Author Topic: Would you play for Frank?  (Read 6655 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Would you play for Frank?
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2012, 02:00:49 PM »
And Stanford too. Man i'd love to be in the same town as that hott ass girl from social netwrok. Her face was gross, but everything else  :thumbs:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2012, 02:02:18 PM »
I'd love to go out checking oil with him.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Would you play for Frank?
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2012, 02:25:39 PM »
I'm not saying these are semi's thoughts, because I think he and his family truly do value academics a lot. If you're a highly talented high school athlete would you go play for a coach that it's going to publicly humiliate you on TV in front of your family, friends, and girls you're trying to get with (the players always make mistakes when frank yells at them, frank just handles it a much more public fashion than most coaches) or go some where that, sure the coaches will yell at you and call you a tard but it will be done in the privacy of practice. I just think there are a lot of kids out there that don't like being humiliated on national TV even if the coach has their best interest at heart.
I'm purple down

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2012, 02:28:26 PM »
Always thought it was weird Vic played for Frank in the first place.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2012, 02:30:26 PM »
The OJ's are very religious.  I would imagine that Frank calling Vic and every other player on the team rough ridin' assholes as loud as he can yell it in front of 12k people in the arena and however many are watching on tv including, like, grandma and cousins and aunts and uncles and friends from church and junk isn't helping our cause any.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2012, 02:43:40 PM »
The OJ's are very religious.  I would imagine that Frank calling Vic and every other player on the team rough ridin' assholes as loud as he can yell it in front of 12k people in the arena and however many are watching on tv including, like, grandma and cousins and aunts and uncles and friends from church and junk isn't helping our cause any.

I think the players just need to stop being rough ridin' assholes

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2012, 03:02:08 PM »

We'd like to thank John from St. Mary's for calling in tonight.                               Anyway, we're here with coach at Carlos O'Kelly's.....

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2012, 03:06:57 PM »

We'd like to thank John from St. Mary's for calling in tonight.                               Anyway, we're here with coach at Carlos O'Kelly's.....

Absolutely oustanding 1970th post!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2012, 03:11:56 PM »

:lol: :thumbs:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2012, 03:13:03 PM »
Better question may be could you play for Frank? Thinking about Semi and his upcoming decision, I was wondering why he wouldn't come here. I have to believe there's a correlation to 4 and 5 star talent and their ability to play constant defense.

Yes, assuming I were good enough, I would play for Frank. I'd just laugh at the possibility of getting Franked and then joining you at the Lou after practice.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2012, 03:27:39 PM »

Lon would never act this way.

He would be a coach we could be proud to call our own.

Then we could call Semi our own. He would be our/Lon's next Steve Henson.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2012, 03:33:06 PM »
The OJ's are very religious.  I would imagine that Frank calling Vic and every other player on the team rough ridin' assholes as loud as he can yell it in front of 12k people in the arena and however many are watching on tv including, like, grandma and cousins and aunts and uncles and friends from church and junk isn't helping our cause any.

Lon would never act this way.

He would be a coach we could be proud to call our own.

Then we could call Semi our own. He would be our/Lon's next Steve Henson.
Are you saying that Vic=Brian and Semi= Steve? It is reversed? OMG, GET SEMI! :ksu: :emawkid:

EDIT: = not + (I am just too  :excited: after having found out that Semi = Steve)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 03:35:14 PM by dobber »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2012, 03:35:34 PM »
We better Tony Mitchell the crap out of him if he tries to go to MU.

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2012, 03:37:04 PM »
No way I would play for Frank...  He prides himself on taking all these 2 and 3 * recruits and coaching them up to almost being good enough to play in the NBA.  Anyone that doesn't want to come in sucking and finish whipped and beaten and not  so sucking can GTFO in Frank's eyes...

Personally, I'm to effing good to take that kind of abuse.  I think I would take my talents to Washburn and almost be good enough there....

catzacker

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2012, 03:44:35 PM »
We better Tony Mitchell the crap out of him if he tries to go to MU.

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

semi's mom:  that child was birthed from the place where babies come from.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2012, 03:45:36 PM »
No way I would play for Frank...  He prides himself on taking all these 2 and 3 * recruits and coaching them up to almost being good enough to play in the NBA.  Anyone that doesn't want to come in sucking and finish whipped and beaten and not  so sucking can GTFO in Frank's eyes...

Personally, I'm to effing good to take that kind of abuse.  I think I would take my talents to Washburn and almost be good enough there....

Come on down! Go Bods!

I'm on the fence with whether or not I could play for Frank. I know I "could." I would have to be a part of the team to really know if I could take it or not. If I felt like his yelling and punishments were warranted base upon my effort or lack thereof, then I'd be ok with it. However, if I busted my ass, played as hard as I could, and tried not to make mistakes, etc and he still Franked me around a lot. I wouldn't be a fan of that. I guess it would depend upon his expectations for me, if they were realistic and I felt by maximizing my effort and dedication, I could attain them. Great. I'd play for Frank. If I thought he was crazy with his expectations and I was set up to fail, I couldn't take that.

It all boils down to if I felt I was in control of my treatment by Frank.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2012, 03:53:59 PM »

Come on down! Go Bods!

I'm on the fence with whether or not I could play for Frank. I know I "could." I would have to be a part of the team to really know if I could take it or not. If I felt like his yelling and punishments were warranted base upon my effort or lack thereof, then I'd be ok with it. However, if I busted my ass, played as hard as I could, and tried not to make mistakes, etc and he still Franked me around a lot. I wouldn't be a fan of that. I guess it would depend upon his expectations for me, if they were realistic and I felt by maximizing my effort and dedication, I could attain them. Great. I'd play for Frank. If I thought he was crazy with his expectations and I was set up to fail, I couldn't take that.

Long way to say, "No."

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2012, 04:02:43 PM »
No way I would play for Frank...  He prides himself on taking all these 2 and 3 * recruits and coaching them up to almost being good enough to play in the NBA.  Anyone that doesn't want to come in sucking and finish whipped and beaten and not  so sucking can GTFO in Frank's eyes...

Personally, I'm to effing good to take that kind of abuse.  I think I would take my talents to Washburn and almost be good enough there....

Come on down! Go Bods!

Long way to say, "No."

Wanting to believe that he has realistic expectations is really the only thing that can keep me in Franks corner. If I ever lose that, the simple he's better than Wooly and Asbury will not sustain me.

Edit: My HS coach was a lot like Frank. Not as explosive, but would yell at you for making mistakes and run you in practice. If you paid attention in practice and translated it to the games. Followed the scouting report and did your job, you didn't get yelled at as much or punished. As long as you accepted the coaching and trying to incorporate it into your play, you were fine. A year after I graduated the school board voted to fire him because they said his style of coaching wasn't suited for HS athletics. If you walk into the gym, 2/3 of all athletic achievements resulting in banners were won by him and the boys basketball team. And they fired him because they thought he was too hard on their sons. I assume Frank is similar to this.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 04:13:10 PM by Sundance_Kid »

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2012, 04:12:28 PM »

Come on down! Go Bods!

Long way to say, "No."

Wanting to believe that he has realistic expectations is really the only thing that can keep me in Franks corner. If I ever lose that, the simple he's better than Wooly and Asbury will not sustain me.

Good point. I don't think Dom felt like he was in control of his expectations. In his mind, he wanted to do more, but wasn't allowed to.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2012, 04:22:02 PM »
Depends on my other offers.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2012, 09:00:42 PM »
it doesn't matter who you don't get, it matters who you get.  semi's an ojeleye anyways.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2012, 11:56:49 PM »
Thinking about Semi and his upcoming decision, I was wondering why he wouldn't come here.

Because Harvard wants him.  Anyone presented the choice to begin their adult life by earning a degree from either Harvard or Kansas State is a monumental rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) if they choose Kansas State.  Semi, at least reportedly, isn't a monumental rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) thus he won't be playing at Kansas State.

Energy?

rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) apparently. 

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2012, 07:31:09 AM »
Thinking about Semi and his upcoming decision, I was wondering why he wouldn't come here.

Because Harvard wants him.  Anyone presented the choice to begin their adult life by earning a degree from either Harvard or Kansas State is a monumental rough ridin' respect if they choose Kansas State.  Semi, at least reportedly, isn't a monumental rough ridin' respect thus he won't be playing at Kansas State.

Curry Sexton did this.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2012, 08:26:06 AM »

Because Harvard wants him.  Anyone presented the choice to begin their adult life by earning a degree from either Harvard or Kansas State is a monumental rough ridin' respect if they choose Kansas State.  Semi, at least reportedly, isn't a monumental rough ridin' respect thus he won't be playing at Kansas State.

Curry Sexton did this.
Chris Merriweather

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2012, 09:56:20 AM »

Curry Sexton did this.
Chris Merriweather

Energy?
rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) apparently.