Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 327535 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Fitness Questions!
« Reply #200 on: April 13, 2012, 03:01:22 PM »
I don't live far from the gym but it's in the wrong direction.  we have a gym in our office and there are those weird workout types here.  gross. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 13, 2012, 03:05:11 PM »
If my gym had a tanning bed, there are no fewer than 6 oldish beef d00ds that would never leave. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 13, 2012, 03:09:08 PM »
you know what else the beefcake guys at my gym love doing?  walking very slow.  they will walk at about .00001 mph around the gym and down the stairs and around the locker room like they have no place in the world to be other than the gym.  maybe one of the reasons they are there for 4 hour stretches. 

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 13, 2012, 03:10:09 PM »
you guys morning workout people or evening?

i used to be evening, now its morning. workout at 530 then off to work. feel much better throughout the day.

I may make that transition.  currently a 4 PM'er.  I think I would feel better changing to a morning.  I'd have to get ready for work at the gym though and that would require a garmet bag to keep my crap from getting wrinkled and other considerations.  I've really got my morning routine down to maximum efficiency.

I only live 5 min from my gym, so i go back home and shower and stuff. If it was further than 10 min away i would bring a garment bag.

you know who the worst people are? lunch-time workout people. i mean, do you just get sweaty and then change back into work clothes and act like nothing happened. jfc thats gross.

We have showers at work :dunno:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 13, 2012, 03:11:41 PM »
they also love talking about what their best flavor of milkshake and shaking it for an hour.  just drink your milkshake you dumbass.  everyone knows you are drinking it, you've made your point.  quit shaking it.  IT'S SHAKEN UP ENOUGH!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 13, 2012, 03:12:35 PM »

i used to be evening, now its morning. workout at 530 then off to work. feel much better throughout the day.

I may make that transition.  currently a 4 PM'er.  I think I would feel better changing to a morning.  I'd have to get ready for work at the gym though and that would require a garmet bag to keep my crap from getting wrinkled and other considerations.  I've really got my morning routine down to maximum efficiency.

I only live 5 min from my gym, so i go back home and shower and stuff. If it was further than 10 min away i would bring a garment bag.

you know who the worst people are? lunch-time workout people. i mean, do you just get sweaty and then change back into work clothes and act like nothing happened. jfc thats gross.

we have showers too but I don't think any of the lunch workout weirdos use them. 

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 13, 2012, 03:14:14 PM »

we have showers too but I don't think any of the lunch workout weirdos use them.

same.

but i dont get showering during lunch. just workout in the morning or after work dumbasses.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 13, 2012, 03:14:28 PM »
Row Machines: Who needs 'em?  :dunno:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 13, 2012, 03:17:05 PM »
Yeah stevedave, I hate beefcakes. They always stand in front of you, take your weights, and act like they own the whole gym. It really annoys me. I got mad at one of them one time, cause I got up to get a drink of water from my machine, and then headed back. Guess what? They rushed in on my machine, even though I left my towel there. They said "sorry brah". I was so pissed I just said the first thing that came to my head: "whatever, orange ass". I don't even know what that means, but I was that mad.  :shakesfist:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 03:20:42 PM by fanningksu »

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 13, 2012, 03:20:03 PM »
I would not want to workout with a bunch of the people that work for me.  I prefer to keep up the image that a teacher has to students when they see me outside of work and are like "WTF"

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: April 13, 2012, 03:21:08 PM »

same.

but i dont get showering during lunch. just workout in the morning or after work dumbasses.

Better utilization of your time.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 13, 2012, 03:34:04 PM »

same.

Better utilization of your time.

not at all. so you shower in the morning and then shower again 5 hour later?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 13, 2012, 04:38:53 PM »
hemmy, do you shower just at at work during lunch  :D

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Fitness Questions!
« Reply #213 on: April 13, 2012, 06:27:58 PM »
Yeah stevedave, I hate beefcakes. They always stand in front of you, take your weights, and act like they own the whole gym. It really annoys me. I got mad at one of them one time, cause I got up to get a drink of water from my machine, and then headed back. Guess what? They rushed in on my machine, even though I left my towel there. They said "sorry brah". I was so pissed I just said the first thing that came to my head: "whatever, orange ass". I don't even know what that means, but I was that mad.  :shakesfist:

How about when they sit on the bench press thing and do curls or some other non-bench press thing related stuff?

Also, why does every gym in the world only have two bench presses? WTF? There are 80 rough ridin' treadmill/elliptical things in the gym and the only time they are all used is right after new years. Quit using my goddamn equipment fee to buy some weirdo cable/plyo crap that nobody uses and buy another bench.

Also, beefcakes that walk around with a plastic gallon jug of water.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 13, 2012, 07:49:37 PM »

How about when they sit on the bench press thing and do curls or some other non-bench press thing related stuff?

Also, why does every gym in the world only have two bench presses? WTF? There are 80 rough ridin' treadmill/elliptical things in the gym and the only time they are all used is right after new years. Quit using my goddamn equipment fee to buy some weirdo cable/plyo crap that nobody uses and buy another bench.

Oh, man. The worst!

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 13, 2012, 10:27:37 PM »

It is pretty ridiculous considering you could buy like 8 benches for the price of one treadmill.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 14, 2012, 08:42:49 AM »
Chest and tris today guys.  Who wants to get yoked with LSOC?

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 14, 2012, 09:25:44 AM »
hemmy, do you shower just at at work during lunch  :D

No dummy, I was talking about the working out part, not the showering.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 14, 2012, 09:43:54 AM »
I've been doing the bench press workout that they use at the NFL combines. Bench press 185 to failure 3 times. Once you're able to do it 20 reps on the first set, move the weight to 205. Once you're able to press 205 for 20 reps on the first set, move to 225.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 14, 2012, 09:44:50 AM »
Chest and tris today guys.  Who wants to get yoked with LSOC?
Oh, man. Did that yesterday. This creatine is kicking in. I went 5-10 lbs up on all my lifts without even sweating it. I mean I sweated, but not worse than the aveage human being, you know?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 11:11:07 AM by fanningksu »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 14, 2012, 11:07:33 AM »
Having a hard time deciding which karate Kid style headband to wear today.  I have my dried fruit and beef jerky, have already taken my Jack3d, and my galon jug of water is in the fridge getting super cold so that it won't get warm before hour 3 is over.

So any suggestions on the headband?  Lightning or no lighning.  I mean, how does a guy decide that by himself.

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 14, 2012, 11:12:02 AM »
Having a hard time deciding which karate Kid style headband to wear today.  I have my dried fruit and beef jerky, have already taken my Jack3d, and my galon jug of water is in the fridge getting super cold so that it won't get warm before hour 3 is over.

So any suggestions on the headband?  Lightning or no lighning.  I mean, how does a guy decide that by himself.

Always go lightning, CNS. Always go lightning!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 14, 2012, 11:17:27 AM »
Yeah, that was a test and Fanning just passed like a boss.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 14, 2012, 01:08:03 PM »
Who would be your ideal lifting buddy?  Mine: Brady Quinn.  Strutting around the gym, crushing EAS and telling people when we were actually done.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 14, 2012, 01:43:54 PM »
The guy on that one gym commercial that is filling out the application and constantly saying "bang..bang...bang...POW!" As he flexes while continuing to fill out the app. 

Either him of that one Hawaiian chick that used to do the beach workouts in the morning on ESPN in the '90's.