Author Topic: Things you collect?  (Read 12060 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Things you collect?
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2013, 09:18:06 AM »
I use to collect press passes.  :gocho:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2013, 09:27:14 AM »
I don't collect anything. Unless K-State gear counts.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2013, 09:30:48 AM »
Royals memorabilia.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2013, 09:31:47 AM »
i always bring my own soap/shampoo.  the stuff they give me at hotels, i don't like.

some sucks and some is pretty elite

as long as you only collect the elite stuff, i think you have a good thing going.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Things you collect?
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2013, 12:09:39 PM »
I collect nothing.  Zip.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2013, 12:22:04 PM »
I collect nothing.  Zip.

Yeah.  At no point in my life.  I like to do things, not hoard shitty belongings.  Nothing worse than having a bunch of crap cluttering up your living space.  "Hey look at all this pointless garbage I've accumulated.  It's a burden, but I enjoy it."  :dubious:  You can't fill that hole inside you with possessions. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2013, 12:23:01 PM »
also the tiny shampoos and bars of soaps from hotels. I have a big plastic bin filled with shampoos, bars of soap, lotions, mouthwash, shower caps, tiny little sowing kits, shoe mits, tiny luffas, etc. I don't let mrs. dave use them. they are for GUESTS ONLY! when guests stay at my house the highlight of their trip is probably getting to pick out their toiletries.

going to start doing this.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2013, 12:25:31 PM »
I keep all my concert tickets and usually big game tickets.
:adios:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2013, 12:26:46 PM »

yeah, i do this as well.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2013, 12:29:31 PM »

yeah, i do this as well.

Do you guys ever do anything with them? 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Things you collect?
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2013, 12:33:50 PM »
Bread, when you come stay at casa steve dave you will be excited as crap to pick out your toiletries, trust me

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2013, 12:37:22 PM »

yeah, i do this as well.

When my GPA died I found a bunch of random baseball memoribilla he had in a drawer. This included a bunch of tickets from the WS(80 and 85) along with some ALCS tickets. I framed them and hung them on the wall :ck:

Other random Royals/baseball memoribilia included
-Ball signed by 1980 royals
-Ball signed by 1977 yankees(I actually looked at ebay and supposedly I could get like $500 for this)
-A shoebox full of newspapers and magazines from 1985. I Framed one newspaper front page from when the royals won the WS. I also give away alot of these as part of wedding/christmas/bday presents.
-Stacks upon Stacks of old ballpark cups from the 80's. Includes some from old big8 tourneys.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2013, 12:49:46 PM »
Bread, when you come stay at casa steve dave you will be excited as crap to pick out your toiletries, trust me

No trust needed friend, I'm positive I'd be super excited.  There's a point to what you're collecting.  For people to use and be super excited about.  That just makes you an elite host.  I'm talking more along the lines of collecting crap the purpose of which is just possessing it and nothing more.  Like Beany Babies or knives and stamps you don't actually use.  Or what about those weirdos that collect bug?  Useless clutter.  I like to streamline my existence as much as possible not mess it all up.  What the hell you want something for that you can't use?  Unless it's simply art or decoration then you're just being creepy. 

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2013, 12:52:53 PM »

yeah, i do this as well.

When my GPA died I found a bunch of random baseball memoribilla he had in a drawer. This included a bunch of tickets from the WS(80 and 85) along with some ALCS tickets. I framed them and hung them on the wall :ck:

That's what I'm talking about.  You used it.  Now it's cool decoration.  That is not just collecting, that's using. :thumbs:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2013, 12:54:43 PM »

No trust needed friend, I'm positive I'd be super excited.  There's a point to what you're collecting.  For people to use and be super excited about.  That just makes you an elite host.  I'm talking more along the lines of collecting crap the purpose of which is just possessing it and nothing more.  Like Beany Babies or knives and stamps you don't actually use.  Or what about those weirdos that collect bug?  Useless clutter.  I like to streamline my existence as much as possible not mess it all up.  What the hell you want something for that you can't use?  Unless it's simply art or decoration then you're just being creepy.

Just remembered that when I was a kid my great aunt bought me some stupid stamp club membership thing. Once a month I would get an envelope with the random stamp of the month. I tried to throw them away but my parents made me keep them because "She wants you to have them, they could be worth money in the future"...This went on for 10 years. They are probably still in my old room at the parents house just collecting dust in shoeboxes.

Side note- Parents are boarderline hoarders which would explain why they made me keep the stamps

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2013, 01:17:00 PM »
I collect shitty movies from the $5 bin at walmart.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2013, 01:29:23 PM »

sounds like you're a pretty efficient guy, Mr. Bread. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2013, 01:33:12 PM »
i get them out and look at them every few years.  it's good to relive high school quickly.  i was a punk rock kid and went to shows about every weekend, so they are basically how i remember that part of my life.

they are inside an envelope type thing that i keep away with other stuff (other important docs, etc), so it's not just random crap laying around.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2013, 01:35:52 PM »
folder/envelope also has sets lists that bands have signed and other assorted things that i got at concerts.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2013, 01:36:00 PM »

yeah, i do this as well.

Other random Royals/baseball memoribilia included
-Ball signed by 1980 royals
-Ball signed by 1977 yankees(I actually looked at ebay and supposedly I could get like $500 for this)
-A shoebox full of newspapers and magazines from 1985. I Framed one newspaper front page from when the royals won the WS. I also give away alot of these as part of wedding/christmas/bday presents.
-Stacks upon Stacks of old ballpark cups from the 80's. Includes some from old big8 tourneys.

At first I thought you had mono for a semester or something and got really bad grades.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2013, 01:54:02 PM »
Hobbies. I usually start a new one every few months.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2013, 02:20:12 PM »

sounds like you're a pretty efficient guy, Mr. Bread.

Nope, not even a little bit.  However am extremely uncluttered.  I really enjoy getting rid of things. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2013, 02:35:24 PM »
I collect nothing.  Zip.

Yeah.  At no point in my life.  I like to do things, not hoard shitty belongings.  Nothing worse than having a bunch of crap cluttering up your living space.  "Hey look at all this pointless garbage I've accumulated.  It's a burden, but I enjoy it."  :dubious:  You can't fill that hole inside you with possessions.

AGREE 100%

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2013, 04:30:43 PM »
i've got every ticket to every movie, sporting event, concert, etc that i've attended since 2005
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Things you collect?
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2013, 04:35:28 PM »
I collect Debt. Damn good at it.
RIP Fatty