Author Topic: "That's so funny" (Scrubs thread)  (Read 40894 times)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: "That's so funny" (Scrubs thread)
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2012, 01:47:45 PM »
Watched "My Interpretation" last night, wow incredible, "My Drama Queen" is tonight and its pretty average.

yes, very disappointed how they ended the Amy Smart arc.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2012, 02:39:14 PM »
Watched "My Interpretation" last night, wow incredible, "My Drama Queen" is tonight and its pretty average.

My favorite girlfriend story arc was Mandy Moore.  The best girlfriend arc ending was with Chrystee Pharris.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2012, 02:46:03 PM »

My favorite girlfriend story arc was Mandy Moore.  The best girlfriend arc ending was with Chrystee Pharris.

Oh man. This x1000.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2012, 02:50:45 PM »

Oh man. This x1000.

heh, right into Stevesie's wheelhouse.

Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2012, 03:09:49 PM »

Oh man. This x1000.

Chrystee Pharris or Mandy Moore?  Also I think it goes without saying that Elizabeth Banks is exempted from this convo because she spanned three seasons.

Speaking of Elizabeth Banks, remember when JD first met her and Turk informs him that it actually isn't the first time they met and then they play a montage of other places she's been including Ben's funeral.  The episodes should have been "My First Day" and "My Screwup" does she actually appear in these episodes?

Also I love when they take inventory of JDs girlfriends by nicknames; Rumple Fugly, Tina Two Kids, Gift Shop Girl, Mole Butt.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2012, 03:21:02 PM »

Oh man. This x1000.

Chrystee Pharris or Mandy Moore?  Also I think it goes without saying that Elizabeth Banks is exempted from this convo because she spanned three seasons.

Speaking of Elizabeth Banks, remember when JD first met her and Turk informs him that it actually isn't the first time they met and then they play a montage of other places she's been including Ben's funeral.  The episodes should have been "My First Day" and "My Screwup" does she actually appear in these episodes?

Also I love when they take inventory of JDs girlfriends by nicknames; Rumple Fugly, Tina Two Kids, Gift Shop Girl, Mole Butt.

Pharris. My Best Laid Plans is his favorite episode...so it fits perfect. I enjoy Heather Grahams arc as well, fwiw.

No, she wasn't actually there. They superimposed her into those scenes.
- chunkles

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2012, 11:36:58 PM »

Oh man. This x1000.

The one where he's in the elevator by himself is actually His Story and it's funny because after he sings "everybody was kung fu fighting" the janitor traps him on the elevator for an extended period of time, then crawls down the elevator shaft to tape him up. It would have been really funny if Kim had been there the whole time.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2012, 11:37:11 AM »
"See for me, sex is a sport. It's like racquetball...you play hard for half an hour, work up a sweat and hope you don't get hit in the eye."
- chunkles

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2012, 07:55:02 PM »
"It's fun to eat things! - Ralphie

Also, I love the speech that JD gives to everyone in relationships in the first episode with TCW.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2012, 10:23:30 PM »
Also, I love the speech that JD gives to everyone in relationships in the first episode with TCW.

yeah, that hit home when i saw that in college. :frown:
- chunkles

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2012, 10:40:21 PM »
Did not like the ending of episode that (I think) Dr. Murphy (the reject guy) is told to leave the residency program.  Ends with him speading the glowing green stuff to the old woman in bed.  It made me sad and I watch that show to pick me not depress me.  Just the thought of that unsuspecting, smiling, green glowing old woman makes my heart sink.   :cry:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2012, 01:07:08 AM »
Did not like the ending of episode that (I think) Dr. Murphy (the reject guy) is told to leave the residency program.  Ends with him speading the glowing green stuff to the old woman in bed.  It made me sad and I watch that show to pick me not depress me.  Just the thought of that unsuspecting, smiling, green glowing old woman makes my heart sink.   :cry:

That was Cabbage, who may be Jeff Withey's twin brother. But yes, very sad. Especially with Coldplay playing in the background.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2012, 10:18:12 AM »

That was Cabbage, who may be Jeff Withey's twin brother. But yes, very sad. Especially with Coldplay playing in the background.

Yes, season 5 was the first season i watched...and that episode was one of my favs.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2012, 10:59:44 AM »

Yes, season 5 was the first season i watched...and that episode was one of my favs.

Mrs. Wilk.  That was easily a top 5 episode.  Part two of that episode, My Five Steps, I did not like at all.  Not the biggest Dave Foley fan.  Also Mrs. Wilk, Michael Learned, appeared on 7 episodes that season, didn't seem like that many.  Season 5 was amazing.  My two favorite cameos happened in the Mrs. Wilk arc, Billy D. Williams and Kareem were hilarious.  Also of course that season included the Mandy Moore arc that we've previously discussed.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2012, 11:31:40 AM »
I just read the episode guide for season 5 and it is far and away the best season.  I could just watch that season on a loop.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrubs_(season_5)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2012, 07:35:14 PM »
I totally forgot that "My Screw Up" also has the side story of Carla asking Turk to get rid of his mole. The reason it's so great is because of Dr. Kelso's speech about his wife's snoring and how he used to not be able to sleep because of it, but now can't sleep without it. Also, JD's shower shorts. Classic.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2012, 11:09:29 PM »
Shower shorts with a wallet :drool: also Turk's talking mole was freaky, do not like

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2012, 01:58:52 AM »
Shower shorts with a wallet :drool: also Turk's talking mole was freaky, do not like

Yeah, that was the one flaw in the episode.

"You're right. I am an idiot for buying shower shorts. It's not like they come with a complimentary shower wallet!"

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2012, 06:23:07 AM »
I just read the episode guide for season 5 and it is far and away the best season.  I could just watch that season on a loop.

the humor was different in season 5. While i enjoy it, and the season has some of the series best epis(My way home, My Lunch, My Fallen Idol, etc), it isn't my favorite season.
- chunkles

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2012, 11:42:03 AM »
"You're a bit of a slut, aren't you?"
- chunkles

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2012, 12:46:06 PM »

the humor was different in season 5. While i enjoy it, and the season has some of the series best epis(My way home, My Lunch, My Fallen Idol, etc), it isn't my favorite season.

Oh man, the back to back episodes of My Lunch and My Fallen Idol.  Hard to top that.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2012, 05:10:54 PM »
"Easy on the 'tini."

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2012, 05:11:37 PM »
"Easy on the 'tini."

you have no idea how many times I use this in real life.
- chunkles

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2012, 09:59:13 PM »
Wife is going to be working all weekend so I'm planning a Scrubs viewing.  Any rituals you people do when watching.   :dunno:

I usually am by myself with an adult beverage, in the basement home theater/ family room layed back in my leather recliner.  :drink:

Anything to enrich my enjoyment of this show would be appreciated.   :cheers:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2012, 11:27:39 AM »
"My God, you'd be more subtle if you stood naked in the hallway eating a 10 inch kielbasa."
- chunkles