Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 328633 times)

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Fitness Questions!
« Reply #875 on: March 11, 2014, 10:18:14 PM »
Home workouts suck.  The best thing in life is crushing a local Golds for 2 hours with a bunch of like minded folks

Agreed, LSOC, they aren't ideal. There are few things I love more than unleashing my tribal powercat barbed-wire tattoos as I absolutely demolish a Gold's. (Freeweights only, of course.) But since you have six daughters, I'm assuming you know that sometimes you need to stay on the homefront and watch over the brood. Staying home once in a while shouldn't keep me from crushing a workout, you know?

Ideally I'd like to increase definition and shed a few pounds around the mid-section that have been gained during Mrs. WonderMeal's pregnancies. I have some dumbbells (up to 45s) and flat bench, but don't have the space to expand the home gym that much.

SwoleCats and FitCats--sculpt this 'Cat.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: March 11, 2014, 10:19:14 PM »
I was being sarcastic about Golds.  I like lifetime alright. 

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: March 11, 2014, 10:51:19 PM »
Has anyone done those Arnold workouts? (30,12,10,8,6) I want to know what you think of them. I rather enjoy them

Nope. Link?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/arnold-schwarzenegger-blueprint-trainer-day-12.html

Supersets=gains
@Trogdor_gE

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 11, 2014, 11:14:00 PM »
Good home workouts: go.

Ross Enamait- Never Gymless.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #879 on: March 12, 2014, 03:36:44 AM »
Home workouts suck.  The best thing in life is crushing a local Golds for 2 hours with a bunch of like minded folks

Agreed, LSOC, they aren't ideal. There are few things I love more than unleashing my tribal powercat barbed-wire tattoos as I absolutely demolish a Gold's. (Freeweights only, of course.) But since you have six daughters, I'm assuming you know that sometimes you need to stay on the homefront and watch over the brood. Staying home once in a while shouldn't keep me from crushing a workout, you know?

Ideally I'd like to increase definition and shed a few pounds around the mid-section that have been gained during Mrs. WonderMeal's pregnancies. I have some dumbbells (up to 45s) and flat bench, but don't have the space to expand the home gym that much.

Spartacus is a nice full body home workout.

http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/spartacus-workout-1

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 12, 2014, 11:36:34 AM »
Has anyone done those Arnold workouts? (30,12,10,8,6) I want to know what you think of them. I rather enjoy them

Nope. Link?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/arnold-schwarzenegger-blueprint-trainer-day-12.html

Supersets=gains

Yeah they work. I like to workout like that sometimes but if I don't throw in some crossfit type stuff I usually put on some fat too. A combination of the two works really well. 

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 12, 2014, 11:39:02 AM »

I have basically the same setup but with maybe a few more dumbells and a chin up bar. If you have that stuff you can do a ton of workouts.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: March 12, 2014, 11:45:27 AM »

Who turns and gawks when you scream really loud while finishing your last rep?

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 12, 2014, 11:47:20 AM »

I have basically the same setup but with maybe a few more dumbells and a chin up bar. If you have that stuff you can do a ton of workouts.

I have this minus the chinup bar.  Do you have any links you could throw out for some total body routines with the dumbells?
@mikec2w

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 12, 2014, 11:56:49 AM »

I have this minus the chinup bar.  Do you have any links you could throw out for some total body routines with the dumbells?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/workmonth1.htm

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: March 12, 2014, 11:57:08 AM »
I have a fully furnished home gym (so rubber mats and mirrors) with full olympic weight set (so ez curl bar too) and power rack and flat and incline bench and dip station and adjustable Iron Man dumbells up to 160 lbs and I just had an amazing pec workout this am.  My heir was present during and he was suitably impressed.  He was getting a good burn in his jump jump.  #hereditarynails #thenaildoesntfallfarfromthetree #likefatherlikenails
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: March 12, 2014, 11:57:19 AM »

Nope. Link?

Supersets=gains

Yeah they work. I like to workout like that sometimes but if I don't throw in some crossfit type stuff I usually put on some fat too. A combination of the two works really well.

I usually always warm-up/start my workout with cross fit. I feel much more productive in the gym afterward
@Trogdor_gE

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: March 12, 2014, 12:00:27 PM »
I have a fully furnished home gym (so rubber mats and mirrors) with full olympic weight set (so ez curl bar too) and power rack and flat and incline bench and dip station and adjustable Iron Man dumbells up to 160 lbs and I just had an amazing pec workout this am.  My heir was present during and he was suitably impressed.  He was getting a good burn in his jump jump.  #hereditarynails #thenaildoesntfallfarfromthetree #likefatherlikenails

:lol:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: March 12, 2014, 12:01:03 PM »
As stupid as all that was it's actually true. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: March 12, 2014, 12:01:27 PM »
I would get in an adult sized jump jump if they made them. (DO THEY MAKE THEM???)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: March 12, 2014, 01:14:11 PM »
As stupid as all that was it's actually true.

It's amazing and wonderful that your real actual life is a perfectly executed clams parody post.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: March 12, 2014, 01:36:55 PM »
hasfit.com

I do these in between gym memberships.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: March 12, 2014, 01:51:30 PM »
you fuckers asking about home workouts/ working out with minimal equipment need to read Never Gymless.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: March 12, 2014, 02:27:32 PM »
In heaven, the only diet is carb backloading.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: March 12, 2014, 04:10:35 PM »

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/workmonth1.htm

:thumbsup:
@mikec2w

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: SwoleCats And FitCats
« Reply #895 on: March 12, 2014, 06:07:48 PM »
Diggin the new thread title
@Trogdor_gE

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: March 12, 2014, 06:13:18 PM »
Diggin the new thread title

Yeah good job Wondermeal  :thumbs:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 12, 2014, 07:05:37 PM »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: March 12, 2014, 08:42:14 PM »
Swolieville

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r