Author Topic: felix rex moves to Cairo  (Read 263989 times)

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #600 on: November 27, 2012, 09:22:06 PM »
So, how overtly are we (the United States) backing this new would-be dictator?  Seems like he's going to be a straight up dictator, am I reading that right?

He needs to follow the dance steps.

Are they following the Iranian model?  A phoney election for a figurehead with Mullahs in charge?

Don't think so. Just not very good at democracy yet.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #601 on: November 27, 2012, 09:37:29 PM »
So, how overtly are we (the United States) backing this new would-be dictator?  Seems like he's going to be a straight up dictator, am I reading that right?

He needs to follow the dance steps.
i assume there are checks in place for (non-revolutionary) removal of the executive?
Are they following the Iranian model?  A phoney election for a figurehead with Mullahs in charge?

Don't think so. Just not very good at democracy yet.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 28, 2012, 02:05:41 PM »
 :sdeek:

Felix Rex ?@The_FelixRex
STATUS UPDATE: We are upgrading yesterday's "MEH" to a "YIKES".

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 28, 2012, 02:20:28 PM »
:sdeek:

Felix Rex ?@The_FelixRex
STATUS UPDATE: We are upgrading yesterday's "MEH" to a "YIKES".

:runaway:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 28, 2012, 02:21:38 PM »
pissclams
STATUS UPDATE: living in kc, high and dry, no missiles anywhere- ya dig??  :cool:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 28, 2012, 03:17:48 PM »
Don't try and be a hero, felix. Stay safe!  :ohno:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #606 on: November 28, 2012, 10:45:26 PM »
Fun game: if you see a good crowd shot, watch how individual sections of the crowd move. You should eventually spot at least one guy that's not moving. He may be wearing a jacket, probably has his hands in his pockets, and usually isn't looking in the same direction as the crowd. Move two spaces over and two spaces up, generally speaking. In one direction or another, you'll probably find another similar dude. Keep searching until you see them positioned like pawns on a chessboard positioned throughout the crowd, curiously not following the natural movements of such a gathering and watching the crowd instead of the crowd's current focus. These are secret police.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 28, 2012, 10:50:13 PM »
Fun game: if you see a good crowd shot, watch how individual sections of the crowd move. You should eventually spot at least one guy that's not moving. He may be wearing a jacket, probably has his hands in his pockets, and usually isn't looking in the same direction as the crowd. Move two spaces over and two spaces up, generally speaking. In one direction or another, you'll probably find another similar dude. Keep searching until you see them positioned like pawns on a chessboard positioned throughout the crowd, curiously not following the natural movements of such a gathering and watching the crowd instead of the crowd's current focus. These are secret police.

:love:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 29, 2012, 09:23:00 AM »
felix??   :sdeek:

Under the sacred mountain of Muqattam lives a population of Coptic Christians dedicated to recycling of garbage in the city of Cairo
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 29, 2012, 10:12:35 AM »
Secret police sounds way scarier than undercover cop. Are they the same thing?

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #610 on: November 29, 2012, 11:28:50 AM »
Secret police sounds way scarier than undercover cop. Are they the same thing?

No. Secret police is a dynamic, not literal translation. Their official title is "national security". Egypt has a similar distinction between types of incarceration, like we do: jail and prison. Only their jail is like our prison and their prison is (to quote a source) "a place where you disappear and your family cannot find you." The men in the crowds can send you to the latter.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #611 on: November 29, 2012, 11:30:07 AM »
felix??   :sdeek:

Under the sacred mountain of Muqattam lives a population of Coptic Christians dedicated to recycling of garbage in the city of Cairo

I have some pics of this place somewhere. It's a pretty fascinating study in "green". And also in "depressing".

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 29, 2012, 12:23:52 PM »
Heard yesterday that an Egypt court is trying to give the death penalty to someone for speaking against Islam.  I admittedly have really only been paying attention to Egypt to the extent that I read this thread, Rex's tweets, and scan over the occasional CNN front page story when they appear.  That said, are things so mumped up over there that the Egypt Govt are going to start acting all Talibanny and start offing ppl for saying they don't like a certain religion?

Seems to be an indicator of something a little more major happening over there than what is being given attention to.  Just how much are you guys making sure we don't know about, FR?

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #613 on: November 29, 2012, 12:56:18 PM »
You know what we want you to know. I'm tasked with Kansans.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 29, 2012, 01:03:15 PM »
The fear mongers and Israel were warning when the Arab Spring started that this was not a good thing.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: November 29, 2012, 01:04:06 PM »
You know what we want you to know. I'm tasked with Kansans.

Oh man...what is the company line for Missouri?

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #616 on: November 29, 2012, 01:24:50 PM »
You're not authorized to know.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: November 29, 2012, 01:26:40 PM »
I mean, between Israel, Egypt, and then today Syria turning off communications, it seems like even more crap is hitting the fan in that section of the world than usual.
:adios:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #618 on: November 29, 2012, 01:36:38 PM »
Foot in the wood chipper. Things are gonna get worse before they get better.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: November 29, 2012, 01:38:31 PM »

Dancing would be tough with a foot lost to the chipper

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #620 on: November 29, 2012, 01:43:04 PM »

Dancing would be tough with a foot lost to the chipper

The men just have to stand and clap most of the time anyway. That's no excuse.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: November 29, 2012, 01:49:11 PM »
I guess puppets can dance without feet.  I mean, they don't really touch the ground anyway.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #622 on: November 29, 2012, 01:51:24 PM »
I guess puppets can dance without feet.  I mean, they don't really touch the ground anyway.

Keep in mind, Islam demands they be marionettes. Hand puppets are forbidden.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: November 29, 2012, 01:55:00 PM »

Keep in mind, Islam demands they be marionettes. Hand puppets are forbidden.

:lol:

high level kevin clash joke

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #624 on: November 29, 2012, 02:10:58 PM »
When I finally make a YouTube account this weekend, the censored family guy footage will provide some context on that.