Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 327752 times)

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
Re: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats
« Reply #2050 on: July 27, 2015, 10:08:54 AM »
arthritis

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: July 27, 2015, 10:40:14 AM »
arthritis

WTF am I supposed to do about that?

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: July 27, 2015, 11:19:12 AM »
arthritis

WTF am I supposed to do about that?

just cut your hand off, i guess.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: July 27, 2015, 11:20:05 AM »
osteoporosis

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: July 27, 2015, 11:40:08 AM »
I had something like that going on in an elbow several yrs ago.  Went to the doc, he wanted to operate.  Went to PT instead and it turned out to be a nerve issue.  Never was a huge amt of pain, just loss of strength with a little pain.  Was more annoying than anything, but never took care of itself.  Few weeks of PT did the trick.

Being a wrist, it may be due to something you are doing repeatedly regarding keyboard, mouse, or something.  Could also be arthritis, though.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: July 27, 2015, 12:04:43 PM »
Anything more than 2 days of soreness needs rest. Anything more than 10 days needs a doctor/trainers opinion.

Also you should be able to decipher muscle soreness and actual problematic pain. It comes in handy
@Trogdor_gE

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: July 27, 2015, 12:09:12 PM »
Anything more than 2 days of soreness needs rest. Anything more than 10 days needs a doctor/trainers opinion.

Also you should be able to decipher muscle soreness and actual problematic pain. It comes in handy

#broscience

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: July 27, 2015, 12:15:02 PM »

#broscience

If you want some #broscience, I can deliver a quick slap to the cranium with the swoliebible
@Trogdor_gE

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2058 on: July 27, 2015, 12:22:36 PM »
Do any of you guys have a good resource for a calorie calculator that helps to determine how much you should be eating to attain your goals?  I have been using My Fitness Pal to track meals, but I don't seem to be making much progress.  My hunch is that I am not eating enough and my body is still in fat storing mode instead of burning it.
MFP doesn't use any weight lifting in the calorie calculation - cardio and food only. I'm searching for something too.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: July 27, 2015, 12:50:26 PM »
I had something like that going on in an elbow several yrs ago.  Went to the doc, he wanted to operate.  Went to PT instead and it turned out to be a nerve issue.  Never was a huge amt of pain, just loss of strength with a little pain.  Was more annoying than anything, but never took care of itself.  Few weeks of PT did the trick.

Being a wrist, it may be due to something you are doing repeatedly regarding keyboard, mouse, or something.  Could also be arthritis, though.

It was cause by a specific incident. It did not just start hurting out of the blue. Also, it is my left wrist - not the dominate hand so I don't think I am stressing it in normal everyday use.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 01:10:46 PM by Mrs. Gooch »

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: July 27, 2015, 01:05:24 PM »
Do any of you guys have a good resource for a calorie calculator that helps to determine how much you should be eating to attain your goals?  I have been using My Fitness Pal to track meals, but I don't seem to be making much progress.  My hunch is that I am not eating enough and my body is still in fat storing mode instead of burning it.
MFP doesn't use any weight lifting in the calorie calculation - cardio and food only. I'm searching for something too.

I think I am going to have to break down and visit a nutritionist to get the low down on what I really need to do.  I've been using that #broscience thus far.
@mikec2w

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
@Trogdor_gE

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: July 27, 2015, 01:30:04 PM »
@XT

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

That kind of reinforces what I thought.  Looks like I'm eating about 500 or so too few calories per day for their weight loss threshold.
@mikec2w

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: July 27, 2015, 02:29:58 PM »

Yeah it does.   I find that it severely over estimates, though.  Like, almost double.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: July 27, 2015, 02:36:21 PM »
So, I got a Fitbit Charge HR last week.  Having worn it a few times, I am worried about it's accuracy.  I know several ppl who have one and all feel like the calorie burn is accurate and all have had results using it's feedback. 

However, mine is telling me that I burn approx 500 more calories a day than what the Trogdor link said, and approx 800 cal/day more than MFP says I should be burning.

I have a hard time believing I burn what those two programs say I burn.  If you look into MFP on their bbs, it seems common that ppl see a high burn rate and most seem to negate part of it and manually enter a lesser number.

It would probably be smart for me to see a nutritionist for a quality understanding of accurate burn rate too.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: July 27, 2015, 03:41:30 PM »
TBH, that calculator is decent if you're looking for a general idea. The amount of calories you need to eat/burn depends on height, weight, normal activity, physical activity, and medical conditions. You will just have to try some things for a few weeks and see if it works and then adjust accordingly. It sucks but if you work with a consistent/strict diet for a while and track progress, you can see what works for you.
@Trogdor_gE

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: July 27, 2015, 03:57:04 PM »
Yeah,  MFP has worked for me for a long time. 

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: July 27, 2015, 04:20:04 PM »

Does it still work?
@Trogdor_gE

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2068 on: July 27, 2015, 04:21:31 PM »

Yeah it does.   I find that it severely over estimates, though.  Like, almost double.
Maybe you are using the premium version. Doesn't add calories in free version. See dashed line next to bench press.

Does that regardless of the exercise added in the strength training section.

Edit... Refreshed and still no cals for strength.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: July 27, 2015, 04:22:41 PM »

Does it still work?
Yeah.  Just looking for fine tuning.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2070 on: July 27, 2015, 04:24:09 PM »

Maybe you are using the premium version. Doesn't add calories in free version. See dashed line next to bench press.

Does that regardless of the exercise added in the strength training section.
No, I use circuit weight training and interval training.  I don't enter it in by lift.  I account for my entire time under one line item (other than warm up running and intervals)

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2071 on: July 27, 2015, 04:25:58 PM »
Heh. So it doesn't work for you either. Lolz.

The Big Train

« Reply #2072 on: July 29, 2015, 10:09:59 AM »
what are some good mid to lower back stretches?  i stretch my quads and hamstrings whenever my back hurts, but it's not helping as much as I'd like

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: July 29, 2015, 10:11:54 AM »
stretching is a myth

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: July 29, 2015, 10:15:02 AM »
Get a foam roller, roll before and after workouts.  also, do warm ups before working out.