Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 328222 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Fitness Questions!
« Reply #525 on: May 02, 2013, 03:42:57 PM »
I like lifting weights and playing basketball.  I'm not very good at either.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 02, 2013, 04:50:10 PM »
What's the point of all this bullshit you guys put yourself through with these ass kicking workouts?

It's so I can eat more/worse food.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 02, 2013, 04:52:32 PM »
can binge more.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 02, 2013, 05:44:40 PM »
I don't like lifting weights all that much but I really like lifting my body up and down with my legs and arms lots of times.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 03, 2013, 11:40:25 AM »
"thyroid conditions" are a total myth.

well, they are pretty rough ridin' real but I don't know if they cause weight gain or loss.

They do cause fluctuations in weight...also affect energy levels/how you sleep too.
@mikec2w

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 03, 2013, 11:53:04 AM »
Much respect to bald guy cranking Buckcherry at the gym today.  We all love cocaine bruh

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 03, 2013, 12:03:57 PM »
Played basketball this morning. Wasn't bad. I realized basketball is like meditation for me. I literally think of nothing except playing basketball at that moment when I'm on the court. It's great.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 03, 2013, 12:05:09 PM »
I mean, would I be squatting this much iron if I didn't like chopping up and inhaling tons of yayo?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 12:09:08 PM by Limestone »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 03, 2013, 12:06:04 PM »
I mean, would I be squatting this much iron if I didn't chopping up and inhaling tons of yayo?

fantastic gym song.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 03, 2013, 12:12:28 PM »
I mean, would I be squatting this much iron if I didn't chopping up and inhaling tons of yayo?

fantastic gym song.

Also fantastic song to do coke to

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 03, 2013, 01:09:05 PM »
when you guys are rockin the ymca, do you people-watch and come up with interesting back stories for them? 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Fitness Questions!
« Reply #536 on: May 03, 2013, 04:53:45 PM »
when you guys are rockin the ymca, do you people-watch and come up with interesting back stories for them?

Nope.  Just mostly get pissed at them if they are where I need to be.

Actually, thinking about this more,  I do assume a person is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) if they choose to stretch or warm up immediately in front of a machine, piece of equipment,  or rack of weights.  Does that count?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 03, 2013, 09:09:14 PM »
I don't agree with everything but a lot of the workouts are great. I'm not sure what you mean by "accomplish", I'm sure everyones goal is different but my goal is to be physically fit and look good naked(not joking at all) oh and kick both of my brothers asses in the workouts.  I like the competition of it and being able to have things to work on and seeing improvements.  It's also a great way to meet new people. If you have good programming it really is pretty great.
It gets a bad rap because it has this brand name of crossfit.  everyone associates it with something but if I did a workout that someone else did and just called it a workout no one would say anything but you do that workout and say its crossfit all of a sudden its taboo in some peoples mind.

Is it weird that I am now trying to imagine y-l_a naked, even though I have no idea what he looks like? (maybe move this to the shame thread)
check pm..

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 03, 2013, 09:15:12 PM »
I don't agree with everything but a lot of the workouts are great. I'm not sure what you mean by "accomplish", I'm sure everyones goal is different but my goal is to be physically fit and look good naked(not joking at all) oh and kick both of my brothers asses in the workouts.  I like the competition of it and being able to have things to work on and seeing improvements.  It's also a great way to meet new people. If you have good programming it really is pretty great.
It gets a bad rap because it has this brand name of crossfit.  everyone associates it with something but if I did a workout that someone else did and just called it a workout no one would say anything but you do that workout and say its crossfit all of a sudden its taboo in some peoples mind.

Is it weird that I am now trying to imagine y-l_a naked, even though I have no idea what he looks like? (maybe move this to the shame thread)
check pm..

Oh man...
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 03, 2013, 11:39:11 PM »
This is stating the obvious, but I'm a giant rough ridin' stud in the gym.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: May 04, 2013, 11:27:21 PM »
<---gym pud
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 05, 2013, 09:15:11 AM »

check pm..

:lol:
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 05, 2013, 09:11:11 PM »
Ran and lifted this morning and then got ambitious and did 15 minutes on the stair master just to see what it was like. Holy crap my calves hurt.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 06, 2013, 10:28:02 AM »
i fit into a "large" size shirt instead of "extra large" yesterday.   :sdeek: :thumbs: :dance:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 06, 2013, 10:33:41 AM »
Turned my ankle in basketball today. It had been a long time since I'd had that happen. :frown:

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 06, 2013, 02:35:03 PM »
Fitness gurus...what is an exercise I can do at home to strengthen my hamstrings?  I have a set of dumbells up to 50 lbs at my disposal.  Also, what is the best technique to stretch them?

TIA.
@mikec2w

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 06, 2013, 02:40:38 PM »
Fitness gurus...what is an exercise I can do at home to strengthen my hamstrings?  I have a set of dumbells up to 50 lbs at my disposal.  Also, what is the best technique to stretch them?

TIA.

yoga

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 06, 2013, 02:41:47 PM »

TIA.

yoga

What else in addition to/in place of yoga?
@mikec2w

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 06, 2013, 02:46:06 PM »

TIA.

Straight leg dead lifts. Stand with your knees slightly flexed, holding your dumbells in front of you bend over until they touch the ground, then stand back up, repeat.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 06, 2013, 02:47:00 PM »

TIA.

yoga

What else in addition to/in place of yoga?

you don't need anything else