Author Topic: Attachés, Briefcases, Messenger Bags  (Read 21675 times)

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: Attachés, Briefcases, Messenger Bags
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2012, 07:28:03 AM »
I have great legs and I want to show them off. Do you have a problem with that?
Leave something for the imagination.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2012, 08:05:26 AM »

That's why he's wearing pants. JFC, some people. . .

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2012, 08:15:43 AM »
Look, if you guys want to wear pants that are so tight you can't fit a wallet in them, be my guess.  Skinny jeans are in, I guess.

Wait, you're not advocating for pleats, are you?  :confused:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2012, 08:25:46 AM »

Well, if he wore shorts to the interview, he may as well stay home, unless he had a really nice bag carrying his resume.

BTW, get a true briefcase since Mom is adamant. You may not use it for a number of years, but there will be a few occasions that it will be nice to have it.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2012, 08:58:26 AM »

Well, if he wore shorts to the interview, he may as well stay home, unless he had a really nice bag carrying his resume.

BTW, get a true briefcase since Mom is adamant. You may not use it for a number of years, but there will be a few occasions that it will be nice to have it.
Like every time you have to go into a bank.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2012, 09:42:17 AM »
I will probably wear overalls to my interview so this fitted/unfitted argument doesn't really apply.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2012, 09:43:46 AM »
new idea:  skinny overalls

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2012, 09:44:53 AM »

suspenders?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2012, 09:45:10 AM »
Well i had them tailored, so they fit pretty well

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2012, 09:47:04 AM »
make sure and roll the cuffs

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2012, 09:56:52 AM »
make sure and roll the cuffs
Since there is no belt, what do I match my shoes with???????????? :runaway:

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2012, 01:35:15 PM »
Sorry to change the subject from overalls, but I'd go with something like this if I were doing it over.  It's not what I have, but Steve Dave is uncannily accurate, and I'm too far along with my beat-the-hell-up black leather briefcase for me to make a change at this point.  No turning back now.

"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2012, 01:42:45 PM »
Sorry to change the subject from overalls, but I'd go with something like this if I were doing it over.  It's not what I have, but Steve Dave is uncannily accurate, and I'm too far along with my beat-the-hell-up black leather briefcase for me to make a change at this point.  No turning back now.

By the way, I like bags like these, with no shoulder straps.  Whenever a guy carrying one of these walks into a room, they immediately show dominance over the other males who have to rely on shoulder straps to carry their loads.  (Or, god forbid, wheels.)
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2012, 01:46:06 PM »

By the way, I like bags like these, with no shoulder straps.  Whenever a guy carrying one of these walks into a room, they immediately show dominance over the other males who have to rely on shoulder straps to carry their loads.  (Or, god forbid, wheels.)

Looks like a Jack Georges. Solid. Agree on the shoulder straps.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2012, 02:31:41 PM »

Looks like a Jack Georges. Solid. Agree on the shoulder straps.

Looks like something Matlock would carry.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2012, 02:39:50 PM »
Sorry to change the subject from overalls, but I'd go with something like this if I were doing it over.  It's not what I have, but Steve Dave is uncannily accurate, and I'm too far along with my beat-the-hell-up black leather briefcase for me to make a change at this point.  No turning back now.

There's a flip side to this rationale, at least when it comes to courtroom settings, but I think what I'd describe could be considered an ethical violation.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2012, 10:00:19 PM »
I've noticed a trend with east coast attorneys having the most beat up POS leather cases I've ever seen.  It appears to be a show of experience or something.  You have a $5k pair of glasses on and your briefcase/bag looks like a 40 year old catchers mitt.  I imagine everyone who shows up with a brand new bag must get mocked as a n00b or something.   

It's like a hardhat on a construction site.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2012, 11:42:13 PM »
I have one of these.  I love it.  Works well with casual gear and formal gear.  Comfortable.  Holds a laptop and a power cord, iPod, a couple of legal pads in leather cases, tablet PC, etc. comfortably. 

I had a backpack for several years when I flew more.  I just got to the point where it broke down and I wanted something more formal.  So, I went with the leather laptop bag.

If you go with one, I'd highly recommend this.

http://www.ebags.com/product/kenneth-cole-reaction-business-and-luggage/columbian-leather-flapover-computer-case/100888?productid=1278177

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2012, 11:58:17 AM »
Hey team, I need a bag with a secure place for an ipad and the little apple wireless keyboard, and room for files, maybe an occasional book, pens, chargers, etc.  Basically a laptop bag but with designed slots for a tablet and keyboard instead of a laptop.  Will be used primarily for court trips.  T-Y.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2012, 12:38:07 PM »
buy any briefcase in the world, should fit your needs

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 03, 2012, 12:59:51 PM »
So my mom told me that she talked to my bro-in-law who is an attorney and he told her that there is no need for Attachés, Briefcases, Messenger Bags etc. in law school.  So we can lock this thread now.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2012, 01:12:27 PM »
So my mom told me that she talked to my bro-in-law who is an attorney and he told her that there is no need for Attachés, Briefcases, Messenger Bags etc. in law school.  So we can lock this thread now.

I'm surrounded by law students in my apt building, and I have never once seen them with anything aside from a backpack. One of the girls drives a Benz and has a middle aged boyfriend though, she always has designer handbags that she carries her stuff in.

Grad school and being a lawyer are two different things. I'd think it would go along the same lines as white lab coat length while in med school, but only for bags for law students? When you get out there, drop dollars on a bag. While you're in law school, and dropping 1k a semester on books, I don't think you need to worry about an attache, briefcase, etc. Unless you are  :kstategrad:

:gocho:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2012, 01:49:24 PM »

I'm surrounded by law students in my apt building, and I have never once seen them with anything aside from a backpack. One of the girls drives a Benz and has a middle aged boyfriend though, she always has designer handbags that she carries her stuff in.

Grad school and being a lawyer are two different things. I'd think it would go along the same lines as white lab coat length while in med school, but only for bags for law students? When you get out there, drop dollars on a bag. While you're in law school, and dropping 1k a semester on books, I don't think you need to worry about an attache, briefcase, etc. Unless you are  :kstategrad:

This isn't news to me.  My mom was dead set on getting it for me, and luckily my bro-in-law talked her out of it, because I couldn't.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 03, 2012, 02:04:34 PM »
Get it now and start beating the crap out of it so you will have lots of street cred when you get out

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 03, 2012, 02:11:22 PM »

This isn't news to me.  My mom was dead set on getting it for me, and luckily my bro-in-law talked her out of it, because I couldn't.

:D I was just happy I gave solid gold advice. Nothing more.