Author Topic: Video games master thread  (Read 625985 times)

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Video games master thread
« Reply #200 on: May 04, 2010, 02:05:22 PM »
Anyone playing the Halo: Reach beta? I haven't played Halo 3 or ODST in ages. Thought they were awful. Reach is pretty damn fun though. Surprising.

Tried it yesterday. Never played ODST that much. Just stuck to Halo 3 for mindless relaxation. Reach was pretty cool. It was different. Took a little while to get used to the controls for me, not sure why they switched them up.

The changes to the maps make them useless to me, too confusing. But i did like how you can tell if a person is on a different level/story than you, not just right around the corner.

They're completely new maps. Why would people buy new games if it were the same exact maps each time. I understand throwing a couple remakes in there, but thats it.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 04, 2010, 02:09:25 PM »
but it's still sold 2x as many copies as world at war.
:lol: :flush:
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 04, 2010, 02:17:47 PM »
Anyone playing the Halo: Reach beta? I haven't played Halo 3 or ODST in ages. Thought they were awful. Reach is pretty damn fun though. Surprising.

Tried it yesterday. Never played ODST that much. Just stuck to Halo 3 for mindless relaxation. Reach was pretty cool. It was different. Took a little while to get used to the controls for me, not sure why they switched them up.

The changes to the maps make them useless to me, too confusing. But i did like how you can tell if a person is on a different level/story than you, not just right around the corner.

They're completely new maps. Why would people buy new games if it were the same exact maps each time. I understand throwing a couple remakes in there, but thats it.

crap....i meant radar, not maps. I get the new maps part. They were pretty cool. Sorry if that sounded dobbish.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 02:35:23 PM by WillieWannabe »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 04, 2010, 02:25:07 PM »
but it's still sold 2x as many copies as world at war.
:lol: :flush:
your game envy is duely noted.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 04, 2010, 03:11:27 PM »

crap....i meant radar, not maps. I get the new maps part. They were pretty cool. Sorry if that sounded dobbish.

You made up for it with that comment.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 04, 2010, 04:50:47 PM »
Fallout 3 is pissing me off. Is it just me, or did it take anyone else awhile to get into this game?
EMAW

Offline Perry

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 05, 2010, 04:23:48 PM »
Loving the Reach beta. Really different game experience from previous Halo games. Will certainly purchase it upon release. Armor ability is completely hacks right now, been dominating with it.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 05, 2010, 04:59:12 PM »
Loving the Reach beta. Really different game experience from previous Halo games. Will certainly purchase it upon release. Armor ability is completely hacks right now, been dominating with it.

I don't do video game speak...wtf is that?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 05, 2010, 05:11:25 PM »

I don't do video game speak...wtf is that?
this thread, the one labeled "Video games master thread", isn't for you.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 05, 2010, 06:20:00 PM »
I've watched a few vids of Halo Reach and this is what my initial opinion...

"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: May 05, 2010, 07:18:44 PM »
I've watched a few vids of Halo Reach and this is what my initial opinion...

No idea how someone comes up with that, but whatever.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 05, 2010, 08:51:20 PM »
World at War "War" on Groundwar is very fun IMO.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 05, 2010, 09:35:47 PM »
I just bought the Xbox 360 Elite Spring Bundle today. The box says there is a one month free membership to Xbox Live Gold. There is no card with a code included with the box so how do I redeem it? tia

Offline goldenticket

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 06, 2010, 06:18:36 AM »
i think its on a piece of paper not a credit card like piece of plastic. so double check everything if you still cant find it i bet you could call their service # and complain and get one. its worth it alone for streaming netflix

« Reply #214 on: May 06, 2010, 08:03:37 AM »
Streaming Netflix rocks.  :pbj:

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 06, 2010, 08:25:02 AM »
Saw gameplay for NCAA football 11....and. This is the year they got it right. Its Madden, but improved (gameplay)
EMAW

Offline Perry

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 06, 2010, 04:07:24 PM »
I hope the Wildcat found it's way into the NCAA 11 playbook. Seemed awful lame that it was in Madden but not NCAA 10. Probably not gonna buy it this year if the only changes are some slightly more realistic looking animations, and I didn't see any gang tackling in the video either. Not a bad game, just not worth getting it every year.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 06, 2010, 04:43:10 PM »
I hope the Wildcat found it's way into the NCAA 11 playbook. Seemed awful lame that it was in Madden but not NCAA 10. Probably not gonna buy it this year if the only changes are some slightly more realistic looking animations, and I didn't see any gang tackling in the video either. Not a bad game, just not worth getting it every year.
It was. Use florida's playbook. "gator heavy". You can substitute a fast reciever or running back in place of your quarterback, and bam you have the "wildcat" And yes it should be in 11
EMAW

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 06, 2010, 04:59:42 PM »
In 2003, I just did a substitution. The series must have really gone down hill...

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 06, 2010, 05:14:19 PM »
Well I didn't get my one month free gold membership.  :flush:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
- chunkles

Offline Perry

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 07, 2010, 06:29:12 AM »
It was. Use florida's playbook. "gator heavy". You can substitute a fast reciever or running back in place of your quarterback, and bam you have the "wildcat" And yes it should be in 11
Too lazy. Also, I'm pretty attached to Mizzou's playbook right now. Don't understand why there's no legit wildcat package yet, and it seems like it'd be worth mentioning in that video that goes over the different offenses if it was indeed included. Oh well, that 60 bucks can go to Reach or Fable 3 instead  :shy:

« Reply #223 on: May 07, 2010, 07:59:51 AM »
MW 2 is amazing. :cheers:

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 07, 2010, 08:04:09 AM »
Well I didn't get my one month free gold membership.  :flush:

Don't you just setup a new Xbox Live user ID from the Xbox and it automatically gives you the free month? I believe that's the way I did mine, and I did my son's too.