Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 328210 times)

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats
« Reply #1775 on: August 19, 2014, 03:25:18 PM »
It's a weird shade of purple to go with black, that's all I'm saying.

mrs. gooch thinks they are cute

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: August 19, 2014, 03:30:28 PM »
I have the purple low tops with white soles, but I like the black soles a lot. Actually I have at least 6 pairs of Chucks.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: August 19, 2014, 04:46:07 PM »
Listen up nerds, this is the swolecats etc. thread. Take your shoe advice crap to y-l_a's fashion thread.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: August 19, 2014, 04:49:09 PM »
how many chucks do you think you could rip in half at once with your bare hands?

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: August 19, 2014, 05:06:30 PM »
how many chucks do you think you could rip in half at once with your bare hands?

probably like 20

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: August 20, 2014, 08:57:37 AM »
Let's talk about hamstrings.  I mean, wtf is their problem anyway?

Pulled one pretty bad in like March or something doing interval sprints on the treadmill.  Stopped doing all running for a month or so to get it back and it was still very touchy after that.  Stopped the intervals and all sprinting for a few months and only did slowish distance(for me) jogging.  It felt normal for the last month or so.  Back to intervals a couple weeks ago but at 30sec/30sec increment rather than 1min/1min.  Last night, on my eighth interval, I got a small tweak and immediately stopped and stretched/rolled it like crazy.

Was told last time that this is common if your hamstrings aren't strong enough to balance your quads during running.  So, I have spent all summer doing a bunch of deadlift'ey type stuff and here I am back with the issue again. 

What the hell?

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: August 20, 2014, 10:58:35 AM »

Pulled one pretty bad in like March or something doing interval sprints on the treadmill.  Stopped doing all running for a month or so to get it back and it was still very touchy after that.  Stopped the intervals and all sprinting for a few months and only did slowish distance(for me) jogging.  It felt normal for the last month or so.  Back to intervals a couple weeks ago but at 30sec/30sec increment rather than 1min/1min.  Last night, on my eighth interval, I got a small tweak and immediately stopped and stretched/rolled it like crazy.

Was told last time that this is common if your hamstrings aren't strong enough to balance your quads during running.  So, I have spent all summer doing a bunch of deadlift'ey type stuff and here I am back with the issue again. 

What the hell?

Do you do static lunges or split squats?  Those are Grade A hammy builders. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: August 20, 2014, 11:02:25 AM »

What the hell?

Yep.  Body weight on both, tho. Also do forward, reverse, and side to side lunges as well as deadlift, squats, and a couple diff glute type curl/raise thingys.

I think my h'strings have gone old man on me or something.   :Crybaby:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: August 20, 2014, 11:04:23 AM »

What the hell?

Yep.  Body weight on both, tho. Also do forward, reverse, and side to side lunges as well as deadlift, squats, and a couple diff glute type curl/raise thingys.

I think my h'strings have gone old man on me or something.   :Crybaby:

Oh man no, you've got use weight.  Use an Olympic barbell too, not dumbells.  It's a little awkward at first, but then it feels amazing. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: August 20, 2014, 11:12:58 AM »
I assume the split squats you do don't have a jump and leg switch at the top?

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: August 20, 2014, 11:17:53 AM »

If that's what you've been doing, then stop being such a weirdo immediately and start lifting some serious giant-appropriate weight to get those weak hammies right.  Good grief man, jumping around like that at your size and age. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: August 20, 2014, 11:20:48 AM »

If that's what you've been doing, then stop being such a weirdo immediately and start lifting some serious giant-appropriate weight to get those weak hammies right.  Good grief man, jumping around like that at your size and age.

I do serious weights on other lifts(deadlifts and leg press).  I have been working the last two sesh's to get this whole front squat thing in the program.  The jump split squats are great in the middle of an upper body complex to add some light legs and keep the heart up.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: August 20, 2014, 11:25:50 AM »

I do serious weights on other lifts(deadlifts and leg press).  I have been working the last two sesh's to get this whole front squat thing in the program.  The jump split squats are great in the middle of an upper body complex to add some light legs and keep the heart up.

Hey guess what your hammies are still shitty for you so maybe start using the weight on the stuff I said. :th_twocents:

Nothing I have ever done has blasted my 'strings like split squats/static lunges with a barbell and accompanying weight plates.  Do something else to flop around and keep your heart rate up. :dunno:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: August 20, 2014, 11:27:04 AM »
Fair enough.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: August 20, 2014, 11:27:54 AM »
eff, yeah.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: August 20, 2014, 11:28:22 AM »
Front squats and leg presses are quad dominant movements. If you're having problems with your hamstrings because they are underdeveloped, you need to back squat and deadlift. Romanian deadlifts are a good accessory movement, so are glute ham raises, if you have the equipment available, and good mornings.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: August 20, 2014, 11:33:36 AM »
Try the Bread stuff first.  Hear me now and believe me later, you WILL have robo-strings. 

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: August 20, 2014, 11:34:57 AM »
Do whatever you want, just know that you need to focus on your posterior chain.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: August 20, 2014, 11:41:15 AM »

Tapout noted. 

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: August 20, 2014, 11:41:50 AM »

Tapout noted.

Go do your split squats. I've got real weight to move.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: August 20, 2014, 11:42:46 AM »

Tapout noted.

Go do your split squats. I've got real weight to move.

You can hulk out on those if you've got what it takes. 

The Big Train

« Reply #1796 on: August 20, 2014, 11:43:12 AM »
Throw in some bench reps too CNS

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: August 20, 2014, 12:17:53 PM »
Front squats and leg presses are quad dominant movements. If you're having problems with your hamstrings because they are underdeveloped, you need to back squat and deadlift. Romanian deadlifts are a good accessory movement, so are glute ham raises, if you have the equipment available, and good mornings.

Yeah, have been doing a lot of RDL's and reg DL's as well as glute/ham raises.  I have thought about cutting back on the leg presses because I was told the first time this happened that it was due to a quad/hamm imbalance, so gains on my quads would just further the gap.   :dunno:  Will def try the bread stuff tho.  Very sick of the issues.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: August 20, 2014, 01:13:14 PM »

Yeah, have been doing a lot of RDL's and reg DL's as well as glute/ham raises.  I have thought about cutting back on the leg presses because I was told the first time this happened that it was due to a quad/hamm imbalance, so gains on my quads would just further the gap.   :dunno:  Will def try the bread stuff tho.  Very sick of the issues.
Are good old fashioned leg curls not cool anymore?  1 set of hammy for every 1 set of quaddy is the rule of thumb.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: August 20, 2014, 01:31:24 PM »

1 set of hammy for every 1 set of quaddy is the rule of thumb.

I was thinking of laying off because of the existing disparity.  Maybe just holding back some weight on the leg press until the hamstrings heal and catch up more.   Does anyone know if there is a measurable goal to balance hamm's and quads?  I mean, if you leg press x, should you be RDL'ing y?  If so, is there a ratio or something?