currie set the foundation for how frank apparently needs to negotiate with him. plus he said frank should be making anywhere from 1.5-2.2. i mean why not just say he should make somewhere from one dollar to eighty bajillion dollars. that's a stupid large ballpark and frank's also right at the bottom. good lord.

Sorry, I forgot about that DePaul job offer that was never substantiated.  eff me, there goes my whole argument.  Pay the man what he wants - Depaul might have offered him a job 3 years ago. 

Frank is making about 1.8 with mandatory bonuses - which doesn't even include incentives he gets from Nike, for instance.  Imagine, if he won a Big XII title, his incentives would probably put him over 2mil.  but yeah, the difference between 1.5 - 1.8 - 2.1mil is basically the same ratio as 1-80bajillion. 

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 22, 2012, 01:20:24 PM »
Mods, can we mod this into 2 threads?

1.  Actual news or rumors about coaching changes
2.  Arguments about Frank, Currie, Training Facilities, salaries, and musings about the value of the head coaching job at Kansas State

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 22, 2012, 01:21:32 PM »

2.  Arguments about Frank, Currie, Training Facilities, salaries, and musings about the value of the head coaching job at Kansas State

you can't have one without fully understanding the other

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 22, 2012, 01:23:20 PM »

you can't have one without fully understanding the other

Fair 'nuff

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 22, 2012, 01:23:46 PM »

no, going back to well before that Frank was making an effort to be less animated and less profane, because of the reason I listed above.   This according to a friend who works with the athletic dept. regularly.    the letter came much later, and ratcheted up his efforts.

Right.  the AD really has very little to do with raising money.  If there is success on the court/field, money will simply pour in. 

What does an athletic director do, anyway?  serious question.  And why do schools pay these guys close to $1mil a year. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 22, 2012, 01:25:59 PM »

I mean, Currie isn't literally out there building the tranining facility.  If that's the part that confused you, I'll try to dumb it down next time I make a blanket statement.  Haha, no, John isn't pouring concrete and putting up sheetrock. 

But in terms of actively soliciting private funds from coast to coast with Laird Veatch and working hand in hand with architects, yeah, John was highly involved.

Dumbass, any decent AD would have built that facility.  As sys pointed out the wins took care of the donations, if Currie didn't build the practice facility he would have been a worse AD than the three that proceeded him.  Currie does not get credit for "doing that for Frank."  You can't use that as one of the reasons Frank should be grateful to Currie.  Don't runaway from your point because that is precisely why you mentioned it.  It was dumb and dishonest.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 22, 2012, 01:26:10 PM »

Oh man, an AD overseeing something he's responsible for?  John could beg emaw from coast to coast with 6 win confy seasons and build some rinky dink thing to put a smile on wooly 2.0 or he could hit the road off the back of an elite 8 and do what he did.

You are making it sound like Currie willed the practice facility into being with his Southern charm and business acumen.  Whatever.  Pay Frank 2.0, let the tards fall where they may.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 22, 2012, 01:27:45 PM »
Someone give me the odds on where Frank coaches in 2012-2013
85% He stays, 15% someone woo's him away after Currie calls him a rough ridin' respect.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 22, 2012, 01:28:03 PM »
guys, #notworried is a great place to be

you all should join me!
emaw

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 22, 2012, 01:31:36 PM »

Dumbass, any decent AD would have built that facility.  As sys pointed out the wins took care of the donations, if Currie didn't build the practice facility he would have been a worse AD than the three that proceeded him.  Currie does not get credit for "doing that for Frank."  You can't use that as one of the reasons Frank should be grateful to Currie.  Don't runaway from your point because that is precisely why you mentioned it.  It was dumb and dishonest.

Currie gets credit, the same as Martin gets credit.  Martin inhereted NBA talent and Huggins' DC Assault pipeline.  So, I guess he doesn't get credit for turning them into 20 game winners.  I mean, if he didn't take Huggins' compilation of players to the tournament... 

I can buy that logic.  Pretty stuipd.  But, at least I see where you're coming from. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 22, 2012, 01:34:04 PM »

Currie gets credit, the same as Martin gets credit.  Martin inhereted NBA talent and Huggins' DC Assault pipeline.  So, I guess he doesn't get credit for turning them into 20 game winners.  I mean, if he didn't take Huggins' compilation of players to the tournament... 

I can buy that logic.  Pretty stuipd.  But, at least I see where you're coming from. 

nope. wrong.

anything good happens = frank

anything bad happens = currie

you better recognize.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 22, 2012, 01:34:41 PM »
Eddie Fogler is truly responsible for building the BTF.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 22, 2012, 01:34:53 PM »

Oh man, an AD overseeing something he's responsible for?  John could beg emaw from coast to coast with 6 win confy seasons and build some rinky dink thing to put a smile on wooly 2.0 or he could hit the road off the back of an elite 8 and do what he did.

You are making it sound like Currie willed the practice facility into being with his Southern charm and business acumen.  Whatever.  Pay Frank 2.0, let the tards fall where they may.

This convo is about whether Frank wants out at KSU because Currie is a douche.  We're talking about whether Currie is rough ridin' Frank. 

The FACTS are that Frank is getting paid.  his assistants are getting paid.  he's getting the facilities that FRANK deserves and the fans want FRANK to have.

Bottom Line - why is Frank unhappy?     

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 22, 2012, 01:38:03 PM »

no he didn't. he's been complaining for pages about frank parading around for other job offers but didn't even know that frank had other offers back in 2010 when currie initially way way low balled him before he got them and then finally paid once frank once he had offers in hand. currie set the foundation for how frank apparently needs to negotiate with him. plus he said frank should be making anywhere from 1.5-2.2. i mean why not just say he should make somewhere from one dollar to eighty bajillion dollars. that's a stupid large ballpark and frank's also right at the bottom. good lord.

Sorry, I forgot about that DePaul job offer that was never substantiated.  eff me, there goes my whole argument.  Pay the man what he wants - Depaul might have offered him a job 3 years ago. 

Frank is making about 1.8 with mandatory bonuses

well, i'm not sure what kind of proof you want that he had one, but he did. and yeah it does kill your argument that currie will give him a raise without frank having an offer to go somewhere else. that's all frank knows. the only time he negotiated a conctract with currie, currie embarassinly low balled him and then finally agreed to a fair offer when frank went in contract in hand. you did try to make that argument. it was a couple of pages ago. go find it if you want. also it was 2 years ago, not 3. also, frank is not making 1.8 with mandatory bonuses. so there you go... three inaccuracies in your four sentence response above. good job jackass.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 01:42:25 PM by rick daris »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 22, 2012, 01:39:24 PM »
Eddie Fogler is truly responsible for building the BTF.

is naismith never invented the game, there would be no need for a BTF.  therefore, naismith is responsible for building the BTF.