Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 327211 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Fitness Questions!
« Reply #625 on: June 06, 2013, 09:46:54 PM »
everyone has abs.  if you can't see them it's because there is a bunch of fat covering them up.  running gets rid of the fat.
To a point, there are other ways to lose weight though
Mostly not eating like a pig.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
Re: Fitness Questions!
« Reply #626 on: June 06, 2013, 10:04:34 PM »
what ab exercises, how many of them, and how often do I have to do them to get a six pack. Only people with actual six packs need respond. TIA.

What are you currently doing for exercise?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 06, 2013, 10:09:46 PM »
hadn't really worked out since the end of april and I worked out pretty hard mon-tue-wed..

I feel like I was butterbeans punching bag for the last week :frown:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 06, 2013, 10:35:35 PM »
I had been ignoring my recovery work for awhile. Squatting took it's toll on me last week. I have been using my pvc roller, lacrosse balls and bands for stretching every night this week. I forgot how much better I sleep and how much better I feel when I remember to roll out and stretch before bed.

Offline kstate16

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 06, 2013, 10:47:30 PM »
Getting abs is probably 30% exercise and 70% diet. 

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: June 07, 2013, 12:38:10 AM »
I had been ignoring my recovery work for awhile. Squatting took it's toll on me last week. I have been using my pvc roller, lacrosse balls and bands for stretching every night this week. I forgot how much better I sleep and how much better I feel when I remember to roll out and stretch before bed.

blah, blah. Have you ever pooped your pants a little while squatting? Cuz, well, if you haven't then you probably aren't training hard enough.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 07, 2013, 10:58:21 AM »
what ab exercises, how many of them, and how often do I have to do them to get a six pack. Only people with actual six packs need respond. TIA.

I've been doing like 100 sit ups, 150 crunches, 50 leg lifts, and some planking. I do that probably 3 times a week. Thinking about working in that ab ripper thingy for variety
I'm purple down

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Fitness Questions!
« Reply #632 on: June 07, 2013, 10:59:51 AM »

I've been doing like 100 sit ups, 150 crunches, 50 leg lifts, and some planking. I do that probably 3 times a week. Thinking about working in that ab ripper thingy for variety
Also eating Chipotle for 5 days straight and no cardio.
I'm purple down

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Fitness Questions!
« Reply #633 on: June 07, 2013, 11:06:46 AM »

Also eating Chipotle for 5 days straight and no cardio.

seems like youre well on your way to a rock hard 6er
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 07, 2013, 11:06:56 AM »
all those sit ups and crunches are just going to give you a gut unless you lose the fat.  big abs under fat make you have a big belly.

run, run, run.  Do interval running, wind sprints. mt climbers.

mens health has some awesome interval training core strengthening exercises that will get your metabolism going.

http://www.menshealth.com/workout-center/workouts/517

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 07, 2013, 11:39:47 AM »
all those sit ups and crunches are just going to give you a gut unless you lose the fat.  big abs under fat make you have a big belly.

mens health has some awesome interval training core strengthening exercises that will get your metabolism going.

Thanks!
I'm purple down

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 07, 2013, 12:08:19 PM »

You really just linked Men's Health when giving fitness advice?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 07, 2013, 12:09:43 PM »

i've wondered about this.  :frown:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 07, 2013, 12:14:23 PM »
do you guys see pictures of yourself when you were 19 and just go holy crap look at that rippling rough ridin' bod?  :frown:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 07, 2013, 12:14:54 PM »

workouts

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 07, 2013, 12:18:13 PM »

i've wondered about this.  :frown:

I've wondered if it's a real thing or just an excuse given by soft bellied puds.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 07, 2013, 12:21:10 PM »
they are muscles just like any other.  they get bigger.  If there is a layer of fat on top of them they will make you bigger.

Like trying to get rid of man boobs by bench pressing.  It will just give you bigger man boobs unless you lose the fat.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 07, 2013, 12:23:49 PM »

workouts

Your one word defense isn't adequate. Citing Men's Health in a discussion regrading fitness is the same as citing wikipedia in a research paper. It's bullshit.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 07, 2013, 12:24:49 PM »
did you click?  the link is for a bunch of workouts it's not fitness advice Richard.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 07, 2013, 12:27:25 PM »
The majority of the content Men's Health puts out, including the workouts, is bullshit.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: June 07, 2013, 12:28:36 PM »
Oh JFC.

It's a great tool, there's no "right way" 

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 07, 2013, 12:33:10 PM »
they are muscles just like any other.  they get bigger.  If there is a layer of fat on top of them they will make you bigger.

Like trying to get rid of man boobs by bench pressing.  It will just give you bigger man boobs unless you lose the fat.

Adding muscle mass burns more calories.  If your goal is not to be a fatass, building muscle certainly isn't the wrong way to go.  "Hey everybody, I'm sexy eric! Look at my loose skin and bones bod!! So effing hot right now bros!!!"  No.  Runners' bods suck. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline kstate16

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 07, 2013, 01:03:39 PM »
So has the Chipotle diet treated you all well? If you aren't an idiot when picking your ingredients, chipotle can be pretty good for you because of the complex carbs (brown rice) and protein (beans and meat).

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 07, 2013, 01:16:56 PM »

Adding muscle mass burns more calories.  If your goal is not to be a fatass, building muscle certainly isn't the wrong way to go.  "Hey everybody, I'm sexy eric! Look at my loose skin and bones bod!! So effing hot right now bros!!!"  No.  Runners' bods suck. 

Not a runner.  I'm 6 2 and about 225 right now.  Trying to get down to 215.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 07, 2013, 01:19:59 PM »
Re: the Mens' Health argument:

I have worked with a trainer for about a year and a half up until recently.  He is kickass at designing workouts in such a way that incorporates much more than just the one muscle group that is usually targeted by a certain lift, thus working more muscles and burning more calories in the same amt of time.

One thing that I noticed over the last yr or so working with him is that many of the new things that we would try out would appear on my twitter or Flipboard timeline a month or two later from Mens' Health as the new thing to try.  Lifts and methods that were very successful for me.

So, personal perspective speaking only, Mens' Health seems to have something figured out as far as workouts that help me personally.

That said, I have never pulled a workout from Mens' Health directly.