Author Topic: Video games master thread  (Read 625994 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Video games master thread
« Reply #225 on: May 07, 2010, 08:15:33 AM »
MW 2 is amazing. :cheers:
thanks for the update dumbass.  hey guys, this game that sold almost 8 million copies is good!  :flush:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 07, 2010, 08:25:19 AM »
 :DEAD RISING 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EMAW

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 07, 2010, 09:39:34 AM »
I picked up Left 4 Dead 2 on the cheap and put in my preorder in for Red Dead Redemption. Will get Alan Wake eventually as well. Games this year are starting to pick up quite a bit.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 07, 2010, 10:12:21 AM »
l4d2 is awesome
EMAW

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 07, 2010, 10:21:43 AM »
Starcraft 2 is looking good

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 07, 2010, 11:15:15 AM »
Well I didn't get my one month free gold membership.  :flush:

Don't you just setup a new Xbox Live user ID from the Xbox and it automatically gives you the free month? I believe that's the way I did mine, and I did my son's too.

That is what I thought as well and I still had to pay.

Also, I'm pretty sure my headset is broken. I can hear everyone through it but nobody can hear me when I talk. And yes, my mute was off.

I played the Halo Reach Beta last night for 3 hours and I'd say it is way better than MW2.

Offline ToupeeFearsTheBeard

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 07, 2010, 11:44:31 AM »
counting down the days til Red Dead Redemption comes out on the 18th.. :runaway:

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 07, 2010, 11:57:29 AM »
2010 World Cup is out of sight.

Love the Online World Cup tourney  :love:
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 07, 2010, 01:24:42 PM »
Well I didn't get my one month free gold membership.  :flush:

Don't you just setup a new Xbox Live user ID from the Xbox and it automatically gives you the free month? I believe that's the way I did mine, and I did my son's too.

That is what I thought as well and I still had to pay.

Also, I'm pretty sure my headset is broken. I can hear everyone through it but nobody can hear me when I talk. And yes, my mute was off.

I played the Halo Reach Beta last night for 3 hours and I'd say it is way better than MW2.

I've noticed that if the batteries for the controller are running low, the headset will screw up like that.  Plug it in/put in new batteries.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 07, 2010, 05:06:44 PM »

EMAW

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 11, 2010, 09:41:57 AM »
http://consumerist.com/2010/05/ea-goes-nuclear-against-used-sports-games-sales.html

EA and NCAA football can rot in a big pile of panda crap.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 11, 2010, 10:15:42 AM »
Total newbie question here so bear with me.  My big bro gave me his unneeded (he is going back to mid east to fight Iranians in Iraq LOL dax) X-Box 360.  I hooked it up last night.  He gave me no games....

Few questions:

The unit has a faux woodgrain on the front with a red and green line running horizontally across the front.  It has no component hookup jacks, I had to use an HDMI cable.  Is this some special edition or some crap?

What games are just have?  I like sports games but my last video game was a PS2 so I think some of the Halo-y type games are really advanced now and might want to try out.

I have a unlimited monthly Netflix account, can I stream through my Xbox?

TIA from a noob.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 11, 2010, 10:31:56 AM »
you should be able to pull that stupid faux woodgrain thing off.  it's just a faceplate.  only n00bs use them, he must be a total n00b.  also, he prob just didn't give you the component cables it comes with.  they don't plug into component on the 360,it's some weird jack but they do plug into your tv as traditional component.
but why use component when you can go HDMI?

you should be able to stream Netflix, you just have to log into your account.  also be sure and start up XBL asap when you get a game.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 11, 2010, 10:56:50 AM »
To stream netflix you will need an XBox Live GOLD account.   You can buy a 12 month membership right now on Newegg for 34.99 (normally 49.99), no tax, free shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874103129&cm_re=xbox_live-_-74-103-129-_-Product

As for games for 360, just buy Modern Warfare 2 or some garbage. ;)

FWIW, I love the game "Crackdown" on 360 and it can be had for cheap. Usually 10-15 bucks used at Gamestop.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 11, 2010, 10:58:03 AM »
http://consumerist.com/2010/05/ea-goes-nuclear-against-used-sports-games-sales.html

"Project $10".  They are trying to guarantee new game sales and curb used game re-sales.  No surprise, why give something away you know you can charge for?

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: May 11, 2010, 11:01:18 AM »
I beat Heavy Rain this weekend.  Only had 2 characters survive. I'd say it was around 7 or 8 hours, kinda short but kept you on the edge of your seat to find out what the hell was going on.  Definitely worth it.

Offline theswo

• Combo-Fan
  • Keep shooting, Gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 11, 2010, 11:48:58 AM »
2010 World Cup is out of sight.

Love the Online World Cup tourney  :love:
I'm not loving it so far. Having trouble adjusting to the differences in gameplay from Fifa 10. Shooting is way different

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 11, 2010, 12:41:12 PM »

"Project $10".  They are trying to guarantee new game sales and curb used game re-sales.  No surprise, why give something away you know you can charge for?

Certainly no surprise given the people who are involved. My biggest concern is where does this stop? Are WoW like monthly subscription coming to consoles? Is Activision's plan of charging people for each piece of the game coming true?

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 11, 2010, 12:43:19 PM »

Certainly no surprise given the people who are involved. My biggest concern is where does this stop? Are WoW like monthly subscription coming to consoles? Is Activision's plan of charging people for each piece of the game coming true?
They will do whatever makes them the most money, i'm guessing.  It's been proven with the Madden/NCAA games, and now FPS's like CoD, Halo, they can release a game a year and make a crap ton of $$$ without changing much.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 11, 2010, 12:48:49 PM »
Activision and EA have both proven they can crap all over gamers and they'll keep coming back to them.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 11, 2010, 12:53:06 PM »
This is what i'll be playing tonight. :fatty:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 11, 2010, 04:59:06 PM »
you should be able to pull that stupid faux woodgrain thing off.  it's just a faceplate.  only n00bs use them, he must be a total n00b.  also, he prob just didn't give you the component cables it comes with.  they don't plug into component on the 360,it's some weird jack but they do plug into your tv as traditional component.

you should be able to stream Netflix, you just have to log into your account.  also be sure and start up XBL asap when you get a game.

So the faux woodgrain isn't some "special edition" that will raise it's re-sale value when I inevitably get bored with it and sell by middle of June?

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 11, 2010, 06:04:24 PM »
The Halo Reach Beta is amazing. I can't stop playing it.

:excited:

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 11, 2010, 06:13:12 PM »

So the faux woodgrain isn't some "special edition" that will raise it's re-sale value when I inevitably get bored with it and sell by middle of June?
No, it isn't a special edition.  More than likely no one will care that it has an aftermarket faceplate.  Actually, they may desire the original face plate, so the value would likely slightly decrease.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 11, 2010, 06:53:59 PM »
The Halo Reach Beta is amazing. I can't stop playing it.

:excited:

I'm getting bored with it.