Author Topic: Which current Qhatz Baller has best shot at NBA?  (Read 8144 times)

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
Re: Which current Qhatz Baller has best shot at NBA?
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2012, 09:27:54 PM »
If anyone on this team has a shot at the league  I think it is Shane.  Pretty crazy what Frank is doing with the talent that he has.

is this a joke?

Frank coaching up lesser talent or Shane in the league?

shane

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2012, 09:51:25 PM »
If anyone on this team has a shot at the league  I think it is Shane.  Pretty crazy what Frank is doing with the talent that he has.

is this a joke?

Frank coaching up lesser talent or Shane in the league?

shane

Freakishly tall and long with great vision, I don't think he will be an nba player but his size at his position makes him the only one that would look even remotely like a pro
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2012, 10:28:16 PM »
What's holding McGruds back? Size?

Nothing's holding Rodney back, his size and skill set are sufficient enough to be an NBA 2, frankly he just needs to get better.  I wouldn't be shocked to see Rod as a late pick next year if he continues to improve.

Rodney is pretty small and weak for an NBA 2 IMO. At least with his skillset. I would be shocked if he is a late round pick.

Agree to disagree, we both could name two dozen NBA 2s Rodney's size or smaller.  He's big enough not to be isolated on the post or elbow by most bigger 2s, problem is he isn't athletic enough to get around anyone else in the league.  His shot would be a driveway shooter, and he ain't that either.  Like I said he'd have to improve, I should have included the word everything at the end.

Yeah, it's kind of a chicken vs. the egg thing. We're on the same page. He's definitely big enough to be an NBA 2, but not unless he gets a hell of a lot better at to either creating his own shot or shooting lights out from deep. 

Really, it's kind of silly to say "so-and-so isn't big enough to play in the league". EVERYONE is tall enough - it's always a question of skill.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2012, 10:36:48 PM »
so true, michigan and makeit.  i have a buddy who worked in the front office of an unnamed NBA franchise out of los angeles.  he told me they had a guy on their roster that was so short, he was invisible to the naked eye.  no one knew he even existed, except for a few of us that were considered part of the inner circle.  hard to believe someone that small could make it in the nba but he's living proof.  where there's a will, there's a way, that's what i always say.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Berries and Cream

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2012, 10:41:42 PM »
I know it's respected, but I have a horrible feeling Rod is going to be one of those leave early, don't get drafted guys.  :ohno:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2012, 10:42:37 PM »
so true, michigan and makeit.  i have a buddy who worked in the front office of an unnamed NBA franchise out of los angeles.  he told me they had a guy on their roster that was so short, he was invisible to the naked eye.  no one knew he even existed, except for a few of us that were considered part of the inner circle.  hard to believe someone that small could make it in the nba but he's living proof.  where there's a will, there's a way, that's what i always say.

bet that dude could ball.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2012, 10:44:10 PM »
he could ball, that's why he made it to the nba despite sizable odds against him...  :lol: 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2012, 10:44:40 PM »
I know it's respected, but I have a horrible feeling Rod is going to be one of those leave early, don't get drafted guys.  :ohno:

I don't think you know just how respected it is.

Offline Berries and Cream

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2012, 10:45:43 PM »

I don't think you know just how respected it is.

No, I do.

Offline JKEYS

• Combo-Fan
  • Winner of the 2013 Ed's NCAA Challenge (RESPECT!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2012, 11:06:04 PM »
JO could easily have a very long career in the NBA.  He is still a work in progress, but shows touch shooting a midrange J and at the FT stripe.  His slender frame is a drawback, his hands are poor and he's not exactly a deft passer...but the shotblocking ability is a potential draw.  Needs to show he can rebound consistently next year IMO.  Also, maybe not drafted, but could still have the longest career.

Rodney can't create his own shot.  But hey, neither could Cariter Martin and he got his cup of tea with a few teams.  Rodney is a solid defender and sneaky rebounder as well.  Not probable, but possible depending on improvement next year.
Kansas City SEO consulting.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2012, 11:38:44 PM »
JO is a work in progress wrapping up his junior year, he turns 23 at the beginning of the next school year.  NBA executives don't make a practice of using picks on 24 year olds who have played 4 years of college basketball that are projects.  He will need to make a huge jump this summer, some of you need to lose the NFL draft philosophy.  The NBA has two rounds if these dude want to keep their jobs they can't make a habit of throwing picks away.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2012, 11:44:49 PM »
#TeamAngel
size
J.J. Barea
I could see him making himself a nice niche as a 15-20 minute pg. The key in my opinion is slashing and distributing inside the paint.  I'm thinking JJ's coming out party in the finals and Angel's lob to JO @ Mizzou are where he is and where he needs to go.  He just needs to keep developing. 

According to stats he is 1" shorter and 5lbs heavier.  Now who knows, hes still you.  Guys don't usually stop maturing till their early mid 20s. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Which current Qhatz Baller has best shot at NBA?
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2012, 11:49:01 PM »
Rodney can't create his own shot.  But hey, neither could Cariter Martin and he got his cup of tea with a few teams.  Rodney is a solid defender and sneaky rebounder as well.  Not probable, but possible depending on improvement next year.

Cartier is 3 inches taller and was a better shooter.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Which current Qhatz Baller has best shot at NBA?
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2012, 08:23:17 AM »

Cartier is 3 inches taller and was a better shooter.

This.

Guys, nobody on this team will play a minute in the league. I think everyone should be completely OK with that, also. Enjoy the ride bros

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2012, 09:07:57 AM »
JO would get effing destroyed by nba big guys.  lmfao

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2012, 09:16:11 AM »
JO could easily have a very long career in the NBA.  He is still a work in progress, but shows touch shooting a midrange J and at the FT stripe.  His slender frame is a drawback, his hands are poor and he's not exactly a deft passer...but the shotblocking ability is a potential draw.  Needs to show he can rebound consistently next year IMO.  Also, maybe not drafted, but could still have the longest career.

JO would not get the blocks he is getting now in the League.  Guys like Cousins, Howard, Nene hell, even Noah take it up much stronger than fairies like Withey and Robinson.  I love what JO gives us in confernece play and he got so far in MU's head on Tuesday night they wouldn't come inside - poor Flip almost bugged his ugly ferret face out after a block - but the match ups he would see in the league are just too much.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2012, 09:17:51 AM »
We have good college basketball players, but not quite NBA guys right now. We all know what Pullen did, and he didn't even get drafted.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2012, 09:18:11 AM »

Not saying they have the best shot, but I think both are decent comparos.  Gipson needs to build some muscle and gain some athleticism but he has a wide body and is pretty skilled.  Rodney is a bit shorter and a lot stronger than Hamilton but both have similar games.  Both have solid NBA midrange games, and with Frank's comments about Rodney being a repetition guy the long NBA schedule would be good for him.

A Rodney to Rip Hamilton comparo is a great way to out yourself as an idiot.  'grats

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2012, 09:21:31 AM »
I am not afraid to say that a totally healthy Rod has a comparable game to Rip.

Let's see what he does next year with a older PG and an offense that he is the undisputed go to guy on.  When Rod is on and attacking he is pretty freaking good.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2012, 11:30:25 AM »
I am not afraid to say that a totally healthy Rod has a comparable game to Rip.

Let's see what he does next year with a older PG and an offense that he is the undisputed go to guy on.  When Rod is on and attacking he is pretty freaking good.

Thank you. Not saying he is as good as Rip, just that the capable range opens up a pretty impressive mid-range game and both players are seemingly tireless offensively.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2012, 11:34:23 AM »
Question was "Who has best chance?".  Answer is JO. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2012, 11:38:14 AM »
Rodney developed his perimeter ball handling and his drive pretty well this past off season.  He seems like a very serious d00d.  Given another off season, and the freedom that Frank likes to give to senior leaders, it could be remarkable what Rodney becomes his Sr year.

This is in no way meant to say that he will go to the NBA.

Offline JKEYS

• Combo-Fan
  • Winner of the 2013 Ed's NCAA Challenge (RESPECT!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2012, 11:43:00 AM »
Question was "Who has best chance?".  Answer is JO. 

This. 

As noted, likely not drafted but could still have a long career.  Agreed his strength is an issue and understood he's already "old" but he has the wingspan and a little touch.  Of all the current players, he still has the best shot IMO.

Not sure Cartier being 3 inches taller really matters that much, Rod is still a superior defender and rebounder IMO.  Rod still has a year to blossom as well.  Would be the second most likely option.
Kansas City SEO consulting.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2012, 01:46:42 PM »
We have good college basketball players, but not quite NBA guys right now. We all know what Pullen did, and he didn't even get drafted.

Is it safe to say Frank is the only coach in the top 6 of this league without a legit NBA prospect?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2012, 01:51:10 PM »

Is it safe to say Frank is the only coach in the top 6 of this league without a legit NBA prospect?

You could probably say the Top 7. (OSU - Nash)