Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 327775 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats
« Reply #3225 on: February 12, 2018, 03:53:54 PM »
Yea I thought it was like the Low carb flu you were talking about and then realized you literally had a hangover from alcohol that was slightly amplified from your new diet.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: February 12, 2018, 04:25:30 PM »
I’m not going to lie to you, it could legit be 2 weeks of this until your body starts using primarily ketones as fuel.  Once that period is over you will be shedding fat and water weight like mad for as long as you want until you hit your target.

oh it's already working (212 this morning  :gocho: ) but what does that have to do with the keto demon hangover that makes you unable to open your eyes or exit the fetal position for an entire day?

I guess I'm still a little unclear as to where any of this is alcohol induced or not. Since you said keto I was assuming you were referring to the general malaise people feel as their bodies transition from burning sugar to burning fat, aka carb flu, bc it can feel a lot like a perpetual hangover.

If it's not from alcohol then the fastest way to get over the nasty feeling is to take in plenty of saturated fats like coconut oil, avocado oil and olive oil, as well as getting as much salt as you can stomach bc your body will naturally flush salt when you are in ketosis.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: February 12, 2018, 04:30:12 PM »
yeah mocat you're being very confusing. are you keto-hungover or alcohol hungover intensified by keto?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: February 12, 2018, 04:31:01 PM »
Seems p clear he's talking alcohol hangovers while ketoing
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: February 12, 2018, 04:34:54 PM »
sorry, yes i am talking about alcohol hangovers while keto-ing

i have not experienced any negative side effects from the keto-ing itself

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: February 12, 2018, 04:37:47 PM »

Don't drink while you're still getting keto adapted. Keto101 stuff right there, smdh

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: February 12, 2018, 04:38:47 PM »
He just found out what a carb was. You gotta give him some time.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: February 12, 2018, 04:42:20 PM »

:thumbs: people always describe keto-adjusting as feeling hungover thus the confusion. i've also really really never experienced anything negative like that.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats
« Reply #3233 on: February 12, 2018, 09:23:55 PM »
Pulled my back out yesterday on a damn quadriceps leg lift machine. Last set of the day.  Boom!  Hit me like a ton of bricks.  Back spasms all day yesterday and still really bad today. I am going to be out of commission for a while.

eff lifting legs.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: February 12, 2018, 11:12:26 PM »

Don't drink while you're still getting keto adapted. Keto101 stuff right there, smdh

Whatever man. Drinking while getting adjusted to keto is rough ridin' drunksville aka rough ridin' awesome.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: February 13, 2018, 07:58:05 AM »

Whatever man. Drinking while getting adjusted to keto is rough ridin' drunksville aka rough ridin' awesome.

Yeah and it will set you back probably 4-5 days from getting fully adjusted but hey people should do what they want. #1cat

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: February 13, 2018, 08:14:16 AM »

Yeah and it will set you back probably 4-5 days from getting fully adjusted but hey people should do what they want. #1cat

What do you mean?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: February 13, 2018, 10:30:07 AM »
Wackster I forgot to mention this but if you want other lapp'rs to take you seriously then there are 2 things you gotta do every time before you start swimming laps: first, the Michael Phelps swing your arms across your body to slap the opposite lat move. I won't describe it any further bc it's so iconic. 2) right after you jump in, make sure to get a big mouthful of pool water then just spit it right back into the pool. 3) as long as you do steps 1 and 2 then get ready to be the boss of everything  :gocho:
I did 35 laps last night in 50 minutes (down and back as 1). I'm getting kinda good. Finished my workout by sitting in the hot tub for 5 minutes like they do in the Olympics.  :love:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: February 13, 2018, 10:36:31 AM »
Seems p clear he's talking alcohol hangovers while ketoing
yeah.. apparently keto must make you a big dumb dumb

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: February 13, 2018, 10:38:13 AM »
Wackster I forgot to mention this but if you want other lapp'rs to take you seriously then there are 2 things you gotta do every time before you start swimming laps: first, the Michael Phelps swing your arms across your body to slap the opposite lat move. I won't describe it any further bc it's so iconic. 2) right after you jump in, make sure to get a big mouthful of pool water then just spit it right back into the pool. 3) as long as you do steps 1 and 2 then get ready to be the boss of everything  :gocho:
I did 35 laps last night in 50 minutes (down and back as 1). I'm getting kinda good. Finished my workout by sitting in the hot tub for 5 minutes like they do in the Olympics.  :love:

You need to do the lat slap thing before you dive into hot tub to really assert your dominance.
@mikec2w

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3240 on: February 13, 2018, 10:55:11 AM »
 :thumbs:

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: February 13, 2018, 12:56:35 PM »

What do you mean?

While your body is still learning to burn fat as it's primary energy source, if you introduce a whole bunch of alcohol (sugar) back into your system your body is going to be like ok wait what are we doing here? And it will take a few days to get back on track. Once you're fully adjusted if you have a cheat day your body will only need a few hours or maybe a day to get back on track, and sometimes you can just get away with it and never get knocked out of keto

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: February 13, 2018, 01:30:10 PM »

What do you mean?

While your body is still learning to burn fat as it's primary energy source, if you introduce a whole bunch of alcohol (sugar) back into your system your body is going to be like ok wait what are we doing here? And it will take a few days to get back on track. Once you're fully adjusted if you have a cheat day your body will only need a few hours or maybe a day to get back on track, and sometimes you can just get away with it and never get knocked out of keto

Even hard liquor?

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: February 13, 2018, 02:10:26 PM »
Guess that depends. If you drink it straight then yeah, you should be fine. I think the general consensus is to go easy on the booze if you're serious about keto but I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who are fat burning machines and drink a fifth of bourbon every weekend so I if you can handle it then grats

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: February 13, 2018, 04:04:31 PM »
Guess that depends. If you drink it straight then yeah, you should be fine. I think the general consensus is to go easy on the booze if you're serious about keto but I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who are fat burning machines and drink a fifth of bourbon every weekend so I if you can handle it then grats

I drank like 3 gin & diet tonics, no carbs. I was hammered.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: February 13, 2018, 04:17:32 PM »
you keto guys sound like 16 year old yla and all of his buds with drinking

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: February 13, 2018, 04:23:01 PM »
College Wacky used to carry around a water jug mixed with Vodka and Pink Lemonade Crystal light on the weekends to parties two months before spring break. Talk about shredded, fellas.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: February 13, 2018, 10:12:16 PM »
Ok ketocats, I’m sure this has been covered, but here’s what’s bugging me:

What makes keto different than any other diet. If you eat a bunch of fat/protein, is it more likely to just get passed through your system rather than stored as fat? Otherwise I’m struggling to understand why it isn’t just a complicated way to eat less than you otherwise would.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: February 13, 2018, 10:21:34 PM »
Ok ketocats, I’m sure this has been covered, but here’s what’s bugging me:

What makes keto different than any other diet. If you eat a bunch of fat/protein, is it more likely to just get passed through your system rather than stored as fat? Otherwise I’m struggling to understand why it isn’t just a complicated way to eat less than you otherwise would.

I'm sure the science and links to lots of articles are already in here

when the diet consists of mostly fat with limited carbs, the body chemistry changes to adapt from a glucose energy cycle to a ketone energy cycle. ketones are generated by your liver breaking down dietary or stored fats. your mitochondria and crap change up to burn ketones instead of glucose. or something like that

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: February 13, 2018, 10:23:25 PM »
source: i just at a bento with 300g of white rice