Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 328338 times)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Re: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats
« Reply #2025 on: July 22, 2015, 04:14:10 PM »
people who stare at you are waiting for the perfect moment to ask you to spot them

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: July 22, 2015, 05:44:11 PM »
Go to a different gym.  I mean, if you want to see a collection of unintimidating ppl, when it comes to athletic prowess, look at your local YMCA.  The Y's mascot should be a slightly overweight middle aged person who hasn't done crap for the last ten yrs.

I am going to the YMCA. But at the time I am going, which is convenient for my schedule, the free weight area (which is also where the Smith machine and and pull up thingy are) is full of buff guys (and girls).

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: July 22, 2015, 10:16:22 PM »
Go to a different gym.  I mean, if you want to see a collection of unintimidating ppl, when it comes to athletic prowess, look at your local YMCA.  The Y's mascot should be a slightly overweight middle aged person who hasn't done crap for the last ten yrs.

I am going to the YMCA. But at the time I am going, which is convenient for my schedule, the free weight area (which is also where the Smith machine and and pull up thingy are) is full of buff guys (and girls).

Which Y?
@Trogdor_gE

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: July 23, 2015, 07:38:15 AM »

Which Y?

Downtown Wichita

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: July 23, 2015, 08:09:24 AM »
who gives a eff what someone else thinks? you're there for you, right?

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: July 23, 2015, 08:38:25 AM »

who gives a eff what someone else thinks? you're there for you, right?
Agreed. Maybe 3% of the population is doing something to stay physically fit. Even if you gaf about those at the Y, then you should really feel good about being better than the other 97% of losers who do nothing!

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: July 23, 2015, 08:40:37 AM »
3% seems really low.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: July 23, 2015, 09:35:32 AM »
first thing i do when i join a new gym is find someone who looks trusting to be my needle buddy. have you done that yet, mrs gooch?
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: July 23, 2015, 04:01:16 PM »
I understand Mrs gooch,  the second biggest reason (after being super lazy) I don't go to the gym is because I'll look like an idiot and I have no idea what to do there  :frown:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: July 23, 2015, 04:03:49 PM »
I understand Mrs gooch,  the second biggest reason (after being super lazy) I don't go to the gym is because I'll look like an idiot and I have no idea what to do there  :frown:

instructions for the gym:

1- turn the ipod shuffle dial to METAL
2- adjust volume to 136 dBA
3+ rough ridin' WRECK crap

you guys are all overthinking it

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: July 23, 2015, 04:05:35 PM »
Yep, both ear buds in, and just don't pay attention to anything that you personally aren't doing.  Also, the correct playlist is '90's and 00's rap, though.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: July 23, 2015, 04:09:00 PM »
Also, the correct playlist is '90's and 00's rap, though.

pff, maybe for cardio

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: July 23, 2015, 05:04:15 PM »

3% seems really low.
I am in North Carolina. I hadn't taken that into consideration.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: July 23, 2015, 08:15:37 PM »
OK guys I went to the assisted pull up thing and did some pull ups and dips today. I was listening to an audiobook though.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: July 23, 2015, 08:22:33 PM »
Some Notorious B.I.G. would have made you need less assistance probs.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2040 on: July 25, 2015, 12:05:07 AM »
OK guys I went to the assisted pull up thing and did some pull ups and dips today. I was listening to an audiobook though.

Stop listening to that crap at the gym. You need to walk into the gym like your Dave Chappelle from that slowed down fake rap video. Btw, no one is laughing at you. Mad respect is given to girls who do free weights.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: July 25, 2015, 12:24:47 AM »

If youre not listening to trash rap or screamo, youre not doing it right. Props for taking a step forward tho
@Trogdor_gE

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: July 27, 2015, 09:09:27 AM »
Do any of you guys have a good resource for a calorie calculator that helps to determine how much you should be eating to attain your goals?  I have been using My Fitness Pal to track meals, but I don't seem to be making much progress.  My hunch is that I am not eating enough and my body is still in fat storing mode instead of burning it.
@mikec2w

The Big Train

« Reply #2043 on: July 27, 2015, 09:25:24 AM »
whenever I counted calories I always used MFP, I think it's sort of a different system with points and stuff, but have you tried the weight watchers app?  from what I have seen its decent enough

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: July 27, 2015, 09:32:00 AM »
How long should your wrist hurt/ache before you think there is a problem?

The Big Train

« Reply #2045 on: July 27, 2015, 09:35:21 AM »
does it just hurt after push-ups/working out, or all the time?  My wrists hurt from doing bench and curls and arm exercises like that, so I wear wrist wraps whenever I do those specific lifts. Have you tried getting some wrist wraps of some kind?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: July 27, 2015, 09:45:32 AM »
does it just hurt after push-ups/working out, or all the time?  My wrists hurt from doing bench and curls and arm exercises like that, so I wear wrist wraps whenever I do those specific lifts. Have you tried getting some wrist wraps of some kind?

If I am holding it still, it does not hurt; but if I move it it hurts a little especially if I do any twisting motion. On Saturday I couldn't do full strength punches (just punching the air, not a target) because that jolted my wrist. If I put my arm out like this...

...and put weight in my hand, my wrist is very weak. Like I tried to carry a gallon of milk (in a plastic bag with the handle in my hand) and my wrist just gives out, but if I change to keep my wrist straight and just let it hang down the side of my body with the weight that is ok.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: July 27, 2015, 09:48:18 AM »
I did get some tape and taped my wrist when I was punching and doing knuckle pushups and that seemed to help a little. (I am doing only knuckle pushups because bending my wrist for a normal pushup hurts.)

The Big Train

« Reply #2048 on: July 27, 2015, 09:59:10 AM »

If I am holding it still, it does not hurt; but if I move it it hurts a little especially if I do any twisting motion. On Saturday I couldn't do full strength punches (just punching the air, not a target) because that jolted my wrist. If I put my arm out like this...

...and put weight in my hand, my wrist is very weak. Like I tried to carry a gallon of milk (in a plastic bag with the handle in my hand) and my wrist just gives out, but if I change to keep my wrist straight and just let it hang down the side of my body with the weight that is ok.

I did get some tape and taped my wrist when I was punching and doing knuckle pushups and that seemed to help a little. (I am doing only knuckle pushups because bending my wrist for a normal pushup hurts.)

im no doctor but it seems like you maybe over did it, when my wrist or anything is hurting that bad I just don't lift until it starts to feel better. you may go get it checked out, but i would just take it easy for a bit and maybe get a brace.  if it still doesnt get better then get it checked out. 

using those wrist wraps and/or taping it does help a lot, but not if its already strained. personally i dont like taping because its a pain in the ass to do every time. you can get a wrist wrap or a brace for pretty cheap and its a lot more convenient, IMO, than taping my wrists every time.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: July 27, 2015, 10:06:34 AM »
When I say hurting, it is not like a really lot of excruciating pain, but enough to know that something is not right...and the more weight the more pain.

It has been aching for 2 weeks now. The first week I was still doing pushups and stuff, but when it didn't get better I didn't do anything for about 5 days, then started doing things that keep my wrist straight (pull ups, knuckle pushups) a few days ago.....but it has still not gotten better.