Author Topic: felix rex moves to Cairo  (Read 264009 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #625 on: November 29, 2012, 07:59:37 PM »
Secret police sounds way scarier than undercover cop. Are they the same thing?

No. Secret police is a dynamic, not literal translation. Their official title is "national security". Egypt has a similar distinction between types of incarceration, like we do: jail and prison. Only their jail is like our prison and their prison is (to quote a source) "a place where you disappear and your family cannot find you." The men in the crowds can send you to the latter.

why dont protestors beat these guys up?

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #626 on: November 30, 2012, 02:03:09 AM »
Here's a pretty interesting English-language article on who the protestors are and why they're angry. For context, this outlet is pretty anti-Morsi, pro-revolution.

http://www.egyptindependent.com/news/clashing-security-forces-who-why-and-what
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #627 on: December 01, 2012, 05:55:46 AM »
Anybody like mountain biking? I could take a few more pics the next time I'm out. It's pretty savage here. But beautiful views  although the Saturday morning garbage fires are a little bit of a wet blanket.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 01, 2012, 09:34:51 AM »
Anybody like mountain biking? I could take a few more pics the next time I'm out. It's pretty savage here. But beautiful views  although the Saturday morning garbage fires are a little bit of a wet blanket.

yes please. this is your thread, everything you post is interesting.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #629 on: December 01, 2012, 09:35:54 AM »
Ok. FYI I'm terrible at photography.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #630 on: December 01, 2012, 09:39:24 AM »
This is wadi Degla. There are probably better pics online.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 01, 2012, 01:56:14 PM »
Pics say they are invalid.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #632 on: December 01, 2012, 02:05:13 PM »

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #633 on: December 01, 2012, 08:48:40 PM »
Gonna try again

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 01, 2012, 10:36:55 PM »
Gonna try again

don't click, it is a virus that infects you with CIA mcArabia AIDS.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #635 on: December 01, 2012, 11:02:58 PM »
Allahdammit

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 01, 2012, 11:13:26 PM »

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #637 on: December 02, 2012, 02:31:00 AM »
Since I took the day off and Mrs Rex did not, today seems like the day for an-house McArabia. For ambience, I will try to include pics of all the street cats that live outside McDonald. I want you all to be able to taste every bit of this weird Arabic meat loaf thing.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #638 on: December 02, 2012, 02:31:14 AM »
After a nap.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #639 on: December 02, 2012, 02:33:39 AM »
Also, if you have asked a question and I didn't answer, today is the day to remind me. I might even figure out how to post vids of censored family guy videos.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #640 on: December 02, 2012, 02:33:50 AM »
After a nap.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 04, 2012, 01:57:02 PM »
How close are you to the Palace? Is today the worst day of violence?

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #642 on: December 04, 2012, 02:09:19 PM »
I had to pick up my in-laws from the airport. The path of the protest marches kinda was a hassle, but nothing major. More concerning, the protests have reached our ritzy little suburb. The boabs are restless.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: December 04, 2012, 02:11:05 PM »
Since I took the day off and Mrs Rex did not, today seems like the day for an-house McArabia. For ambience, I will try to include pics of all the street cats that live outside McDonald. I want you all to be able to taste every bit of this weird Arabic meat loaf thing.
:excited:
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: December 04, 2012, 04:48:53 PM »
:excited:

Holy crap, I thought it was just like a Big Mac on pita!  This meatloaf angle is very intriguing...

Offline EuroCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: December 04, 2012, 05:18:50 PM »
When i was there and we ate at this road side restaurant this guy pretty much had to post up next to us and shoo off the feral cats. those things are everywhere.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: December 04, 2012, 05:35:05 PM »
I don't believe this McArabia thing is going to happen.  We've been strung along for too long.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: December 05, 2012, 10:21:55 AM »
 :ohno:

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 05, 2012, 05:03:37 PM »
So, why is there pro-Morsi protesters? Are they getting paid or gov't employees or what?

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 05, 2012, 05:59:01 PM »
So, why is there pro-Morsi protesters? Are they getting paid or gov't employees or what?

They want the right to stone their women to death should they walk out of the house alone. Pretty normal stuff.