Author Topic: Feels good  (Read 11790 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Feels good
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2012, 02:15:51 PM »
He isn't. Announcers just say that because of his physique.

Who would you say is our best perimeter defender?

will

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2012, 02:21:12 PM »
he is a good enough athlete and strong enough to be a horrid matchup for undersized/athletic guards.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2012, 02:26:05 PM »
he is a good enough athlete and strong enough to be a horrid matchup for undersized/athletic guards.

Yeah, they kept talking about how well that little guard played (and he did some things offensively), but I wonder how many points he gave up off his multiple TOs and the fact that he really couldn't guard anyone.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2012, 03:36:51 PM »
He isn't. Announcers just say that because of his physique.

Who would you say is our best perimeter defender?

I asked this question awhile back on a similar challenge to 'Tay's crown, and someone (MiR?) said Shane. I laughed for a good 5 minutes.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2012, 05:43:37 PM »
From  my LBBIQ lenses it looks like Tay has a much flatter trajectory to his jumper than Will or Rod.  Any HBBiQ'rs confirm?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2012, 06:01:44 PM »
From  my LBBIQ lenses it looks like Tay has a much flatter trajectory to his jumper than Will or Rod.  Any HBBiQ'rs confirm?

Great question, wish we could get that protracker software they use for golf on this........wait....... eff off instead k?
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2012, 06:06:11 PM »

Great question, wish we could get that protracker software they use for golf on this........wait....... eff off instead k?
  :horrorsurprise:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2012, 09:40:33 PM »
I asked this question awhile back on a similar challenge to 'Tay's crown, and someone (MiR?) said Shane. I laughed for a good 5 minutes.

me.  i stand by that, although i note that none of our guards are very good as individuals.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2012, 09:41:47 PM »
oh, btw, i lolled for a good five minutes that you think the crown would be irving's if it wasn't southie's.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Feels good
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2012, 09:54:22 PM »

me.  i stand by that, although i note that none of our guards are very good as individuals.

None of the regulars are significantly worse than the others, either. They all have slightly different skills, but it's rare to have a major drop off as long as Jones isn't on the court.

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2012, 10:07:08 PM »
-Shane (when he wants to)
-Irving
-Will
-Angel
elitist since 1994

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2012, 09:08:28 AM »
jfc, when are people going to realize we don't have anyone that can stop the damn ball, they just funnel people into the blades of the human helicopter that is D.O.B.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2012, 09:19:19 AM »
imho he is one of the better on ball defenders in the league

Point Plankr is obviously better but i struggle to come up with many others

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2012, 10:57:00 AM »
I like Tay's spin move when he gets 5-6 feet from the basket.  It's the fastest I have ever seen.  He has only done it a few times this year but I get dizzy just watching it.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2012, 12:10:55 PM »
oh, btw, i lolled for a good five minutes that you think the crown would be irving's if it wasn't southie's.

:dubious:

Shanegoat isn't even top 3. Probably slower laterally than Sprads.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2012, 12:29:45 PM »
Jesus Christ there is basically no difference between any of them. Any argument on "who's the best defender"  boils down to Martavious's muscles and Spradling's skin color. Just brutal.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2012, 01:06:03 PM »
Jesus Christ there is basically no difference between any of them. Any argument on "who's the best defender"  boils down to Martavious's muscles and Spradling's skin color. Just brutal.

Yeah, there isn't any big difference between them. The only thing that might be is whether or not they do what they are supposed to do according to how we play opponents, etc, but as fans we would never really know that. We have Frank's general premise in man defense of pressuring the ball everywhere on the perimeter with a rim protector, but there are also going to be specific spots for different teams/players where we want them to advance/catch the ball and where we don't want them to advance/catch the ball.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2012, 01:25:14 PM »
i think martavious has quicker feet and it seems that hedraws tougher defensive assignments than marty

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2012, 01:30:24 PM »
I like when angel gets out there and gets up in someones face to steal the ball/get called for a foul/get blown by.  he is very aggresive. 

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2012, 01:47:07 PM »
Tay and Angel get a few steals.  Gruds gets a few less.  Basically nobody else gets any.  Steals are exciting, and nicely quantifiable, so there is my list of best perimeter defenders.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2012, 01:55:47 PM »
Tay and Angel get a few steals.  Gruds gets a few less.  Basically nobody else gets any.  Steals are exciting, and nicely quantifiable, so there is my list of best perimeter defenders.

The thing about Frank's defense it has an amazing ability to force TOs without getting a lot of steals. Frank's first three years his teams forced steals at a decent pace, but never better than the Top 115 in the country. The last two years not even in the Top 200 at forcing steals. But every year we force teams to turn the ball over nearly 1 out of every 4 possessions, 2 of those years as one of the Top 25 teams in the country. Teams are more likely to throw the ball out of bounds (or draw a charge) than they are to get the ball stolen from an individual defender, so its hard to judge individual K-State players or K-State teams based on steals. JMHO.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2012, 02:01:11 PM »

The thing about Frank's defense it has an amazing ability to force TOs without getting a lot of steals. Frank's first three years his teams forced steals at a decent pace, but never better than the Top 115 in the country. The last two years not even in the Top 200 at forcing steals. But every year we force teams to turn the ball over nearly 1 out of every 4 possessions, 2 of those years as one of the Top 25 teams in the country. Teams are more likely to throw the ball out of bounds (or draw a charge) than they are to get the ball stolen from an individual defender, so its hard to judge individual K-State players or K-State teams based on steals. JMHO.

Steals are more likely to lead to runouts, so I'm going to put more weight on those.  Plus, they're easier to look up.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2012, 02:18:46 PM »
I like when angel gets out there and gets up in someones face to steal the ball/get called for a foul/get blown by.  he is very aggresive. 

I like how incredulous he gets when a hand-check is called on him.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2012, 02:28:41 PM »

yes, this is very enjoyable

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2012, 02:52:59 PM »

yes, this is very enjoyable
It would be much more enjoyable if it incorporated more anger. Incredulous is kind of Jamar's deal. We need someone to display more anger towards the ref at every obvious whistle they get.