Author Topic: Always close (Baylor adv stats part 2)  (Read 3561 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Always close (Baylor adv stats part 2)
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2012, 09:00:32 PM »
i don't understand the lack of minutes for tay considering Will's absolute dogshit play during conference.  
Injury

Am guessing Diaz was either injured or taking the first step towards being full on Frank'd (?)
bad week of practice I'm sure. Frank'd?  :dubious:

catzacker

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2012, 09:00:56 PM »
i don't understand the lack of minutes for tay considering Will's absolute dogshit play during conference.  
Injury

for reals?

Will cant hit a shot, but Frank still loves him.

it's mind blowing in conf.  27% from the field, 28% from 3.  a pedestrian 1.5 A/T.  I've never seen a player make me want clent stewart.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2012, 09:01:56 PM »
Diaz will not get franked. I am willing to bet a Benjamin on this.

Offline theswo

• Combo-Fan
  • Keep shooting, Gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2012, 09:04:50 PM »
Injury

for reals?

Yes. Ankle injury.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2012, 09:06:00 PM »
Injury

for reals?

Yes. Ankle injury.

well, good to know.  because he played like crap.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline JKEYS

• Combo-Fan
  • Winner of the 2013 Ed's NCAA Challenge (RESPECT!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2012, 09:15:45 PM »
Injury

Am guessing Diaz was either injured or taking the first step towards being full on Frank'd (?)
bad week of practice I'm sure. Frank'd?  :dubious:

I can understand minutes being sparse if practice was bad but no PT at all?  Against the longest team in the league?  Odd to me.  Hey, it's a  "W" so all good in da hood Frank!  :driving:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 09:18:39 PM by JKEYS »
Kansas City SEO consulting.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2012, 09:19:39 PM »
I can understand minutes being sparse if practice was bad but no PT at all?  Against the longest team in the leage?  Odd to me.  Hey, it's a  "W" so all good in da hood Frank!  :driving:

i think diaz was more a case for michigancat's point.  jhr played well, martin stayed with him.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2012, 10:21:57 PM »
Stattards need to come up with a way to quantify STOPPING THE DAMN BALL.  We kept Pierre in check and gave ourselves a chance in the end.  Its really not that hard to understand.

Points per possession is the best measure in basketball. If you don't stop the ball this number will probably be bad. This isn't hard.

Why don't you just wait till the game is over and look at the scoreboard, alot of leagues settle it that way.

One of the major purposes of BBSing about the games is discussion with others that share your fanaticism about your team. Talking about strengths and weaknesses and then defending or extrapolating on those points with rational discussion makes it better. Being able to discuss with valid advanced statistical metrics is one of the things I and many other posters here like as well. It doesn't sound much fun to come on and say "yeah, the scoreboard says we won." if you don't care to join don't respond with meaningless comments or pick another message board, again this isn't hard.

LOL, lighten up, just making fun of the fact that you said points per poss.  was best measure in basketball, just seems to me to not be that different than the scoreboard.  Statistics are fine but the reason why the numbers are what they are is much more interesting to me.  Well, that and reading Michigancats posts because he knows alot, and he's kinda mean in a super edgey kinda way.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2012, 10:26:56 PM »
Stattards need to come up with a way to quantify STOPPING THE DAMN BALL.  We kept Pierre in check and gave ourselves a chance in the end.  Its really not that hard to understand.

Points per possession is the best measure in basketball. If you don't stop the ball this number will probably be bad. This isn't hard.

Why don't you just wait till the game is over and look at the scoreboard, alot of leagues settle it that way.

One of the major purposes of BBSing about the games is discussion with others that share your fanaticism about your team. Talking about strengths and weaknesses and then defending or extrapolating on those points with rational discussion makes it better. Being able to discuss with valid advanced statistical metrics is one of the things I and many other posters here like as well. It doesn't sound much fun to come on and say "yeah, the scoreboard says we won." if you don't care to join don't respond with meaningless comments or pick another message board, again this isn't hard.

LOL, lighten up, just making fun of the fact that you said points per poss.  was best measure in basketball, just seems to me to not be that different than the scoreboard.  Statistics are fine but the reason why the numbers are what they are is much more interesting to me.  Well, that and reading Michigancats posts because he knows alot, and he's kinda mean in a super edgey kinda way.

Gotcha. To me scoreboard just tells me a score, it's not until I see PPP that I can really tell how well or poorly we played on both sides of the ball. Then other stats like the 4 factors tell me why they are what they are along with seeing the game played out. Lots of times what you think you see while watching just isn't accurate.