Author Topic: felix rex moves to Cairo  (Read 260146 times)

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Re: felix rex moves to Cairo
« Reply #2325 on: February 15, 2014, 10:55:41 AM »

Dozens, but most aren't loaded and are really old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cops in Paris carry machine guns. Seemed weird.

Yes. Was so weird in the airports.

Also, here is a photo gallery of Egyptian body builders with their mothers: http://www.worldpressphoto.org/awards/2014/staged-portraits/denis-dailleux?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: February 15, 2014, 11:02:26 AM »
I mean, what on earth? Why does this exist?

[attachment deleted by admin]
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: February 15, 2014, 11:49:04 AM »
Do they not have steroids in Egypt?

I highly doubt some of those puds even hit the gym more than twice a week.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: February 15, 2014, 02:21:32 PM »
Also not related to sys series on fauna:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: February 16, 2014, 12:17:58 AM »
This is the first in a series of pics devoted to sys documenting the fauna in my neighborhood.

that's a dog?  is he white with a tan face?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: February 16, 2014, 01:03:56 AM »
Yes. He is the pack leader of my block and has 3 buds that hang out with him all day.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: February 16, 2014, 01:33:02 AM »
Yes. He is the pack leader of my block and has 3 buds that hang out with him all day.

he looks and sounds like a bad ass.  i would try to make friends with him.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: February 19, 2014, 02:22:13 PM »
The US is like one of the only places WITHOUT men w/ machine guns in airports.  We're the weird ones.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: February 20, 2014, 07:03:59 AM »

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/02/16/world/africa/egypt-morsy-court/index.html?eref=edition

:lol:

Yeah. This is amazing. And Egyptians themselves are all "why can't you be a dignified deposed leader in a box like Mubarak? You're embarrassing us."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: February 20, 2014, 09:16:52 AM »
Our courtrooms here could use more penalty boxes.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: February 20, 2014, 09:20:52 AM »
With mute buttons.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: February 22, 2014, 07:08:56 AM »
Some Cairo night life:

Nile party boat and shisha cafés at the khan al khalili market place. And bumper cars. And Friday prayers, of course.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: February 24, 2014, 09:23:24 AM »
party barges are truly a universal joy

whats this about the government just quitting, is that meaningful, or is the army totally in control anyhow?

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: February 25, 2014, 12:28:59 AM »
The resignations caught everyone by surprise, but it's probably not a big deal. The PM and a few others were starting to catch a lot of criticism for a few key issues. This lets them be the scapegoat and gives Sisi a clean slate, I suppose. But who knows. Egypt is crazy. They also filed a lawsuit against Reuters for "propagandizing for a terrorist organization" and "threatening national security and harming the economy" after Reuters got duped by that fake Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis Twitter account and reported there was a "deadline" for tourists to leave Egypt. This is while they're accusing several Al Jazeera journalists of aiding a terrorist group (the MB) and "spreading false news".

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2340 on: February 25, 2014, 09:50:05 AM »
Is anyone in the U.S. talking about how the Egyptian military has cured AIDs? Because they announced that they cured AIDs. And also Hep C. Using a modified bomb detection device that works like a divining rod and points at the person who has one of the diseases (must have been an awkward day at the office when they discovered it). They also released a video of a general waiving it at some patient and saying "now you don't have AIDs." (It's  the C-Fast method that's been discussed for a few years, I think).

That same guy (the inventor) also used an awkward metaphor when describing the delivery system for the "cure," saying it was like they were giving the AIDs patients an AIDs kofta (the Arabic-style meatloaf featured in the infamous McArabia). That led to the "#AIDS_Kofta" being the leading social media trend in Egypt for the last two days. Also, the cafeteria at the embassy had kofta today. No one ate it.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: February 25, 2014, 09:56:10 AM »

are you a professional photographer? good grief that is very good

Offline signature move

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: February 25, 2014, 10:03:19 AM »
Is anyone in the U.S. talking about how the Egyptian military has cured AIDs? Because they announced that they cured AIDs. And also Hep C. Using a modified bomb detection device that works like a divining rod and points at the person who has one of the diseases (must have been an awkward day at the office when they discovered it). They also released a video of a general waiving it at some patient and saying "now you don't have AIDs." (It's  the C-Fast method that's been discussed for a few years, I think).

That same guy (the inventor) also used an awkward metaphor when describing the delivery system for the "cure," saying it was like they were giving the AIDs patients an AIDs kofta (the Arabic-style meatloaf featured in the infamous McArabia). That led to the "#AIDS_Kofta" being the leading social media trend in Egypt for the last two days. Also, the cafeteria at the embassy had kofta today. No one ate it.

first off, holy crap, what. a. thread.

got all caught up in the last month, and it is fascinating.

anyways, i can only find 3 stories via google news search, and all from egypt: ahram online, al-arabiya, and what looks like an expat site, daily news egypt. (the last one gives some background on wild and crazy egyptian military "inventions": http://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2014/02/24/conmans-paradise/)

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: February 25, 2014, 10:05:44 AM »

Not that I have heard. They are awesome for having cured AIDS, tho!

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: February 25, 2014, 10:14:42 AM »

first off, holy crap, what. a. thread.

got all caught up in the last month, and it is fascinating.

anyways, i can only find 3 stories via google news search, and all from egypt: ahram online, al-arabiya, and what looks like an expat site, daily news egypt. (the last one gives some background on wild and crazy egyptian military "inventions": http://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2014/02/24/conmans-paradise/)

DNE is a pretty good English-language outlet for Egypt news. If you're interested, Mada Masr is probably the best, though. Not as much day-to-day stuff, but lots of good analysis of key issues.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: February 25, 2014, 12:49:20 PM »

Saw a guy do a divining rod thingy for doing utility locates last summer.  I called bullshit and waited for the actual utility locators to get there.  The guy was dead on in locating not just water, but power, cable, and phone.  He didn't tell me which were which, but where they were and he rough ridin' nailed it. 

I mean, curing AIDS and Hep C is awesome and all, but this guy located all four lines!!!!!!

Also, there is probably a fantastic Egyptian military joke going around after this about AIDS being "the bomb" or something.  Maybe that wouldn't translate?

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: February 25, 2014, 01:00:00 PM »

Saw a guy do a divining rod thingy for doing utility locates last summer.  I called bullshit and waited for the actual utility locators to get there.  The guy was dead on in locating not just water, but power, cable, and phone.  He didn't tell me which were which, but where they were and he rough ridin' nailed it. 

I mean, curing AIDS and Hep C is awesome and all, but this guy located all four lines!!!!!!

Also, there is probably a fantastic Egyptian military joke going around after this about AIDS being "the bomb" or something.  Maybe that wouldn't translate?
I can locate a water line with two welding rods. Not joking!

I had an uncle that basically was a boss at going around with his divining rod and telling people where to dig wells for well water on local farms.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: February 25, 2014, 01:04:21 PM »
Dobs, this guy used two old utility flags.  All rusted and stuff and bent at the ends.  He changed his shoes to some thin soled ones and said that ones with too much tread didn't work and gave me what sounded like extremely hippy-dippy reasoning about being electromagnetically in line with the Earth and nature to be able to locate things that didn't naturally belong there.  He shuffled his feet, said he was keeping as much contact with the ground as possible, and as he shuffled over the lines, the flags went from pointing straight out to pointing straight sideways. 

:surprised:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: February 27, 2014, 09:37:53 AM »

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: February 27, 2014, 10:23:24 AM »

I can locate a water line with two welding rods. Not joking!

I had an uncle that basically was a boss at going around with his divining rod and telling people where to dig wells for well water on local farms.

My wife's grandfather is a well witcher.  But he thinks people think he's crazy so he won't talk about it.  You gotta really get him riled up to get him talking.  Also he says there's way more water down there than scientists know, waaaaay more water.