Author Topic: ...OU got blown out by Tech?  (Read 7823 times)

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
...OU got blown out by Tech?
« on: February 11, 2012, 09:13:55 PM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

catzacker

Re: ...OU got blown out by Tech?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 09:14:51 PM »
it was only January, kougs.

Offline JKEYS

• Combo-Fan
  • Winner of the 2013 Ed's NCAA Challenge (RESPECT!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 09:24:22 PM »
:dubious:
Kansas City SEO consulting.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 09:37:14 PM »
Matchup problem, but Lewandowski can do that to a lot of teams

16 and 6 for Robert, 33% from floor for Sooners, Pledger had 4.

:dubious:

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 10:58:59 PM »

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 11:06:22 PM »
am not happy to see this. eff.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 11:20:26 PM »
you lose to bad teams when you're not talented. hence, k-state lost to ou twice.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 01:59:56 AM »
I guess I don't understand how OU losing to TT makes out OU losses worse?  I don't recall the congratulatory posts after Mizzou won at Baylor or OSU beat Mizzou :dunno:  Pretty sure over the course of conference play this stuff tends to even out.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 07:43:52 AM »
I guess I don't understand how OU losing to TT makes out OU losses worse?  I don't recall the congratulatory posts after Mizzou won at Baylor or OSU beat Mizzou :dunno:  Pretty sure over the course of conference play this stuff tends to even out.

MIR, come on. OU's RPI is now pushing triple digits. It won't be THE thing that costs us, but its looking more likely we will have lost 2 games to a team that won 5 total league games, will probably finish about .500 overall, and be an NIT bubble team. That's two BAD losses on our resume. You really don't think that matters?

Right now we've got a really good win vs MU and decent wins vs UT and Alabama. Long Beach is a good win too, but we haven't exactly loaded up on good wins. I know the bubble is weak and all that, but those OU losses are bad losses. MUCH worse than CU last year.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 09:59:15 AM »

MIR, come on. OU's RPI is now pushing triple digits. It won't be THE thing that costs us, but its looking more likely we will have lost 2 games to a team that won 5 total league games, will probably finish about .500 overall, and be an NIT bubble team. That's two BAD losses on our resume. You really don't think that matters?

Right now we've got a really good win vs MU and decent wins vs UT and Alabama. Long Beach is a good win too, but we haven't exactly loaded up on good wins. I know the bubble is weak and all that, but those OU losses are bad losses. MUCH worse than CU last year.

I didn't say the losses to OU didn't matter, that wasn't my point at all.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 11:22:30 AM »
we are lon's super bowl, plain and simple.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 05:04:48 PM »

_FAN addressed your point. He was saying it matters that OU lost this game because it pushes them closer to "bad loss" territory, which would mean we go from 0 bad losses to 2 overnight.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 05:19:53 PM »

_FAN addressed your point. He was saying it matters that OU lost this game because it pushes them closer to "bad loss" territory, which would mean we go from 0 bad losses to 2 overnight.

That's common sense and not my point, thanks though.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 05:34:40 PM »
What is your point then?  Because I understand theirs that OU losing to TT effects us.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 11:08:34 PM »
Not sure if this was already brought up, but much like OU was KSU's CU this year. TTU is obviously OU's CU.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2012, 09:53:13 AM »
What is your point then?  Because I understand theirs that OU losing to TT effects us.

:users:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 10:21:18 AM »

Missed that post.

It doesn't.  All bubble teams have bad losses, at the time the game was played we knew the OU losses weren't good.  What the hell was going to happen to make those losses feel better?  Frankly tracking the losses of the non bubble teams you lost to is just another lbbiq way to bitch about your season.  The OU losses were bullshit what they did in an empty gum in Lubbock doesn't change that at all.

Quality wins are much more important.  I've never heard the committee hold a team out because of bad losses, if they did mid-majors would never get ar-large bids.  You think Creighton isn't getting in?  Its always lack of quality wins that keep bubble teams with RPIs in the 50s and subsequently out of the tournament.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 11:18:12 AM »

Missed that post.

It doesn't.  All bubble teams have bad losses, at the time the game was played we knew the OU losses weren't good.  What the hell was going to happen to make those losses feel better?  Frankly tracking the losses of the non bubble teams you lost to is just another lbbiq way to bitch about your season.  The OU losses were bullshit what they did in an empty gum in Lubbock doesn't change that at all.

Quality wins are much more important.  I've never heard the committee hold a team out because of bad losses, if they did mid-majors would never get ar-large bids.  You think Creighton isn't getting in?  Its always lack of quality wins that keep bubble teams with RPIs in the 50s and subsequently out of the tournament.

The Tech loss pushed OU's RPI over 100 depending on where you look. You don't think it could possibly make a difference having 2 losses to RPI 100+ teams as opposed to 0? M'kay.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2012, 11:21:47 AM »
simply playing tech had more effect on OU's RPI than the actual outcome. I agree it would be great if they can stay in the top 100, though.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2012, 11:27:34 AM »

Missed that post.

The Tech loss pushed OU's RPI over 100 depending on where you look. You don't think it could possibly make a difference having 2 losses to RPI 100+ teams as opposed to 0? M'kay.

Pretty sure I just addressed this.  As far as our RPI, it makes nary a damn of a difference if OU is 94 or 102 in the RPI.  OUs RPI movement at this point has a scant effect on KSUs RPI.  If you're absolutely sure that the committee gives weight to bad losses tell me the true bubble team with no bad losses.  You are a bubble team because you've lost games you shouldn't have.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2012, 11:29:28 AM »
I'll put it another way.  If OU beat Mizzou last Monday would it have made you feel better about our losses to them?  It shouldn't.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2012, 11:33:28 AM »
Pretty sure I just addressed this.  As far as our RPI, it makes nary a damn of a difference if OU is 94 or 102 in the RPI.  OUs RPI movement at this point has a scant effect on KSUs RPI.  If you're absolutely sure that the committee gives weight to bad losses tell me the true bubble team with no bad losses.  You are a bubble team because you've lost games you shouldn't have.

You're right that it won't affect our RPI, but the committee doesn't look at our RPI - they only use RPI to compare schedules.They look at records vs. top 50, top 100, and 100+, but don't actually look at what our RPI is when determining whether or not we get in. Two 100+ RPI losses will definitely look a lot worse to the committee than zero.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2012, 11:40:27 AM »

You're right that it won't affect our RPI, but the committee doesn't look at our RPI - they only use RPI to compare schedules.They look at records vs. top 50, top 100, and 100+, but don't actually look at what our RPI is when determining whether or not we get in. Two 100+ RPI losses will definitely look a lot worse to the committee than zero.

Yes, that was my point too.

And I agree with MIR's point about quality wins, which we don't have a lot of either (right now), so those bad losses to OU are even worse. Especially to lose to them at home.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2012, 11:47:14 AM »

And I agree with MIR's point about quality wins, which we don't have a lot of either (right now), so those bad losses to OU are even worse. Especially to lose to them at home.

Here's a quick breakdown of B12 bubble teams (as it stands today):

ISU:
RPI 1-50         2-4   0.333
RPI 51-100       1-1   0.5
RPI 101-150      4-2   0.667
RPI 151-200      5-0   1.0
RPI 200+         6-0   1.0

KSU:
RPI 1-50      4-5   0.444
RPI 51-100    1-0   1.0
RPI 101-150   1-2   0.333
RPI 151-200   5-0   1.0
RPI 200+      6-0   1.0

UT:
Top 25        0-5   0.0
RPI 1-50      2-7   0.222
RPI 51-100    1-1   0.5
RPI 101-150   3-1   0.75
RPI 151-200   5-0   1.0
RPI 200+      5-0   1.0

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2012, 11:50:38 AM »

Here's a quick breakdown of B12 bubble teams (as it stands today):

ISU:
RPI 1-50         2-4   0.333
RPI 51-100       1-1   0.5
RPI 101-150      4-2   0.667
RPI 151-200      5-0   1.0
RPI 200+         6-0   1.0

KSU:
RPI 1-50      4-5   0.444
RPI 51-100    1-0   1.0
RPI 101-150   1-2   0.333
RPI 151-200   5-0   1.0
RPI 200+      6-0   1.0

UT:
Top 25        0-5   0.0
RPI 1-50      2-7   0.222
RPI 51-100    1-1   0.5
RPI 101-150   3-1   0.75
RPI 151-200   5-0   1.0
RPI 200+      5-0   1.0

That makes me feel better. I need to do a chart of around RPI #30-60 to get a better feel overall.