Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 328316 times)

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats
« Reply #2850 on: January 06, 2017, 11:03:01 AM »
Man, I would love to do BJJ.  The closest gym is like a 45min drive though.  No way I can make that work.  Downside of the smaller, further out, suburbs. 
Warm up the cauliflower ear and MRSA infections!

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: January 06, 2017, 11:07:15 AM »
What is bjj

i was wondering too but it just came to me. brazilian jiu jitsu.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: January 06, 2017, 11:07:27 AM »

Man, I would love to do BJJ.  The closest gym is like a 45min drive though.  No way I can make that work.  Downside of the smaller, further out, suburbs. 

I wish.  That drive, though.....

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: January 06, 2017, 11:08:59 AM »

Aren't you tall or something? The mere thought of anyone over 6' "rolling" is so :lol:

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2854 on: January 06, 2017, 11:15:25 AM »
Nips are looking good. Bandaids and duck tape did the trick.

However, Mrs. Wacky was a little grossed out when I got home and ripped those items off my nipples.  :ROFL: :frown:
https://www.bodyglide.com/shop/body/

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: January 06, 2017, 11:21:29 AM »

Aren't you tall or something? The mere thought of anyone over 6' "rolling" is so :lol:

:dubious:

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: January 06, 2017, 12:38:58 PM »
All you bjjcats need to head a couple threads over and tell ben ji which presidents you could take in a fight

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: January 06, 2017, 01:20:46 PM »

I'll hold you down and rub my MRSA all over you until you like it, and there ain't crap you can do about it.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: January 06, 2017, 01:45:38 PM »
Puni I've been on Keto for a year now.  I feel great.  I enjoy what I eat, I never get that "OMG I am STARVING" feeling that used to lead to smashing whatever I could find (crap carbs etc) into my face.  I work out... hard.  I will do crossift workouts 3 to 4 days a week and I train BJJ two times a week. It's a different workout and a real burner.  My stamina is on par or better than pretty much anyone I've rolled with and I can keep up with the kids at the gym.  I more or less quit drinking.. might have a couple beers if I have to in a social situation every other month or so.  I'm a home body so it hasn't been in issue. 

The main thing I've noticed.. .and maybe it's due to the weight loss, but I'm not sore from just sitting/sleeping. I used to get up or get out of bed and feel like my joints were practically locked.  I popped and creaked.. stiff... I'm not that way anymore.  I was 277 and around 30% BF when I began a year ago.  I'm about 235 and in the 16% range now give or take.  I don't have a six pack or anything but I'm to the point where I can feel where they are.  It's nice.  I wholeheartedly recommend a HFLC diet to anyone who is serious about being healthy and sticking with it. It's not a 5 day on and 2 day off thing though. It's every day.

what is your cholesterol like if you don't mind me asking? i know there's a lot of debate about cholesterol being good/bad but just curious what it has done to your numbers.

I don't have my results from last summer but I'm getting checked in a month or two and will report back with the bloods. 
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 01:49:27 PM by The1BigWillie »
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: January 06, 2017, 01:48:58 PM »

I'm 6'4" 235...  Longer limbs are actually an advantage from what I'm told... So far though I would really like to make my arms a little shorter. :)
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: January 06, 2017, 01:50:12 PM »
All you bjjcats need to head a couple threads over and tell ben ji which presidents you could take in a fight

Answer:  All of them.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: January 06, 2017, 01:50:26 PM »

Puni I've been on Keto for a year now.  I feel great.  I enjoy what I eat, I never get that "OMG I am STARVING" feeling that used to lead to smashing whatever I could find (crap carbs etc) into my face.  I work out... hard.  I will do crossift workouts 3 to 4 days a week and I train BJJ two times a week. It's a different workout and a real burner.  My stamina is on par or better than pretty much anyone I've rolled with and I can keep up with the kids at the gym.  I more or less quit drinking.. might have a couple beers if I have to in a social situation every other month or so.  I'm a home body so it hasn't been in issue. 

Are you pretty new to BJJ?  I definitely work up a sweat when I'm rolling, but I feel like after a while you learn how to not waste energy when you don't have to.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: January 06, 2017, 01:59:17 PM »

Are you pretty new to BJJ?  I definitely work up a sweat when I'm rolling, but I feel like after a while you learn how to not waste energy when you don't have to.

Very new. VERY.  I've been pretty good at not SPAZZING and remembering to just get to a spot where I can breath.  Granted I haven't really been in a balls out war with anyone either.  I either get subbed pretty quick or we go at a decent pace.  Seems like everyone is pretty gassed after we are all done rolling though.  But yeah I hear ya... I'll learn and it will be different. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: January 06, 2017, 02:00:29 PM »

I'm 6'4" 235...  Longer limbs are actually an advantage from what I'm told... So far though I would really like to make my arms a little shorter. :)

I also thought long limbs would be better.  If they aren't I am f'ed.  Wingspan is a little over 7' last measured.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: January 06, 2017, 02:27:49 PM »

Very new. VERY.  I've been pretty good at not SPAZZING and remembering to just get to a spot where I can breath.  Granted I haven't really been in a balls out war with anyone either.  I either get subbed pretty quick or we go at a decent pace.  Seems like everyone is pretty gassed after we are all done rolling though.  But yeah I hear ya... I'll learn and it will be different.

:thumbs: pretty much 90% of my improvement has come from understanding when I am actually in trouble (or going to be) and when I'm fine, even the other guy is in a dominant position. In the latter case I just take a breather and wait for an opening.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2865 on: January 06, 2017, 02:29:13 PM »
So bjj is just hipster wrestling?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: January 06, 2017, 02:29:51 PM »
mods please add "BJJCats" to thread title tia

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: January 06, 2017, 03:02:55 PM »

wrestling where it is legal to attempt to remove someones limb(s) or head.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: January 06, 2017, 03:15:12 PM »

*sometimes legal.

Certain neck cranks/leg locks are sometimes banned.

And if anything I would call BJJ hipster Judo.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #2869 on: January 06, 2017, 04:31:30 PM »

*sometimes legal.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: January 06, 2017, 05:50:07 PM »

*sometimes legal.

I wasn't trying to relay him the entire rule book, try-hard.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2871 on: January 08, 2017, 08:20:13 PM »
Nine miles this evening in sub 20 weather. Lube up the nips with Bodyglide. No chafing like wackycrustynips!

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: January 08, 2017, 10:17:53 PM »

sounds like the crossfit of wrestling imo

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: January 08, 2017, 10:36:21 PM »
^^ yoga doin werk on that 2017 word cloud.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: January 08, 2017, 11:32:42 PM »
do you feel good? <- I bet you care about that

The main thing I've noticed.. .and maybe it's due to the weight loss, but I'm not sore from just sitting/sleeping. I used to get up or get out of bed and feel like my joints were practically locked.  I popped and creaked.. stiff... I'm not that way anymore.  I was 277 and around 30% BF when I began a year ago.  I'm about 235 and in the 16% range now give or take.  I don't have a six pack or anything but I'm to the point where I can feel where they are.  It's nice.  I wholeheartedly recommend a HFLC diet to anyone who is serious about being healthy and sticking with it. It's not a 5 day on and 2 day off thing though. It's every day.

this is what I wanted to hear. I think maybe that anyone who didn't feel and irresistible compulsion to bang out this response isn't really ketocatting

when I was HFLC ketokatting I felt like a superbeing but more interestingly I felt no negative consequences from caloric restriction.

when karbokatting 4000 calories only makes me want 5000. when ketokatting 2000 calories made me world peace