Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 328741 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats
« Reply #2825 on: January 05, 2017, 03:48:08 PM »
Have any keto-dudes monitored their caloric intake before and after starting a keto diet?  It seems like having a complicated diet that restricts most crave-able foods is bound to get you to eat less in general.

The crave-able foods are tough at first.  After like a month or two, you mostly stop craving them, though.  Right now, I could give an F about bread, chips, or fries, for example.

I started off just working out as much and often as I could and not monitoring my nutrition much.  Lost weight

Stalled

Moved to monitoring just basic calories in calories out with no care what the calories were from.  Lost weight

Stalled

Moved to macro management.  lost weight right away.

Stalled quickly and stayed there for months.   Got injured and frustrated.  Couldn't work out for like 6wks and stopped monitoring for a few months and gained about 15lbs back.

Started playing with upping my protein, then tried raising carbs to as high as 250, lowered carbs to as low as 150, then carb cycling over a weekly period.  Nothing broke the stall.  This was over a 3-4 month period, too.

Got on Keto.  Took something like 2 weeks to see losses start.  Then crap got real, real quick and the weight loss was pretty consistent until about a month ago when I started eating at maintenance.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: January 05, 2017, 03:50:17 PM »
I don't really pay attention to macros or any of that stuff, though maybe I should.

I just keep carbs below 20g a day and try to be cognizant of electrolyte intake and weight seems to come off.

Re. binging:  hard liquor and water (or diet soda) is, as it always has been, your friend.

I did this for a month or two before I found the FB group I now use as a resource.  I started out just trying to keep fat at 70% and carbs around 5%.  I lost weight even though my calories were like 4k plus daily.  I think this is common but quickly ends if you stay on the diet for a while.  Evidently, once your body gets fully fat adapted, maxing out fat like that will put fat back on you. 

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: January 05, 2017, 03:51:43 PM »
I tried keto but struggled with not being able to eat certain things.  I've found I'm better at eating whatever is worth the calories and just working out more when need be.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: January 05, 2017, 04:09:17 PM »
im worried that some of you ketokatters are just low carbing instead

have you felt the transformation of your energy systems where you have constant energy all day for your supercharged mind and body regardless of when you eat or how much?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: January 05, 2017, 04:10:52 PM »
I don't really pay attention to macros or any of that stuff, though maybe I should.

I just keep carbs below 20g a day and try to be cognizant of electrolyte intake and weight seems to come off.

Re. binging:  hard liquor and water (or diet soda) is, as it always has been, your friend.

I did this for a month or two before I found the FB group I now use as a resource.  I started out just trying to keep fat at 70% and carbs around 5%.  I lost weight even though my calories were like 4k plus daily.  I think this is common but quickly ends if you stay on the diet for a while.  Evidently, once your body gets fully fat adapted, maxing out fat like that will put fat back on you.
Yeah.  The thing I like most about (my version of) keto is that the rules are simple and they work if you follow them.  "You are allowed to eat these kinds of foods, and not these kinds." 

Hardcore keto'ing is a different story.  I'd honestly rather be a fatso than keep track of all these different food stats every single day.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: January 05, 2017, 04:14:39 PM »

have you felt the transformation of your energy systems where you have constant energy all day for your supercharged mind and body regardless of when you eat or how much?
I don't give a crap about any of that.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: January 05, 2017, 04:16:31 PM »
do you feel good? <- I bet you care about that

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: January 05, 2017, 04:17:36 PM »
unrelated: I ate like 8 lbs of pasta last night so I should have a pretty good swolie cat day today

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: January 05, 2017, 04:30:25 PM »

I def have.  I don't crash after lunch anymore and I don't need coffee like I used to.  I drink a cup a day now, rather than a eff load.

My workouts have been the other big change.  I used to have workouts where I felt useless and my ability would be less than other days.  I would have workouts where I felt like superman.  I don't have those swings now. 

I don't have a noticeable mental difference other than the no crash in the afternoon thing, but that was energy, not focus. 

I do fast most weeks from Friday early evening to dinner on  Sat and I do feel super awesome up until around 4pm those days.  Even at 4, I feel great, but start getting pretty hungry.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: January 05, 2017, 04:35:37 PM »
I do fast most weeks from Friday early evening to dinner on  Sat

of all times to do a fast you do the start of the weekend?  :sdeek:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2835 on: January 05, 2017, 04:41:21 PM »
Right now?  No.  I'm 90% sure I have e. coli. 

But when I've done keto in the past I've felt fine.  No real difference. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: January 05, 2017, 04:43:54 PM »
I do fast most weeks from Friday early evening to dinner on  Sat

of all times to do a fast you do the start of the weekend?  :sdeek:

I don't really drink much any more.

Also, I take my kids for ice cream, most Sunday evenings, then we play board games.  I get some with them half the time or so and would rather eat that with them then rather than pizza and booze on Friday nights.   That said, I still do that every once in a while too.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: January 05, 2017, 04:44:58 PM »
sounds awesome :flush:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: January 05, 2017, 04:49:14 PM »
sounds awesome :flush:
I booze a ton on Fridays except only with liquor and it only takes me a few because of my keto superpowers. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: January 05, 2017, 04:50:04 PM »
I get that.  Sounds lame to me when I say it too, but I feel really good.

Everyone is different.  I tried a lot of different things before landing here.  Many worked for short periods and stopped.  This may too, but for now, it is working.

Other stuff may work better for other ppl. 

:dunno:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: January 05, 2017, 04:51:36 PM »
just razzing ya - i like reading this thread even if it makes me barf

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: January 05, 2017, 04:58:21 PM »
keto kat PSA: shooting 1 oz or more of MCT oil on an empty stomach reboots your whole digestive system through your ass

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: January 05, 2017, 05:41:06 PM »
keto kat PSA: shooting 1 oz or more of MCT oil on an empty stomach reboots your whole digestive system through your ass

Puni I'm really glad you mentioned this because I'm on day 4 of being a ketocat and pee is the only thing that has come out of my body and it's starting to make me a little nervous... :Ugh:

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: January 06, 2017, 10:04:05 AM »

Puni I've been on Keto for a year now.  I feel great.  I enjoy what I eat, I never get that "OMG I am STARVING" feeling that used to lead to smashing whatever I could find (crap carbs etc) into my face.  I work out... hard.  I will do crossift workouts 3 to 4 days a week and I train BJJ two times a week. It's a different workout and a real burner.  My stamina is on par or better than pretty much anyone I've rolled with and I can keep up with the kids at the gym.  I more or less quit drinking.. might have a couple beers if I have to in a social situation every other month or so.  I'm a home body so it hasn't been in issue. 

The main thing I've noticed.. .and maybe it's due to the weight loss, but I'm not sore from just sitting/sleeping. I used to get up or get out of bed and feel like my joints were practically locked.  I popped and creaked.. stiff... I'm not that way anymore.  I was 277 and around 30% BF when I began a year ago.  I'm about 235 and in the 16% range now give or take.  I don't have a six pack or anything but I'm to the point where I can feel where they are.  It's nice.  I wholeheartedly recommend a HFLC diet to anyone who is serious about being healthy and sticking with it. It's not a 5 day on and 2 day off thing though. It's every day.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: January 06, 2017, 10:09:43 AM »
Man, I would love to do BJJ.  The closest gym is like a 45min drive though.  No way I can make that work.  Downside of the smaller, further out, suburbs. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: January 06, 2017, 10:19:52 AM »
Nips are looking good. Bandaids and duck tape did the trick.

However, Mrs. Wacky was a little grossed out when I got home and ripped those items off my nipples.  :ROFL: :frown:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: January 06, 2017, 10:42:20 AM »
Puni I've been on Keto for a year now.  I feel great.  I enjoy what I eat, I never get that "OMG I am STARVING" feeling that used to lead to smashing whatever I could find (crap carbs etc) into my face.  I work out... hard.  I will do crossift workouts 3 to 4 days a week and I train BJJ two times a week. It's a different workout and a real burner.  My stamina is on par or better than pretty much anyone I've rolled with and I can keep up with the kids at the gym.  I more or less quit drinking.. might have a couple beers if I have to in a social situation every other month or so.  I'm a home body so it hasn't been in issue. 

The main thing I've noticed.. .and maybe it's due to the weight loss, but I'm not sore from just sitting/sleeping. I used to get up or get out of bed and feel like my joints were practically locked.  I popped and creaked.. stiff... I'm not that way anymore.  I was 277 and around 30% BF when I began a year ago.  I'm about 235 and in the 16% range now give or take.  I don't have a six pack or anything but I'm to the point where I can feel where they are.  It's nice.  I wholeheartedly recommend a HFLC diet to anyone who is serious about being healthy and sticking with it. It's not a 5 day on and 2 day off thing though. It's every day.

what is your cholesterol like if you don't mind me asking? i know there's a lot of debate about cholesterol being good/bad but just curious what it has done to your numbers.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: January 06, 2017, 10:44:52 AM »
What is bjj
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: January 06, 2017, 10:46:18 AM »

One of the benefits to not eating grains anymore is a lot less inflammation which would explain the joints improvement for you.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: January 06, 2017, 10:53:04 AM »
Are there any high bread consumption diets?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite