Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 327253 times)

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats
« Reply #3625 on: March 16, 2021, 08:47:05 PM »
I had been on 3 ride losing streak with my numbers kjw. I also watched an ad that was for watching like the Tour de France or something and jt had kjw stats for riders during the race and lmao holy crap it is so funny, like 500 kjw. I can’t even.

I think I need to get a pre work out routine with a little bit of protein and a banana and water and then get after it.  I don’t usually eat all day at work and so by the time I get home I don’t have enough energy to get in a big workout, but I also don’t want to eat dinner before workout.

Thoughts?

Also any other #pelotoncats here? I need to add some # if anyone has some recommendos

Why don't you eat at work? I snack throughout the day. A banana between breakfast and lunch and an apple, handful of almonds or handful of trailmix in the afternoon. I can get a little carried away with the trailmix. My grandma also makes me dehydrated apples which I'll snack on.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: March 16, 2021, 08:59:30 PM »
Honestly, I don't have much time to eat something real.  I should probably be better at getting healthy snacks and sticking to them.  I do a decent job of drinking water.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: March 16, 2021, 09:05:26 PM »
I do like 180 watts on the Hydrow for a 20-30 minute row. Like 170 for a 30+ usually:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: March 16, 2021, 09:26:18 PM »
I’ve been going over 200 for the shorter high intensity workouts and peaking at 300 for short bits but I can’t even imagine 500+. I would explode.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: March 17, 2021, 09:24:53 AM »
pack a snack or protein bar and eat it on your way home

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3630 on: March 17, 2021, 10:03:51 AM »
Do they still make powerbars?  I used to eat powerbars and drink gatorade when I was a kid thinking I would turn in to Michael Bishop.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: March 17, 2021, 10:46:09 AM »
Do they still make powerbars?  I used to eat powerbars and drink gatorade when I was a kid thinking I would turn in to Michael Bishop.
my green gatorade bottle as a kid basically turned me into Michael Jordan
also these are freaking delicious https://www.aldi.us/en/products/breakfast-cereals/energy-granola-bars/detail/ps/p/elevation-by-millville-mint-chocolate-high-protein/

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: March 17, 2021, 12:57:08 PM »

There are some Met RX meal replacement bars that are pretty decent.  I used to keep a couple in my desk as backup meals if my day got away from me.

Definitely find time to eat during the day if you plan to work out.  Meal prep for the week on the weekend if you have to. 

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: March 17, 2021, 01:06:17 PM »
I got a rower.  Anyone row?  It's a great full body exercise that benefits both muscle strength and cardiovascular endurance.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: March 17, 2021, 04:09:59 PM »
I got a rower.  Anyone row?  It's a great full body exercise that benefits both muscle strength and cardiovascular endurance.

I row 2-3x a week.  I like the cardio that doesn't kill the legs.  SD has a rower that's designed by Gehry I think.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: March 17, 2021, 04:24:06 PM »

There are some Met RX meal replacement bars that are pretty decent.  I used to keep a couple in my desk as backup meals if my day got away from me.

Definitely find time to eat during the day if you plan to work out.  Meal prep for the week on the weekend if you have to.

Keep an eye on the calories though. Calories in, calories out brosephs.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: March 17, 2021, 04:30:52 PM »
I think the dumbest/most brutal piece of equipment known to man is the assault bike.. Usually feel like I'm going to puke afterwards

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: March 17, 2021, 04:47:07 PM »

I row 2-3x a week.  I like the cardio that doesn't kill the legs.  SD has a rower that's designed by Gehry I think.
Yes, I’m a row bro. I love the heck out of it.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: March 17, 2021, 04:47:15 PM »
I had been on 3 ride losing streak with my numbers kjw. I also watched an ad that was for watching like the Tour de France or something and jt had kjw stats for riders during the race and lmao holy crap it is so funny, like 500 kjw. I can’t even.

I think I need to get a pre work out routine with a little bit of protein and a banana and water and then get after it.  I don’t usually eat all day at work and so by the time I get home I don’t have enough energy to get in a big workout, but I also don’t want to eat dinner before workout.

Thoughts?

Also any other #pelotoncats here? I need to add some # if anyone has some recommendos

everyone at my wife's work has one and she's intrigued and feels like she's missing out on the cool kids' club but also kinda doesn't want one just because she doesn't want to join the cool kids club on principle.

As someone who absolutely hates working out, it is pretty great.

that's awesome. I was looking at a used ones on craigslist and it looks like used is more expensive than new. What gives?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: March 17, 2021, 04:56:18 PM »

Thoughts?

everyone at my wife's work has one and she's intrigued and feels like she's missing out on the cool kids' club but also kinda doesn't want one just because she doesn't want to join the cool kids club on principle.

that's awesome. I was looking at a used ones on craigslist and it looks like used is more expensive than new. What gives?
covid.... price on all gym equipment is insane or not available

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: March 17, 2021, 05:14:04 PM »

Thoughts?

You can get an interest free loan plus incentives from Peloton to buy a new one so I would just go with that.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: March 18, 2021, 08:28:18 AM »
I'm convinced they'll be used and cheap in a few months at which point I'll consider it.  On the other hand, everyone talks about how they love the crap out of them so maybe they aren't gathering dust like most gym equipment.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats
« Reply #3642 on: March 18, 2021, 09:04:31 AM »
I'm convinced they'll be used and cheap in a few months at which point I'll consider it.  On the other hand, everyone talks about how they love the crap out of them so maybe they aren't gathering dust like most gym equipment.
I think you may be able to find a used one, but if you are going to give me zero percent financing on something I already want to buy, I’m pulling the trigger.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: March 23, 2021, 09:10:11 AM »
I think the dumbest/most brutal piece of equipment known to man is the assault bike.. Usually feel like I'm going to puke afterwards
Confession: I like the Assault Bike. It is the only movement at the gym that I can beat everyone else on (since it requires no coordination unlike overhead squats, etc)...

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3645 on: March 23, 2021, 10:50:08 AM »
I think you may be able to find a used one, but if you are going to give me zero percent financing on something I already want to buy, I’m pulling the trigger.

For sure. I bought a "used" one that still had the plastic on it right before Covid hit. It was an amazing deal, but I had been looking for a while with several popping up. Then covid hit and new ones were taking forever so people were selling used ones for about the price of new because they could actually get them. I'd buy new now, but in 5-6 months they are going to start hitting Craiglist again. Plus, they recently updated the bike so older models will start hitting the secondary as well.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: March 23, 2021, 11:35:58 AM »
Confession: I like the Assault Bike. It is the only movement at the gym that I can beat everyone else on (since it requires no coordination unlike overhead squats, etc)...
Freakcat..
I recently bought some battle ropes for our dojo that we've been working out in.. mainly cause they looked bad ass but then tried them out and they actually suck hard

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: March 23, 2021, 11:48:25 AM »
It’s all ropes and tires these days

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: March 23, 2021, 11:49:30 AM »
Freakcat..
I recently bought some battle ropes for our dojo that we've been working out in.. mainly cause they looked bad ass but then tried them out and they actually suck hard
:thumbs: Whenever I think of battle ropes, I automatically think of JO doing the battle ropes in a  MBB hype video from a few years back.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: March 29, 2021, 04:19:38 PM »
i tried test for 3 weeks. decided it wasn't for me, but i learned a lot about it. AMA!