Author Topic: Big Apple here we come!  (Read 19603 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Big Apple here we come!
« on: March 09, 2010, 10:09:41 AM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Big Apple here we come!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 10:11:00 AM »
LMAO @ thinking we'll go to a bowl!

:lol:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 10:16:17 AM »
LMAO @ thinking we'll go to a bowl!

:lol:

:crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 10:33:55 AM »
An excuse to go to NYC is very cool, but do you really want to go to some lousy bowl game once there?  Kinda lame.  I guess maybe I'm asking the wrong crowd here.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 10:39:44 AM »
An excuse to go to NYC is very cool, but do you really want to go to some lousy bowl game once there?  Kinda lame.  I guess maybe I'm asking the wrong crowd here.

dude its nyc. yes.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 11:16:51 AM »

NYCPak hosted by GOSP will be terribly elite.  Will make up for having to go to the bowl.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 11:18:51 AM »
Hope to see this played regularly at every home game:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 11:28:31 AM »
Can you even freakin' imagine the number of Little Apple/Big Apple Manhattan/Manhattan jokes!?!?!?!?!?  :surprised:

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 11:32:20 AM »
Can you even freakin' imagine the number of Little Apple/Big Apple Manhattan/Manhattan jokes!?!?!?!?!?  :surprised:

I'm going to go back and forth between calling it MHKcopycat.com and pointing at stuff and yelling "AIN'T NO WHEAT!".

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 12:06:44 PM »
I'm going to go back and forth between calling it MHKcopycat.com and pointing at stuff and yelling "AIN'T NO WHEAT!".

omg, lol.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 12:10:39 PM »
Can you even freakin' imagine the number of Little Apple/Big Apple Manhattan/Manhattan jokes!?!?!?!?!?

I had dinner on Sunday night with a friend's family on the Upper East Side, and the parents literally couldn't believe I was from Manhattan, Kansas.  Yeah, I don't think I'm very good at faking being amused when I hear a joke I don't think is funny anymore.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 12:32:53 PM »
Can you even freakin' imagine the number of Little Apple/Big Apple Manhattan/Manhattan jokes!?!?!?!?!?

I had dinner on Sunday night with a friend's family on the Upper East Side, and the parents literally couldn't believe I was from Manhattan, Kansas.  Yeah, I don't think I'm very good at faking being amused when I hear a joke I don't think is funny anymore.

You'd better start assembling your list of Pak' locations now....SD is going to be on you like stink on a monkey.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 12:34:39 PM »

Yeah, seems like the elderly up there eat that crap up. Then you tell them our adorable nickname and they're baking you some cookies.

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 12:48:12 PM »

Yeah, seems like the elderly up there eat that crap up. Then you tell them our adorable nickname and they're baking you some cookies.

OK, speaking of elderly, the great aunt was also at dinner, and she must've told me six times that she used to go swimming after work at a hotel pool in downtown Brooklyn in the 1940s.  Did I know which hotel that was?  No, I do not know which damn hotel that was.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2010, 01:07:13 PM »

I had dinner on Sunday night with a friend's family on the Upper East Side, and the parents literally couldn't believe I was from Manhattan, Kansas.  Yeah, I don't think I'm very good at faking being amused when I hear a joke I don't think is funny anymore.

OK, speaking of elderly, the great aunt was also at dinner, and she must've told me six times that she used to go swimming after work at a hotel pool in downtown Brooklyn in the 1940s.  Did I know which hotel that was?  No, I do not know which damn hotel that was.

I flew right over the Little Apple -> Big Apple reference and went straight for the Michael J. Fox 'Secret of My Success' gem in my first phone interview.  

PMoscow = Bhyaaaaa!, btw.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 01:24:06 PM »

Lived at the Ardsley in Manhattan (CPW and 79th ish) for a summer so I know your pain.

If I go I will be hanging with my elite Upper Westside buddies and yelling "Ain't no Keats!"

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 05:57:59 PM »

I had dinner on Sunday night with a friend's family on the Upper East Side, and the parents literally couldn't believe I was from Manhattan, Kansas.  Yeah, I don't think I'm very good at faking being amused when I hear a joke I don't think is funny anymore.

OK, speaking of elderly, the great aunt was also at dinner, and she must've told me six times that she used to go swimming after work at a hotel pool in downtown Brooklyn in the 1940s.  Did I know which hotel that was?  No, I do not know which damn hotel that was.

I flew right over the Little Apple -> Big Apple reference and went straight for the Michael J. Fox 'Secret of My Success' gem in my first phone interview.  

PMoscow = Bhyaaaaa!, btw.

kinda makes it hard to keep my NYC bros straight when some of them go around changing their usernames all the time!

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 06:20:14 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 06:42:42 PM »
There's a similar thread to this on CycloneFanatic.

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/football/84179-could-isu-playing-ny-december.html

You can tell those dumbasses that it's spoken for

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2010, 06:58:42 PM »

i don't even try on the toto/dorothy type jokes anymore. me-"oh.... wizard of oz huh? very original. very good one. timing was decent. maybe think about firing your team of writers and coming up w/ some new material though. whole new staff type stuff. yawn. yawn. zzzzz"

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2010, 08:48:28 PM »
Warm up your Lou Gehrig's diseases mother frackers!!!!

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2010, 08:54:36 PM »
Warm up your Lou Gehrig's diseases mother frackers!!!!

:jerk:

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2010, 12:39:23 AM »
FYI NYC is WAY over rated. Plus the city in winter time sucks major balls just like the bowl

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2010, 12:41:23 AM »
i'm w/ the anti-nycites. i mean, where is the beach and nice weather? oh....there isn't that. oh. ok. :clack:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2010, 07:15:49 AM »
FYI NYC is WAY over rated.

What in god's name are you talking about?