Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 327823 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Swolieville
« Reply #1450 on: June 10, 2014, 02:31:34 PM »
BMI punishes muscle mass.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: June 10, 2014, 02:36:08 PM »
By BMI standards I am overweight, almost obese. Have you seen me with my shirt off?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: June 10, 2014, 02:59:05 PM »
At 6'-5", I would have to weigh something like 190 to be in my healthy range.  I haven't weighed that since like seventh grade.

The Big Train

« Reply #1453 on: June 10, 2014, 03:22:40 PM »
According to BMI I am excessively obese, I mean what? It would be physically impossible for me to loose enough to get in the "healthy range" unless I laid down and my muscles when into atrophy for like 2 months.

I haven't looked but is there something like BMI except not stupid like BMI?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: June 10, 2014, 03:29:48 PM »
Just read a little on it.  I could weigh 156 and be considered "normal".  that is just ridic.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: June 10, 2014, 03:32:41 PM »
I'm honestly surprised that you guys are just now realizing how ridiculous that index is.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: June 10, 2014, 03:39:01 PM »
I'm honestly surprised that you guys are just now realizing how ridiculous that index is.

wii fit was the first time i encountered it and then scoffed and then laughed at it

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: June 10, 2014, 03:40:42 PM »
I have known how crazy it is, but after a while I forget how absolutely crazy it really is. 

I mean, I would have to go on the German Concentration Camp diet to hit 156.  Seems irresponsible to have such a measure with such shortcomings.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: June 10, 2014, 03:57:31 PM »
I can hold a wiggling 30 lbs'ish thing in one arm and pick up like small toy type items with a foot and lift it up to my other hand all day long guys. I'm in top form on this right now. if this was an olympic event I'd be the gold medal guy in it.
I would totally get the gold in not letting a 30 ish pound thing fall out of my arm, even when the 30 ish pound thing is throwing itself backwards TRYING to fall down.
the medal round is the 30 ish thing kicking you in the nuts and then you have to buckle it in to a car seat

The Big Train

« Reply #1459 on: June 10, 2014, 04:03:58 PM »

wii fit was the first time i encountered it and then scoffed and then laughed at it

same here and I was in great shape and it still said I was obese  :sdeek:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: June 10, 2014, 04:43:19 PM »
I can hold a wiggling 30 lbs'ish thing in one arm and pick up like small toy type items with a foot and lift it up to my other hand all day long guys. I'm in top form on this right now. if this was an olympic event I'd be the gold medal guy in it.

:D

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: June 10, 2014, 04:49:56 PM »
According to BMI practically every NFL player, even the ones with 8% bodyfat would be morbidly obese. A completely ripped, 6 foot 1 240 lb linebacker would be expected to die within a matter of days. Obviously if you're pretty muscular BMI isn't very useful.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: June 10, 2014, 04:53:26 PM »
holy crap, i'm only "overweight"!  love you BMI!

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: June 10, 2014, 04:56:22 PM »
I'm towards the top of normal range, but that's only because I'm ectomorphic as a MF'er

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: June 11, 2014, 12:56:21 PM »
How goes it CNS?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: June 11, 2014, 01:23:23 PM »
How goes it CNS?

Trying to do it without powders.  Don't like the idea of adding several hundy cals a day for a supplement. 

I am not worried about the transition.  Looking at my eating habits closer for the last couple years, I already don't eat many carbs, so that is a pretty easy thing to keep up.  On a pretty standard day for me I end up lower than the 1g/# goal by 15% or so.  Not sure if that is good or not.  However, I need to get an additional 120g-140g of protein a day min to meet the low side recommended(which still seems ridic high).  I am still trying to figure out how to do this naturally without supplements. What's crazy is that I actually have to find a way to tweak what I normally eat to find another 20g of fat, too. Wouldn't have thought that I was under doing that.   Going to have to just feel my way though over time, I guess. 

I have never had trouble losing weight, recovering from workouts, or gaining strength, and still don't, so it will be interesting to see if this change accelerates the weight loss or slows it due to building more strength. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: June 11, 2014, 01:24:59 PM »
I probably also need to get a hold of my sodium.  I regularly exceed my recommended sodium intake by 50% according to myfitnesspal.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: June 11, 2014, 01:32:14 PM »
I probably also need to get a hold of my sodium.  I regularly exceed my recommended sodium intake by 50% according to myfitnesspal.

I don't worry about sodium. If you are working out pretty regularly you need sodium and potassium.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: June 11, 2014, 01:34:50 PM »

I don't worry about sodium. If you are working out pretty regularly you need sodium and potassium.

Well, that is good news!

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: June 11, 2014, 01:36:31 PM »

Well, that is good news!

I mean, unless you have high blood pressure but I doubt you do.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: June 11, 2014, 01:36:56 PM »

Well, that is good news!

I mean, unless you have high blood pressure but I doubt you do.

:driving: :billdance:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: June 11, 2014, 03:22:34 PM »

I have never had trouble losing weight.

Do you have visible abs?
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: June 11, 2014, 03:29:04 PM »

I have never had trouble losing weight.

Do you have visible abs?

No. But since trying to start losing weight, I have been doing so.   :dunno:

I wasn't saying I am in fantastic shape.  I drink a decent amt and love food.  However, when I am following my plan, I lose weight just fine.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: June 11, 2014, 03:38:03 PM »
Well to some if you don't have visible abs and can't achieve them, then you have some trouble losing weight.  It cheapens the concept.  Not having trouble not being a huge sloppy fatass isn't really the same thing. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: June 11, 2014, 03:44:07 PM »
Why so mean to cns mr bread?