Author Topic: Swolecats, Fitcats, Thincats, Cardiocats, even Yogacats  (Read 327466 times)

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
Re: Fitness Questions!
« Reply #850 on: March 10, 2014, 07:55:21 PM »
Depends how you feel. Figure 600-800 cals for an hour workout. If you feel good with 400 cal replacement, rock it. You have to learn what works for you. It's a lifelong experiment.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 10, 2014, 07:58:39 PM »
Do what you want, but I'd aim for no more than a 200 cal deficit. More than that really doesn't accelerate the process much and can make you feel crummy and lose muscle mass.

So, if the app says I need 1823 calories I shouldn't drop much below 1600...right?  Also, on the days when I workout do I need to eat a little more or can I use that as bonus burn?

Yeah if 1823 is really your output I wouldn't drop below 200 less than that. Most people eat more carbs on days they work out which usually equals a bit more cals and less carbs on days they don't workout. None if this is exact stuff because you'll never know exactly how much calories you are burning in a given day but you just try to get close. That's why small caloric deficits and consistency over time is what works.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: March 10, 2014, 07:59:34 PM »

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #853 on: March 10, 2014, 08:10:37 PM »
You nailed it with the high carb comment. Our diets are loaded with carbs. I rarely eat bread and I still struggle to keep carbs in range.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 10, 2014, 08:11:10 PM »

Can any of you guys do a handstand? (like a real handstand for a long time) I would like to learn to do one and any advice is appreciated. TIA
practice with the wall first.. Once you feel stable start by taking one foot off at a time and progress from there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can already do one against a wall. And then I can stay there for about 2-4 seconds after I take my feet from the wall. How do I work on my balance to keep up without the wall?
are you comfortable kicking into one knowing you might roll over? That was my problem kicking to light or too hard. Try some roll outs if you are scared. Also turn around walk up the wall and try putting your nose to the wall while keeping the front if your legs off of it.(no I'm not kidding) and tight core arms locked out and your toes pointed

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: March 10, 2014, 08:18:03 PM »
You nailed it with the high carb comment. Our diets are loaded with carbs. I rarely eat bread and I still struggle to keep carbs in range.

Yeah. It's kind of annoying how much my body craves carbs. Like, I would drink 4 wheat beers and eat a couple pizza's a day if I could. I was pretty rough ridin' miserable on Paleo. Now, I just eat oatmeal and chicken wraps and stuff like that and I've gotten used to it, but its pretty annoying how this food that bloats you up and makes you feel like crap is so rough ridin' good.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 10, 2014, 08:20:42 PM »
Everyone's goal should be to look like ultimate warrior by fattyfest

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 10, 2014, 08:25:56 PM »

Can any of you guys do a handstand? (like a real handstand for a long time) I would like to learn to do one and any advice is appreciated. TIA
practice with the wall first.. Once you feel stable start by taking one foot off at a time and progress from there

I can already do one against a wall. And then I can stay there for about 2-4 seconds after I take my feet from the wall. How do I work on my balance to keep up without the wall?
are you comfortable kicking into one knowing you might roll over? That was my problem kicking to light or too hard. Try some roll outs if you are scared. Also turn around walk up the wall and try putting your nose to the wall while keeping the front if your legs off of it.(no I'm not kidding) and tight core arms locked out and your toes pointed

This video, the part 2 vid, and some crossfit was how I learned to do them. I still kinda suck at them but im also 6' 4'' with super long arms and couldn't even do a summersault until a year ago.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 10, 2014, 08:28:35 PM »

I'm in.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 10, 2014, 09:18:11 PM »

I'm in.

:shakesfist:

The Big Train

« Reply #860 on: March 10, 2014, 10:28:20 PM »
I am using myfitnesspal and it is awesome.  It really helps me keep track of what I eat throughout the day.  Based on what I put in there, it is telling me my goal is around 1800 cals per day.  I've just been trying to accelerate the process by eating a few hundred cals less per day.  Maybe I am screwing up :dunno:.

MyFitnessPal is awesome, I use it too(don't update it enough tho), the one thing that I wish they would update is calories burned for weight lifting.  I have joked a lot about just doing bench and curls but I really try and work out everything(legs on the days my knees feel well enough). The one thing I need to increase is cardio, since I can't just run I have to do elliptical and bike, but it is SO rough ridin' BORING, just need to suck it up I guess to loose the lbs.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 10, 2014, 10:34:00 PM »
I am using myfitnesspal and it is awesome.  It really helps me keep track of what I eat throughout the day.  Based on what I put in there, it is telling me my goal is around 1800 cals per day.  I've just been trying to accelerate the process by eating a few hundred cals less per day.  Maybe I am screwing up :dunno:.

MyFitnessPal is awesome, I use it too(don't update it enough tho), the one thing that I wish they would update is calories burned for weight lifting.  I have joked a lot about just doing bench and curls but I really try and work out everything(legs on the days my knees feel well enough). The one thing I need to increase is cardio, since I can't just run I have to do elliptical and bike, but it is SO rough ridin' BORING, just need to suck it up I guess to loose the lbs.

You could do some stairs or rowing, really kicks some ass. Especially rowing machines at the rec with the water in them. The sound of the sloshing water adds ambiance.

Just set that sucker to max level and do 1k, you'll feel pretty great
@Trogdor_gE

The Big Train

« Reply #862 on: March 10, 2014, 10:44:16 PM »

You could do some stairs or rowing1, really kicks some ass. Especially rowing machines at the rec with the water in them.2 The sound of the sloshing water adds ambiance.

1. 4 knee surgeries + stairstepper =  :lol:..................................... :dubious:

2. Like are they "in" the rec, or in that atrocious building in their extended parking lot?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 11, 2014, 09:05:03 AM »

I'm getting more comfortable with it. Usually it takes me 2 or 3 tries before I kick hard enough to stay up. I have been trying to do a pirouette bail (turning a quarter turn on my hands to bail out to the side) to get used to being able to control it if I start to fall -- but that is impossible to do against a wall so I can't do both things in the same attempt. I'm a little bit afraid to roll out of it. Probably if I did it once I would be fine after that. I just need to do it on a padded floor the first time.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 11, 2014, 10:25:49 AM »

You could do some stairs or rowing1, really kicks some ass. Especially rowing machines at the rec with the water in them.2 The sound of the sloshing water adds ambiance.

1. 4 knee surgeries + stairstepper =  :lol:..................................... :dubious:

2. Like are they "in" the rec, or in that atrocious building in their extended parking lot?

OR you can accept the fact that you are doomed for the rest of your life
@Trogdor_gE

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 11, 2014, 01:29:28 PM »
start swimming

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 11, 2014, 03:17:30 PM »
I would guess that your knees would be able to handle a stair master if you stuck with it.

The Big Train

« Reply #867 on: March 11, 2014, 03:57:27 PM »
start swimming

This is probably the answer

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #868 on: March 11, 2014, 04:02:41 PM »
Buy a road bike that fits. Helps me and my gimpy back.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: March 11, 2014, 07:48:14 PM »
Has anyone done those Arnold workouts? (30,12,10,8,6) I want to know what you think of them. I rather enjoy them
@Trogdor_gE

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: March 11, 2014, 08:27:45 PM »
Good home workouts: go.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 11, 2014, 08:50:37 PM »
Has anyone done those Arnold workouts? (30,12,10,8,6) I want to know what you think of them. I rather enjoy them

Nope. Link?

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 11, 2014, 08:51:19 PM »
Good home workouts: go.

What's your goal and what kind of equipment do you have

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 11, 2014, 10:07:31 PM »
Home workouts suck.  The best thing in life is crushing a local Golds for 2 hours with a bunch of like minded folks

The Big Train

« Reply #874 on: March 11, 2014, 10:15:28 PM »
Home workouts suck.  The best thing in life is crushing a local Golds for 2 hours with a bunch of like minded folks

I prefer Lifetime(are we direct enemies now  :ohno:?) reason being I can scream as loud as I want on that last rep of bench with the guarantee nobody else is.  Also, Lifetime has those solid weight dumbbells, not the iron 10lb need 7 of them for each side end cap that you continuously have to screw back on, so when I'm done with fly's on a flat bench and I drop(throw  :lol: come on) them to the side they just roll until they hit a wall and not split into a million pieces cuz I was lifting 145lb dumbbells with each arm