Author Topic: Would you play for Frank?  (Read 6661 times)

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Would you play for Frank?
« on: February 06, 2012, 12:22:05 PM »
Better question may be could you play for Frank? Thinking about Semi and his upcoming decision, I was wondering why he wouldn't come here. I have to believe there's a correlation to 4 and 5 star talent and their ability to play constant defense.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
elitist since 1994

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Would you play for Frank?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 12:25:30 PM »
Better question may be could you play for Frank? Thinking about Semi and his upcoming decision, I was wondering why he wouldn't come here. I have to believe there's a correlation to 4 and 5 star talent and their ability to play constant defense.

you're an idiot

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 12:27:26 PM »

you're an idiot

why?
elitist since 1994

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 12:28:47 PM »
4 and 5 stars play defense, and aren't scared of playing defense, and you're making a dumb excuse for our coaches failing to land a high-profile local recruit that KU doesn't seem interested in.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 12:29:01 PM »
sorry, idiot was probably harsh.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 12:30:36 PM »
I think I could now, at least mentally, because I'm older.  I probably couldn't have coming out of high school.  I had a problem with authority.  There would have been yelling matches and I probably would get Franked if I was any good.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 12:33:47 PM »
4 and 5 stars play defense, and aren't scared of playing defense, and you're making a dumb excuse for our coaches failing to land a high-profile local recruit that KU doesn't seem interested in.

I don't think they do, as a whole. As far as Frank's evaluations go. My question  pertains to our Coaches ability to identify top level talent who plays tough D, as well as a top level recruit wanting to play up to Frank's demands.

elitist since 1994

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 12:35:58 PM »
I don't think I would've either. I was a cherry picker who loved to get the easy lay ups. Don't get me wrong, I could play some great defense when I needed to.

If confronted, I would've rebelled and probably got drunk at the Lou after practice.
elitist since 1994

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 12:36:54 PM »
I'd love to play for a coach that was fiercely loyal, held me accountable, and did everything in his power to help promote me to the next level.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 12:39:31 PM »

I don't think they do, as a whole. As far as Frank's evaluations go. My question  pertains to our Coaches ability to identify top level talent who plays tough D, as well as a top level recruit wanting to play up to Frank's demands.

Self's teams have top 10 defenses every year. And a majority the Top 10 efficiency defenses are almost always from programs like Ohio St, Duke, NC, UT (etc.) that are full of 4/5 star kids. There is nothing to say 4/5 star kids don't play defense, in fact the numbers would show the opposite.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 12:41:40 PM »

I don't think they do, as a whole.

Why on earth would you think that? Self has had a top 10 defense for each of the last seven years. Because 4 and 5 star guys play defense.

My question  pertains to our Coaches ability to identify top level talent who plays tough D, as well as a top level recruit wanting to play up to Frank's demands.

Frank doesn't demand anything Bill Self won't. Frank just isn't a top level recruiter.

catzacker

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 12:46:24 PM »
Frank wanting kids to play defense is not an reason for Frank not landing elite kids.  Frank’s not landing elite kids because he and his staff aren’t that good of recruiters.  Semi is just another example of this.  Like, it’s a shining example of this if there ever was one. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 12:47:25 PM »
YES, but i'm also not a pussy, so there's that and stuff.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 12:47:45 PM »
Frank wanting kids to play defense is not an reason for Frank not landing elite kids.  Frank’s not landing elite kids because he and his staff aren’t that good of recruiters.  Semi is just another example of this.  Like, it’s a shining example of this if there ever was one.  

Semi is an absolutely terrible whiff. Any excuses for missing this kid are pure bullshit.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 12:50:00 PM »
Frank wanting kids to play defense is not an reason for Frank not landing elite kids.  Frank’s not landing elite kids because he and his staff aren’t that good of recruiters.  Semi is just another example of this.  Like, it’s a shining example of this if there ever was one. 

Semi is an absolutely terrible whiff. Any excuses for missing this kid are pure bullshit.

Yeah, I could almost forgive a couple Frankings for Semi. Seemingly not even being in the final mix for him is sad.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 12:51:04 PM »
FWIW, I have no problem firing Underwood for this. eff your johnny orrfense.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, 01:18:16 PM »
I always played my best for coaches like Frank.  Then again, I was little talent and high effort.  I don't want to compare myself to someone kind of shitty, but I would be roughly the equivalent of a Vic when I played.

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 01:22:53 PM »
Thinking about Semi and his upcoming decision, I was wondering why he wouldn't come here.

Because Harvard wants him.  Anyone presented the choice to begin their adult life by earning a degree from either Harvard or Kansas State is a monumental rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) if they choose Kansas State.  Semi, at least reportedly, isn't a monumental rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) thus he won't be playing at Kansas State.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2012, 01:26:23 PM »
what happened w/ Semi?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2012, 01:33:43 PM »
Thinking about Semi and his upcoming decision, I was wondering why he wouldn't come here.

Because Harvard wants him.  Anyone presented the choice to begin their adult life by earning a degree from either Harvard or Kansas State is a monumental rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) if they choose Kansas State.  Semi, at least reportedly, isn't a monumental rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) thus he won't be playing at Kansas State.

Energy?

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2012, 01:36:19 PM »
what happened w/ Semi?

Through updates, reliable analyst talk, and reliable word of mouth, it's just becoming more and more evident that he won't be playing at KSU.

All the "he wants to go to a superior academic institution" talk might have some merit to it, but recently he's been talking up Missouri. He visited there a couple weekends ago and said he is planning on taking another trip there.

I guess that wouldn't hurt as bad since Missouri is now headed to the SEC, but hardly a superior academic institution there.

We'll have to see how it plays out, but even though SO still mentions KSU in his offer list, people paying very close attention to this stuff do not see him landing at KSU.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, 01:38:44 PM »
would be pretty elite to play for amaker

would be pretty expensive to play at harvard though,  no athletic 'ships at ivy league schools.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2012, 01:44:57 PM »
I can see myself playing for Blue Chips and coach Nolte

Offline detch23

• Fan
  • My Dire Wolf's name is Willie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2012, 01:47:33 PM »

would be pretty expensive to play at harvard though,  no athletic 'ships at ivy league schools.

Supposedly Harvard has offered him an academic scholarship, this comes from some family that live in Ottawa but I'm not sure how close they are with the Ojeleye's.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2012, 01:56:39 PM »

would be pretty expensive to play at harvard though,  no athletic 'ships at ivy league schools.

Supposedly Harvard has offered him an academic scholarship, this comes from some family that live in Ottawa but I'm not sure how close they are with the Ojeleye's.

i thought i had heard about that somewhere as well.  regardless, there's little reason for him not wanting to play in his backyard.  k-state needed to mindfuck the kid into hoping to receive a scholarship from us, instead he's considering mu and harvard.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.