Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 327583 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Fitness Questions!
« Reply #175 on: April 13, 2012, 12:25:49 PM »
I am currently treating the gym like a dog treats a bone.  Just gnawing on this squat rack.

Just told Hawk to turn this SOD up.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 13, 2012, 12:30:32 PM »
Some guy in ku shirt just tried to do shoulder press with 85's like me and dropped it on his bald spot. 

I offered him some chalk...

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 13, 2012, 12:30:37 PM »
Make sure to grunt a lot.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 13, 2012, 12:36:26 PM »
This thread has me pumped!  Going to do some dips with a plate on a chain around my waist

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 13, 2012, 01:30:33 PM »
Just got on some creatine and I have a new energy on my workouts. Been on it for a week. Anyone looking for an edge, I'd suggest it. I'm going to get so swoll.  :gocho:
What kind of creatine do you use?  I use Con-Cret and then use Beta-Cret for my pre-workout.  I like it the best of all the other creatines I've used since there is no loading stage and you don't get all bloated and full of water.
GNC Creatine Monohydrate. Please excuse my ignorance, I don't know the differences. I'm learning. Teach me Kitten_mittens.
First of all, don't shop at GNC.  Unless you like to go in there to impress the fillies.  I go to bodybuilding.com, they usually have some pretty good deals, and search for free samples and you can add 2 free samples to every order.  It's a good way to try new stuff and see how you react to it before you have to buy a bunch of it.  Also, I'd suggest a good pre-workout.  Like I said, i use beta-cret to stack with my con-cret and it gets me pretty energized.  Some of my friends like to use Jack3d.  It seems to do a pretty good job.  As far as protein, I use Muscle Pharm Combat chowder.  It tastes good and is as good of a protein shake as there is out there.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 13, 2012, 01:32:14 PM »
Thanks  :thumbs:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 13, 2012, 01:42:07 PM »
fanning, I take a one a day mens multi vitamin, a nature made fish oil and a nature made vitamin d every day.  seems to get me pretty jacked up for my day

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Fitness Questions!
« Reply #182 on: April 13, 2012, 01:50:34 PM »
I pound a Frosty for protein. Pre-workout, I stack it with a sugar free red bull that I crush in my hand when I'm done.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 13, 2012, 01:54:26 PM »
another good tip is that if you work out you will be extra hungry.  but, because you worked out, you can shovel absolute garbage into your mouth and it's ok.  you have to reward yourself for that hard work or your body will revolt and won't let you go back to the gym again. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 13, 2012, 01:57:18 PM »
if your body knows it's going to get a medium pepperoni lovers and a 6 pack of sam adams later it will really push itself on the elliptical. 

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 13, 2012, 01:57:33 PM »
fanning, I take a one a day mens multi vitamin, a nature made fish oil and a nature made vitamin d every day.  seems to get me pretty jacked up for my day
But does it get you JACK3D?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 13, 2012, 01:58:42 PM »

yeah, I guess.  pretty much. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 13, 2012, 02:02:37 PM »
I'm going to pre-pak with all of this stuff, before my workout today at 4.  :excited:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 02:06:50 PM by fanningksu »

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 13, 2012, 02:15:48 PM »

yeah, I guess.  pretty much.
LOL, if you were JACK3D, you wouldn't be guessing.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 13, 2012, 02:17:39 PM »
I mean, i get pretty jacked.  I don't quit my elliptical routine until my 40 minutes are up and I'm really sweaty. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 13, 2012, 02:43:26 PM »
I have a lot of head nodders at my gym. Like a "hey, what's up, how are you doing today? I see you all the time" kind of nod. I really like it. Reminds me of the finger up in a small town in Kansas, when you're driving.

There are two guys that work out basically every time I work out for like a year now.  About three months ago, the started talking to me like they new me.  I assumed they knew my wife, because one looks a lot like one of her friends hubby.  The other day, my wife was in the gym w/ me and I pointed him out and she had no clue who the d00d was!!!!

:surprised:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 13, 2012, 02:48:56 PM »
That's a great story, CNS. Have you ever rode around in a Jeep? When you drive by other Jeeps they always wave at you. It's like a club. It's the same thing here. We're all in the super elite, get fit as crap club. Head nod away.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 02:55:36 PM by fanningksu »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 13, 2012, 02:50:40 PM »
people at the gym talk to everyone else at the gym always every day forever.  I don't like it.  don't stop by me and ask me how it's going.  you keep walking beefcake.  you are allowed to say hi as you walk by ONLY.  no stopping. 

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 13, 2012, 02:52:03 PM »
you guys morning workout people or evening?

i used to be evening, now its morning. workout at 530 then off to work. feel much better throughout the day.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 13, 2012, 02:54:20 PM »

i used to be evening, now its morning. workout at 530 then off to work. feel much better throughout the day.

I may make that transition.  currently a 4 PM'er.  I think I would feel better changing to a morning.  I'd have to get ready for work at the gym though and that would require a garmet bag to keep my crap from getting wrinkled and other considerations.  I've really got my morning routine down to maximum efficiency. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 13, 2012, 02:54:45 PM »

After. I'm jittery just thinking about it right now. When that clocks hits 4, I'm going to do chest lifts like a boss.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 13, 2012, 02:56:12 PM »
On the talking thing: If I have both head phones in, the right move is to smile or FanningHeadNod.  The wrong move is to make me take out a headphone.  It's like they think I have all rough ridin' day or that they know some super easy way to get a 1 hour workout completed in 35min. 

As for the timing, I am an evening guy by necessity. I wish I could work out every morning at 10am. I drink coffee on the way to the gym when I do work out in the morning on the weekend.  Like, 16oz of it.  Prob why I like it better.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 13, 2012, 02:59:32 PM »
also, how about those beefcakes that are in the gym for like 4 hours a stretch?  a majority of the time they are just roaming around talking to other beefcakes and not even working out.  no matter what time you go to the gym there are those same guys. 

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 13, 2012, 03:00:17 PM »

I may make that transition.  currently a 4 PM'er.  I think I would feel better changing to a morning.  I'd have to get ready for work at the gym though and that would require a garmet bag to keep my crap from getting wrinkled and other considerations.  I've really got my morning routine down to maximum efficiency.

I only live 5 min from my gym, so i go back home and shower and stuff. If it was further than 10 min away i would bring a garment bag.

you know who the worst people are? lunch-time workout people. i mean, do you just get sweaty and then change back into work clothes and act like nothing happened. jfc thats gross.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 13, 2012, 03:00:37 PM »
I used to have to work til 11p and would go to a 24 hour place after. I enjoyed that. Currently evenings but may switch to morning. Keep waking up earlier and body has decided to get by on 6 hrs of sleep most days

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk