Author Topic: Video games master thread  (Read 625948 times)

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Video games master thread
« Reply #300 on: May 13, 2010, 12:02:55 PM »
UFC 2010 Undisputed- O.M.G.!!!!
Do you play any good games?

lmao.
;)

Preorder Civ V yet?
I'm torn.  Do I pre-order it on Steam, or wait to see what comes in the retail version?
This is what's holding me up. Steam has maps, Babylon, and the soundtrack, but I want to know what other goodies are available.
mostly sports.
EMAW

Offline Lurker

• Fan
  • Hiding in the shadows
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 16, 2010, 06:42:19 PM »
Can't wait for Red Dead Redemption this Tuesday.  MW2 is going to get a long break.

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 18, 2010, 10:52:51 AM »
Red Dead Redemption Day!!

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 18, 2010, 10:55:39 AM »
RDR is getting amazing reviews. Can't wait to get it in the mail.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 18, 2010, 11:06:09 AM »
Should be waiting at my door when I get home. 
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 18, 2010, 11:57:40 AM »
Heading over to Gamestop to pick RDR up in about an hour.  SHould be playing some this afternoon.  Hope it doesn't suck.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 18, 2010, 07:52:17 PM »
Picked it up this evening, but haven't played it yet.  After the Flyers game, its on.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 18, 2010, 10:14:32 PM »
It's pretty fun. Multiplayer free roam is a blast when there are other players around.  Love the gameplay, and it seems they took some of more annoying things out of GTA for this one (boring traveling across the map so far).

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 19, 2010, 09:27:30 AM »
Kstatefreak42: jcraig42
EMAW

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 19, 2010, 09:48:35 AM »
Kstatefreak42: jcraig42

is that for ps3?

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 19, 2010, 09:55:23 AM »
It's pretty fun. Multiplayer free roam is a blast when there are other players around.  Love the gameplay, and it seems they took some of more annoying things out of GTA for this one (boring traveling across the map so far).

So is it like GTA, where you can just wander around killing people and stuff if you want, and then approach people to launch missions when you're good and ready?

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 19, 2010, 09:59:06 AM »

So is it like GTA, where you can just wander around killing people and stuff if you want, and then approach people to launch missions when you're good and ready?
Correct.

A few changes:

You can get an item called "campsite", which allows you to save anywhere in the wilderness, rather than having to go back to a safe house.

Your health regenerates, rather than having to eat food or sleep, to regain health.

Quick travel is available, kind of like taxi's, but faster and less expensive.

You can hunt and kill animals and skin them. 

Rockstar social club integration, which adds further challenges and bonuses to the game.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 19, 2010, 10:00:03 AM »
Final Fantasy XIII next week. :ohno: 45 hours to spare? YES!
Kinda creepy. I beat that game in 45 hours and a handful of minutes.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 19, 2010, 10:04:30 AM »

Correct.

A few changes:

You can get an item called "campsite", which allows you to save anywhere in the wilderness, rather than having to go back to a safe house.

Your health regenerates, rather than having to eat food or sleep, to regain health.

Rockstar social club integration, which adds further challenges and bonuses to the game.

So it's like Oregon Trail?

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 19, 2010, 10:11:27 AM »

Correct.

A few changes:

You have Died Of Dysentery

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: May 19, 2010, 10:22:04 AM »

Correct.

A few changes:

Except you can tie nuns to train tracks and watch them die.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 19, 2010, 10:28:05 AM »

Correct.

A few changes:

Except you can tie nuns to train tracks and watch them die.

I would choose oxen every time

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 19, 2010, 10:33:59 AM »
FWIW, if SD has a kid, he's going to be like my Dad when I was kid....pretty much a rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) when it came to video games. 

Maybe SD's kid will enjoy hiking or some crap instead.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 19, 2010, 10:34:47 AM »
XbOX 360
EMAW

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 19, 2010, 10:45:29 AM »
FWIW, if SD has a kid, he's going to be like my Dad when I was kid....pretty much a rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) when it came to video games. 

Maybe SD's kid will enjoy hiking or some crap instead.
My dad never played a video game in his life until the family came over one day and played Beatles Rock Band.

Mom was all about the Coleco Vision we had when I was growing up.  Then the NES came out and that was too complicated I guess.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 19, 2010, 11:09:07 AM »
My dad was a big Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt fan. I think he played me in Madden '95 once, but couldn't bear the humiliation after that.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 19, 2010, 11:09:56 AM »
My dad was too old for that when i was growing up. But i'm kinda glad for that.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 19, 2010, 12:16:33 PM »
ok.  i love TF2 so i'm gonna hop on that
Looks like TF2 is still Windows only?

Portal is available for free.  Civ IV series is available, plus a ton of indie games.  Not much yet but i'm sure it will grow.

Gonna install it on my wifes Mac tonight so she can play some of the games.  It looks like any existing games you own labeled with the "Steam Play" icon means you do not need to purchase a separate copy for each platform, which is nice.
TF2 and Portal were supposed to be available on Day 1.  I've been at the office all day though and haven't installed Steam yet.  What Mac and version of OSX does your wife have?

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/05/09/first_look_valves_steam_team_fortress_2_and_portal_for_mac.html
I've checked out the Steam forums and TF2 is not available yet.  Apparently it was then they took it down. 

Not sure on the version she has.  It's a MacBook, don't know what speed.  I got it in 2006.
OS 10.4.  Won't work. gmafb. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 19, 2010, 12:32:56 PM »

Portal is available for free.  Civ IV series is available, plus a ton of indie games.  Not much yet but i'm sure it will grow.

Gonna install it on my wifes Mac tonight so she can play some of the games.  It looks like any existing games you own labeled with the "Steam Play" icon means you do not need to purchase a separate copy for each platform, which is nice.
TF2 and Portal were supposed to be available on Day 1.  I've been at the office all day though and haven't installed Steam yet.  What Mac and version of OSX does your wife have?

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/05/09/first_look_valves_steam_team_fortress_2_and_portal_for_mac.html
I've checked out the Steam forums and TF2 is not available yet.  Apparently it was then they took it down. 

Not sure on the version she has.  It's a MacBook, don't know what speed.  I got it in 2006.
oi.  i should have mentioned that.  oh well, it's not like you're missing anything.

can't remember, are you in or out on starcraft II?  i'm looking forward to it.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 19, 2010, 12:42:59 PM »

oi.  i should have mentioned that.  oh well, it's not like you're missing anything.

can't remember, are you in or out on starcraft II?  i'm looking forward to it.

Never really got in to the first one.  Not a huge fan of the RTS genre, probably out.