Author Topic: crap I'm going to miss about Fats  (Read 48303 times)

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
Re: crap I'm going to miss about Fats
« Reply #200 on: March 05, 2012, 08:31:58 PM »

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 05, 2012, 09:30:18 PM »
I loved his posts. This site will never be the same without them.

:cry:

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 05, 2012, 09:33:13 PM »
 :D when he pulled this emoticon out.  Seriously would sit and laugh even though it was probably the stupidest thing, he had a way of bbs'ing.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 05, 2012, 09:37:46 PM »
I saw fatty on my birthday last year. halfway through our meeting he found out it was my birthday, dug into his pants pocket and took out his wallet. searched through it and found a chikfila punch card that had been punched up and was good for a free chiken sandwich at the student union chikfila. "here rick daris (fatty never once called me by my real name). I need to give you something for your birthday. I need to give you this."

Offline C_Manbeck

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 05, 2012, 10:07:49 PM »
I miss him. I never met him and I miss him. Loved everything about his posts. Enjoyed the remarkable craftsmanship of his videos. The way they were put together... He was an artist.

Reading all the stories over the past two days from those of you who knew him or even spent just a few minutes talking to him — man, what an incredibly brilliant and loyal person the world lost. There are really no words that can really do his life justice.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 05, 2012, 10:09:56 PM »
I saw fatty on my birthday last year. halfway through our meeting he found out it was my birthday, dug into his pants pocket and took out his wallet. searched through it and found a chikfila punch card that had been punched up and was good for a free chiken sandwich at the student union chikfila. "here rick daris (fatty never once called me by my real name). I need to give you something for your birthday. I need to give you this."

:lol:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 05, 2012, 10:31:52 PM »
"here rick daris (fatty never once called me by my real name).

Actually, one of the things that stuck out to me about him was at the OSU pak, he kept asking you and me what we should do for the next play. But everytime he talked to you, he'd say "What do you think we should do, rick daris." It was never Daris, or Rick, always Rick Daris. I would have laughed a lot if the game wasn't so intense.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 05, 2012, 10:35:05 PM »
532-DUNK

need backstory.

When there were mystrans rumors, he created a fake KSU directory search page that listed William Walker as a KSU student, and his phone number was 532-DUNK. He created a few fake websites that I remember putting on the phog because he was always banned. There was also one that looked like kstatesports.com announcing Huggins was going to be hired.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 10:44:03 PM by michigancat »

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 05, 2012, 10:40:06 PM »
omg thats awesome.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 06, 2012, 12:28:59 AM »
532-DUNK

need backstory.

When there were mystrans rumors, he created a fake KSU directory search page that listed William Walker as a KSU student, and his phone number was 532-DUNK. He created a few fake websites that I remember putting on the phog because he was always banned. There was also one that looked like kstatesports.com announcing Huggins was going to be hired.

YES, totally remember the Huggins thing.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 06, 2012, 01:01:50 AM »
Steve Dave. I read your post about fatty sending you random pics of airports to see if you could identify them and I LOL'd. Quintessential fatty move. I realize I'm no fatty but I found myself in an amazing airport last night that I had never been to and I was freaking out about it and I took this video for you. Watch it through once with the volume down so you don't hear me giving it away. Can you identify it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg9yNcRpIHc&feature=youtu.be

It was really great, and super trippy (not in a DIA kind of way), and the video is pretty good but it doesn't even do it justice. I mean it was a really really good airport feature and I hoped fatty got a chance to see it.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 01:04:36 AM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
crap I'm going to miss about Fats
« Reply #211 on: March 06, 2012, 01:05:14 AM »
Was pi'd hard by him on ksufans, after jumping ship from kstatefans.  It was stunning in how it came out of nowhere and with such fury.   At the time his avatar was Lisa Guerrero (sp?) and his tag line was "the very best"
I posted what I thought was some witty retort (it wasn't) and his follow-up was "Great job on the latest Catmatt video, guys!!!"

lol.  I'll never forget it. Was a sight to behold. 

Always loved his randomness, happy or angry. 
Looking back I was honestly never the same poster after that. 

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 06, 2012, 08:55:40 AM »
Really wish we had access to the ksufans database or whatever. Would love to go through all that stuff again.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 06, 2012, 08:57:27 AM »
Really wish we had access to the ksufans database or whatever. Would love to go through all that stuff again.

working on it

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 06, 2012, 09:08:57 AM »
Steve Dave. I read your post about fatty sending you random pics of airports to see if you could identify them and I LOL'd. Quintessential fatty move. I realize I'm no fatty but I found myself in an amazing airport last night that I had never been to and I was freaking out about it and I took this video for you. Watch it through once with the volume down so you don't hear me giving it away. Can you identify it?

It was really great, and super trippy (not in a DIA kind of way), and the video is pretty good but it doesn't even do it justice. I mean it was a really really good airport feature and I hoped fatty got a chance to see it.

Detroit?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 06, 2012, 09:19:50 AM »

working on it

Awesome  :thumbs:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 06, 2012, 09:25:18 AM »
Was pi'd hard by him on ksufans, after jumping ship from kstatefans.  It was stunning in how it came out of nowhere and with such fury.   At the time his avatar was Lisa Guerrero (sp?) and his tag line was "the very best"
I posted what I thought was some witty retort (it wasn't) and his follow-up was "Great job on the latest Catmatt video, guys!!!"

lol.  I'll never forget it. Was a sight to behold. 

Always loved his randomness, happy or angry. 
Looking back I was honestly never the same poster after that.

I think it was just assumed they had to beat the ksf out of you.

I cheated, but I enjoyed the narration.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 06, 2012, 09:56:33 AM »

can't get onto youtube from work, will check it out tonight  :thumbs:

Offline WildCatzPhreak

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 06, 2012, 11:38:59 AM »

working on it
This will only end poorly for me. :facepalm:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 06, 2012, 11:41:52 AM »

working on it
This will only end poorly for me. :facepalm:

Me too, I have a regret or two.   :frown:  But it is for the greater good.  'teve, how are you "working on it"?  Summit at Camp David with Bozs?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 06, 2012, 11:54:11 AM »
just saw on KUSports that Timmy posted it was cancer....is this confirmed?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 06, 2012, 11:54:43 AM »
good luck, i've offered TP up to THREE times the value of the site on twitter, he doesn't budge.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 06, 2012, 11:56:17 AM »
just saw on KUSports that Timmy posted it was cancer....is this confirmed?

no

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
crap I'm going to miss about Fats
« Reply #224 on: March 06, 2012, 11:59:44 AM »
The angry Mexican rides again...