Author Topic: "That's so funny" (Scrubs thread)  (Read 40815 times)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: "That's so funny" (Scrubs thread)
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2012, 01:09:34 PM »
Wife is going to be working all weekend so I'm planning a Scrubs viewing.  Any rituals you people do when watching.   :dunno:

I usually am by myself with an adult beverage, in the basement home theater/ family room layed back in my leather recliner.  :drink:

Anything to enrich my enjoyment of this show would be appreciated.   :cheers:

My ritual is BBS'n while I watch.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2012, 01:16:27 PM »
Have thought about doing this but am afraid I would go supertard and start quoting the entire script.
I am a terrible drunk poster, terrible.

EDIT:  Some might argue I am a terrible poster in general.   :dunno:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 01:18:21 PM by Bloodfart »

Offline Dave Wooderson

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2012, 03:32:46 PM »
My Musical is a classic, with check the poo.

Dr. Cox: It's your hair, your nose, your chinless face. You always need a hug. Not to mention all the manly Appletinies that you chug. That you think I am your mentor, just continues to perplex. And oh my God stop telling me when you have nerdy sex!
J.D.: And by the way, the last time Kim was in town we took some Appeltinies and poored 'em on our good parts!
Dr. Cox: See now newbie that's the thing you do that drives me up a tree. 'Cause no matter how I rant at you, you never let me be. So I'm stuck with all your day dreaming, your wish to be my son. It makes me sucidial! And I'm not the only one. No I'm not the only one.
Wait a minute guys... I don't play golf... for money... against people.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2012, 01:22:26 PM »
These bloopers made me laugh.

Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2012, 12:43:21 AM »
Does Sarah Chalke really have a mole on her butt?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2012, 08:53:14 AM »
Not sure, but she really can't sing and her hands are really cold. I feel like I heard something like that during one of the commentaries.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2012, 12:15:17 PM »
Does Sarah Chalke really have a mole on her butt?

if there really was a god, we would be able to tell for ourselves by now. :frown:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 10, 2012, 10:21:43 PM »
Dubdub, what happened to your season breakdowns?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2012, 10:34:22 PM »

got hooked watching other shows. I suppose i can crank out season 2 here fairly soon.
- chunkles

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2012, 03:18:02 PM »

Season Two

I watched this season over a long period of time, unlike season 1...so i didn't get as detailed with this list. Every episode was good...i can't really even think of a bad episode in this season. Which is why, IMHO, Season 2 is Scrubs' best season. It was hard to narrow the list down, but these episodes stuck with me the most....so here we go.

My T.C.W (E18) - Clearly the best episode of the season. It had everything...so many good lines throughout. JD's rant to everyone bitching about relationships, combined with the ending and song choice, just set it apart. oh, yeah...T.C.W.!

2. My Overkill (E01) - Everything starts to fall back into place after Jordan blows everything up the episode before. I probably over value this episode but i don't care. The usage of Colin Hay at the beginning and end sets it apart as well.

3. My Philosophy (E13) - JD loses his heart patient. Turk/Ralphie ring stuff was gold.  The "someone lives, someone dies, circle of life" storyline was great, which made the ending harder. I'm a sucker for songs and stuff...so the "musical" type ending with everyone singing was right up my alley. Extremely well done.  Interesting tidbit - The actress, who will eventually play The Janitor's wife, appears in the episode as a doctor.

4. My Sex Buddy (E12) - JD wants to be more than sex buddies with Elliot, but she doesn't. This probably could be combined with My Monster as well, since both episodes deal with JD and Elliot getting together. The ending really sticks with me, probably because of the song choice and relating to his issues.

5. My Dream Job  (E22) - Season Finale. Dr. Kelso is being extra hard on Elliot the whole episode, when Dr. Cox punches him in the face. Dr. Cox finally realizes he's a dad, thanks to JD and Turk's friend, played by Ryan Reynolds(!) spilling the beans.

6. My Interpretation (E20) - JD decides to go after T.C.W. after her husband finally dies. Dr. Cox connects with Jack, before realizing he's the father. The storylines in this one just make it great: JD seeing The Janitor's penis outside his window. Still crack up every time he explains it to him. And Turk having fantasies about Elliot(Hot). Also, still pissed at how they ended the T.C.W. arc. She could have been a great character, but she just randomly disappears after My Drama Queen. WTF?!

7. My Fruit Cups (E08) - Dr. Cox picks Prego Jordan over the Pharmaceutical rep. The others go through money issues including Elliot getting cut off from her dad.

8. My Nightingale (E02) - First night they are running the hospital. Carla goes out of her way to help them, without them realizing it. Love Ted's group singing old tv show theme songs throughout.

- chunkles

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2012, 07:05:04 PM »
This is combo-fanning at it's finest. Great breakdown, DubDub. JD's rant in TCW is one of my favorites of the entire series.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2012, 07:49:30 PM »
i'll see if i can get Season 3 sometime soon.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 31, 2012, 05:31:47 PM »
Nice job WW, JD's rand during My T.C.W. was great otherwise the arc did nothing for me.  My Overkill is in my all time top 5, otherwise season two is very meh.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 01, 2012, 12:22:49 AM »

Season Two

I watched this season over a long period of time, unlike season 1...so i didn't get as detailed with this list. Every episode was good...i can't really even think of a bad episode in this season. Which is why, IMHO, Season 2 is Scrubs' best season. It was hard to narrow the list down, but these episodes stuck with me the most....so here we go.

My T.C.W (E18) - Clearly the best episode of the season. It had everything...so many good lines throughout. JD's rant to everyone bitching about relationships, combined with the ending and song choice, just set it apart. oh, yeah...T.C.W.!

2. My Overkill (E01) - Everything starts to fall back into place after Jordan blows everything up the episode before. I probably over value this episode but i don't care. The usage of Colin Hay at the beginning and end sets it apart as well.

3. My Philosophy (E13) - JD loses his heart patient. Turk/Ralphie ring stuff was gold.  The "someone lives, someone dies, circle of life" storyline was great, which made the ending harder. I'm a sucker for songs and stuff...so the "musical" type ending with everyone singing was right up my alley. Extremely well done.  Interesting tidbit - The actress, who will eventually play The Janitor's wife, appears in the episode as a doctor.

4. My Sex Buddy (E12) - JD wants to be more than sex buddies with Elliot, but she doesn't. This probably could be combined with My Monster as well, since both episodes deal with JD and Elliot getting together. The ending really sticks with me, probably because of the song choice and relating to his issues.

5. My Dream Job  (E22) - Season Finale. Dr. Kelso is being extra hard on Elliot the whole episode, when Dr. Cox punches him in the face. Dr. Cox finally realizes he's a dad, thanks to JD and Turk's friend, played by Ryan Reynolds(!) spilling the beans.

6. My Interpretation (E20) - JD decides to go after T.C.W. after her husband finally dies. Dr. Cox connects with Jack, before realizing he's the father. The storylines in this one just make it great: JD seeing The Janitor's penis outside his window. Still crack up every time he explains it to him. And Turk having fantasies about Elliot(Hot). Also, still pissed at how they ended the T.C.W. arc. She could have been a great character, but she just randomly disappears after My Drama Queen. WTF?!

7. My Fruit Cups (E08) - Dr. Cox picks Prego Jordan over the Pharmaceutical rep. The others go through money issues including Elliot getting cut off from her dad.

8. My Nightingale (E02) - First night they are running the hospital. Carla goes out of her way to help them, without them realizing it. Love Ted's group singing old tv show theme songs throughout.

I like your breakdown an it is getting me gear'd up for watching the series again once harvest is over.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 01, 2012, 09:19:30 AM »
This is combo-fanning at it's finest. Great breakdown, DubDub. JD's rant in TCW is one of my favorites of the entire series.

No doubt. Had to YouTube it just now just to watch it again. 

JD:   :love:

The group:  :sdeek:   :dubious:  :nono:

JD:   :curse:  :angryMJ: :comeatme:

The group:   :horrorsurprise:

Nurse Roberts:   :peek:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 01, 2012, 06:48:14 PM »
Possibly the best line in "My TCW" is Ralphie saying, "It's fun to eat things!"

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 01, 2012, 09:43:12 PM »
Ralphie is so gross

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 03, 2012, 06:34:38 PM »
Nice job WW, JD's rand during My T.C.W. was great otherwise the arc did nothing for me.  My Overkill is in my all time top 5, otherwise season two is very meh.

to each their own. Agreed T.C.W. had so much potential.

I like your breakdown an it is getting me gear'd up for watching the series again once harvest is over.

this post made my laugh for some reason.

Possibly the best line in "My TCW" is Ralphie saying, "It's fun to eat things!"

Yes, Ralphie was great. When he pukes in the elevator on Dr. Kelso's shoes is hilarious too. Also the Janitor/JD "chink" thing was great.
- chunkles

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 03, 2012, 07:22:03 PM »
scrubs was really good. no greg the bunny mind you, but a very good show in it's own right.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2012, 11:08:12 AM »
scrubs was really good. no greg the bunny mind you, but a very good show in it's own right.

will take.
- chunkles

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 05, 2012, 02:04:24 PM »

Season Three

I'll keep it short. Not quite as great of a season front to back, imo. But still great. Other than #1, most of these episodes are interchangeable. Really wasn't a fan of how they did the JD/Elliot stuff....the ending of My Fault was the worst and ruined what would have been a great episode.  One great thing about this season was The Janitor's expanded role. He's the best.

My Screw Up (E14) - Obviously the best episode of the season, and possibly series. Classic twist ending was incredible. Brendan Fraser was so great, even if he was only in 3 episodes. Turk's mole/Carla's last name/Elliot's Bunyan was a funny side story as well. A ++.

2. My Catalyst/My Porcelain God (E12/E13) - I'll just combine these since it is the Michael J. Fox arc. Really enjoyed the episodes. Both had great endings and the Janitor's roof toilet was awesome.

3. My Brother Where Art Thou (E05) - JD's brother Dan comes to visit and realizes Dr. Cox is having a negative effect on him. Really liked Dan's speech to Cox at the end and enjoyed his character throughout the series in general. Probably why it's high on my list.

4. My Fifteen Seconds (E07) - JD & Cox almost release a suicidal patient named Jill Tracy. She will eventually come back in Season 5 in another memorable episode. Dr. Kelso ruptures his eardrums, which leads to a top 10 Scrubs line. “Sweet Dancing Jehovah, I’ve punctured my brain.”

5. My Moment of Un-Truth  (E17) - Carla goes on a date with her "what if" guy. Elliot gets scammed for Drugs. Janitor fakes having a brother. The Dr. Cox/Elliot moment at the end was nice. Just funny throughout.

6. My Clean Break (E11) - JD finally breaks up with Danni after realizing he can't get over Elliot. Dr. Cox is becoming a nicer guy, and he's talking to a therapist about it, which turns out to be his son. Really good ending.

7. My Advice to You (E06) - Carla's brother visits and fakes not knowing English. JD meets Danni. Another great Scrubs line..."Turk, why is there a pancake in the silverware drawer??."  "You mean why is there silverware in the Pancake drawer. WASSUUTH!"

8. My Dirty Secret (E09) - Whole episode centered around sex. Just like the episode and it has a good ending.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 05, 2012, 05:41:44 PM »
Thanks WW.

Reading your summaries/rankings, its amazing how much we both love scrubs but how much differently we see the show.  I do agree with you that season 3 was pretty meh.  I watch the show in syndication every night and have for the last six years and every time season three comes up I just get through it.  I love the ending to My Fault.  It made the successive episodes great and I really don't know where the JD and Elliot storyline would have gone if it didn't happen that way.  I think it set up nicely for the rest of the show all the way up to My Finale.  I didn't like My Screw Up as much, I would have listed it in the top five for the season, but not even in my top 20 favorite episodes ever.  I loved My 15 Minutes and loved the Jill Tracy character.  Dan had his moments but I generally didn't like the character and I didn't feel the Michael J. Fox arc.  Man one of these seasons I feel like we will see it the same way but to this point we're 0-3.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 05, 2012, 06:09:50 PM »
No problem at all MIR. I think it speaks to the greatness of the show that we can find different things to love and appreciate. While i agree the ending of My Fault set up the rest of series, i wish they would have done it slightly different. Don't get my hopes up all episode, and then finally i get what i want, to just take it away in the last 5 seconds!

And you're right, the episodes after My Fault were great, and probably deserved to be on my list. To be honest, it was really hard to make a list for season 3. I probably would reorder them if i would watch them all again. And it all depends on what makes an episode good to you. Is it constant funny scenes, great dialog, great plot, or a great ending? Unfortunately for me, an episode can be pretty crappy, but finish with a great song/ending that makes me feel all warm inside, and i'll love that episode to death. It's my flaw.

And we probably will end up 1-7. lol We may only agree on Season 8.
- chunkles

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 05, 2012, 06:42:21 PM »
My Screw Up has to be one of the best of the series. I think we discussed it and everyone (besides MIR) agreed that they basically cry everytime.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. The end of Michael J. Fox's first appearance when he screams at JD at the end, "This is a weak moment for me. Nobody's supposed to see this" gets me everytime. Just love seeing such a strong character break down like that. Even the strongest people have a weakness. A great life lesson, which Scrubs has a lot of.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2012, 04:53:39 PM »
Season Four

I'll keep it short...The top 4 episodes are really great, everything else is good. Instead of a longer list...i just went with episodes that stuck with me. I may have missed one or two.

Least enjoyable of the 4 seasons, imo. More goofy humor this season compared to others...which will ramp up in Season 5.

My Best Laid Plans (E19) - JD has a chance with Molly or stay with Kylie. Turk and Carla fight over Turk's conversations with his ex. Cox and The Janitor make a bet over Elliot. The last 5 minutes are really well done. The sped up sequences were great. Zach Braff directed the episode i believe. It's actually the Janitor/Elliot story line that makes me enjoy the episode even more. You get to see the human side of The Janitor for once.

2. My Life in Four Cameras (E17) - JD's day dream where he lives in a sitcom. I think i might be the only one who love this episode...but it just works for me every time. Shows how cheesy shows can be/makes fun of itself.

3. My Cake (E06) - JD's brother shows up when their dad dies. Dr. Cox has trouble being there for him, but he eventually comes through in the end. It's too bad John Ritter couldn't have been in any more episodes.

4. My Big Move (E22) - Turk tries getting over JD's and Carla's kiss. The Janitor gets a new Uni. One of the funniest episodes of the season. I laugh every time. JD's "MY FRIES!" line. or Ted getting punched all the time. or The Janitor's walk through with his new uni.

5. My Last Chance (E08) - JD gets a chance with Molly, if Elliot allows. Dr. Cox does community service with an EMT lady. It's the Dr. Cox/EMT stuff that makes me enjoy it so much.

6. My First Kill (E04) - JD is worried about his first kill. Elliot and Molly differ on a heart valve transplant. I think i really like this one because of the ending song. Carry on.
- chunkles