Author Topic: is there an official doug gottlieb thread?  (Read 67246 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: is there an official doug gottlieb thread?
« Reply #200 on: March 27, 2012, 01:01:13 PM »
thought it was kinda funny how he said it was a great job and then proceeds to say "ehh he wouldn't come" to the first 10 guys soren mentions.

He gave Mack a chance!

And shot down Pearl. The "no one has been hired" point seemed solid, I don't see Currie being the AD to make that breakthrough (if that talking point is true).

I would have liked that point if someone had tried to hire a coach with a show cause, no one has so I don't know how he could be so sure that it wouldn't happen.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 27, 2012, 01:15:59 PM »
thought it was kinda funny how he said it was a great job and then proceeds to say "ehh he wouldn't come" to the first 10 guys soren mentions.

Funny in a kick in the balls kind of way. I didn't like his show cause explanation either. Of course, no one really knows what this show cause thing means.

at least they say/spell it right.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 27, 2012, 01:17:14 PM »

Funny in a kick in the balls kind of way. I didn't like his show cause explanation either. Of course, no one really knows what this show cause thing means.

at least they say/spell it right.

:frown:

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 27, 2012, 01:50:35 PM »
Show-cause doesn't mean you can't hire the guy. It means if you hire him, he and the institution must both submit letters to the NCAA stating they both will comply with the restrictions imposed by NCAA. They must report detailed compliance every six months until the penalty expires or employment ends. The risk is if other violations occur, then the school and the coach are both screwed. If you hire the guy and you don't want the imposed penalties, you have to go to the NCAA and "show-cause" as to why the penalties should no longer apply.

In other words hire Pearl now. He just can't recruit until Aug 2014.

Offline D-FRED-BROWN

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 29, 2012, 05:26:32 PM »
mods, is there an official #Gottlieb4KSU thread?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 29, 2012, 06:04:35 PM »
mods, is there an official #Gottlieb4KSU thread?

it's the coaching search thread and I may rename it. 

Offline jaa1025

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 29, 2012, 06:21:08 PM »
Not sure if it's been discussed. oscar Pearl HC, Doug Gottlieb assistant HC? Doug will be an amazing recruiter for Pearl.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 29, 2012, 07:46:40 PM »
Not sure if it's been discussed. oscar Pearl HC, Doug Gottlieb assistant HC? Doug will be an amazing recruiter for Pearl.
You just got me pregnant.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 30, 2012, 01:19:43 AM »
You just got me pregnant.

You should name that bastard Doug.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 03, 2012, 12:48:02 PM »
DG on Petro right now.

Said that he lives by the motto of when you want something go get it. This is why he openly campaigned for K-State job. "Look, if you've got a crush on the hottest girl in high school, go ask her out."

:blush:

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: April 03, 2012, 12:55:19 PM »
Listening to him talk is making me sad. He had a plan and knows every player on our roster including strengths and weaknesses. Yet we hired a guy with no plan and has no idea who is on our team that thinks he needs to recruit KS to win. :cry:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 03, 2012, 12:57:33 PM »
doug is so emaw. It's nice to hear him fight for us.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 03, 2012, 12:57:41 PM »
Listening to him talk is making me sad. He had a plan and knows every player on our roster including strengths and weaknesses. Yet we hired a guy with no plan and has no idea who is on our team that thinks he needs to recruit KS to win. :cry:

Look at what oscar is holding when he gets out of the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=pLuHR5CwXqM#t=13s

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 03, 2012, 12:59:25 PM »
listening to doug is not what i should do. it only depresses me. if there's one thing i am unhappy about with the whole thing, it's that doug didn't get a chance.

past that, he makes good points in basically saying there's no one we could have gotten that would satisfy everyone.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 03, 2012, 01:00:07 PM »
Yet we hired a guy with no plan and has no idea who is on our team that thinks he needs to recruit KS to win. :cry:

I wanted Gottlieb too, but these talking points are silly.

It may not work, but I firmly believe that Weber has a plan that he believes will win games and that he knows he's got to recruit players to win. And he knows he won't get all that talent from Kansas.

And Doug is doing everything in his power to defend the hire.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 03, 2012, 01:04:39 PM »
Yet we hired a guy with no plan and has no idea who is on our team that thinks he needs to recruit KS to win. :cry:

It may not work, but I firmly believe that Weber has a plan that he believes will win games and that he knows he's got to recruit players to win. And he knows he won't get all that talent from Kansas.

Doesn't it piss you off a little that Doug didn't get a chance? I mean Weber was interviewed on Day 1 or 2 of the search and the presser was rushed so he could avoid pressure to talk to Doug.

Offline EMAW SP8

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 03, 2012, 01:06:51 PM »

Look at what oscar is holding when he gets out of the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=pLuHR5CwXqM#t=13s

JFC...the writing's on the car even...SLT.  eff :blank:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 03, 2012, 01:08:57 PM »
Doesn't it piss you off a little that Doug didn't get a chance? I mean Weber was interviewed on Day 1 or 2 of the search and the presser was rushed so he could avoid pressure to talk to Doug.

Yeah, but I'm not "burn it all down" mad. I don't agree with the criteria, but I understand what Currie was doing and I don't think it was a conspiracy to destroy Kansas State basketball.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 03, 2012, 01:10:03 PM »

Yeah, but I'm not "burn it all down" mad. I don't agree with the criteria, but I understand what Currie was doing and I don't think it was a conspiracy to destroy Kansas State basketball.

I don't either, I think it was a conspiracy to get out of town ASAP. What happens after a season or 2 wasn't considered.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 03, 2012, 01:13:31 PM »

I think he just took the money and thought he would figure it out as time passed and if not, at least he is richer. :dunno:

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 03, 2012, 08:22:41 PM »
Lowery was one DG's's hypothetical assistants.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 03, 2012, 08:28:17 PM »
Lowery was one DG's's hypothetical assistants.

earth to luke_mcmw, DG didn't have any hypothetical assistants.  he simply copied B-Dubs when pressed by petro today because he couldn't think of a good answer himself.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 03, 2012, 10:05:10 PM »

I don't either, I think it was a conspiracy to get out of town ASAP. What happens after a season or 2 wasn't considered.

This brings up a point that's been bothering me.  It seems that this talking point of all the guerilla warfare minions.  So, if you believe this, why the big hope to make basketball the suck fast so he gets fired?  Why not watch two more good years, let currie ride off into the sunset, then we have a new ad ready to make his own hire if basketball slips.  Seems like a "cut off your nose to spite your face" thing.  I get not liking the hire.  I dont like it.  But the "burn it down" movement is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 03, 2012, 10:09:31 PM »

This brings up a point that's been bothering me.  It seems that this talking point of all the guerilla warfare minions.  So, if you believe this, why the big hope to make basketball the suck fast so he gets fired?  Why not watch two more good years, let currie ride off into the sunset, then we have a new ad ready to make his own hire if basketball slips.  Seems like a "cut off your nose to spite your face" thing.  I get not liking the hire.  I dont like it.  But the "burn it down" movement is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

You know the new hire won't be able to run Weber. Weber will have 2 OK years, and I almost guarantee he will be here for at least 6. It will be a long, slow decline to irrelevance.