Author Topic: neighbor stories  (Read 62489 times)

Offline Pittcat

• Resident Purveyor of Above Avererage Staplers.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: neighbor stories
« Reply #275 on: February 06, 2013, 07:22:06 AM »
Fiance and I just bought a house (she lives there now, no living in sin for us) and one of the neighbors was nice enough to clear off the sidewalk for us when it snowed last week. That's pretty neat.

Which one of the Spani girls are you marrying?

Not a Spani, but she had a kid so we're setting a "good example". Like the kid isn't going to figure it out eventually anyways.
She has a kid, you're not living together until you get married, you bought a house that only she is living in, and "someone" shoveled the walk for her. Ask her what his name is.

Have you guys meet in person yet?

:lol:
3021  RIP

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 06, 2013, 08:40:23 AM »
Fiance and I just bought a house (she lives there now, no living in sin for us) and one of the neighbors was nice enough to clear off the sidewalk for us when it snowed last week. That's pretty neat.

Which one of the Spani girls are you marrying?

Not a Spani, but she had a kid so we're setting a "good example". Like the kid isn't going to figure it out eventually anyways.
She has a kid, you're not living together until you get married, you bought a house that only she is living in, and "someone" shoveled the walk for her. Ask her what his name is.

Have you guys meet in person yet?

No, why do you ask?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 06, 2013, 10:04:46 AM »
Yeah, the new neighbor is trying to bang your fiance. 

Also, LOL at living in sin.  Ppl that don't live together before really seem to be rolling the dice.  I mean, little things can't be hid from each other when you live there.

Little things like if she takes the trash out or if she bangs the neighbor.

Little things are important.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 06, 2013, 11:37:24 AM »
Yeah, the new neighbor is trying to bang your fiance. 

Also, LOL at living in sin.  Ppl that don't live together before really seem to be rolling the dice.  I mean, little things can't be hid from each other when you live there.

Little things like if she takes the trash out or if she bangs the neighbor.

Little things are important.

According to researchers at the University of Denver, couples who lived together before they were engaged have a higher divorce rate and lower marital satisfaction than those who waited until they were married, or at least engaged, to shack up.

Couples who play house pre-engagement are especially doomed for failure if, as many people do, they live together before marriage as a means of testing the relationship. Word of advice: if you feel the need to test your relationship, you probably already know something's wrong with it.

But researchers think this is where another factor comes into play. Rather than treating cohabitation as a profound and lifelong commitment, couples treat it as another stage of dating. So they're quicker to agree to do it than they would be to marry. But once they're living together, they find out breaking up can be next to impossible. Financially they adjust to having just one rent and utilities payment, and all of their stuff is there. A sort of inertia sets in.

After a few years of this, everybody in your life starts pressuring them to get married and they do it, because "that's just what people do."

Offline Willesgirl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 06, 2013, 12:07:37 PM »

Hey 06,
One vote here for not living together before you're married. Ignore these guys! They're all going to have at least three wives.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 06, 2013, 12:10:41 PM »
The ppl that study describes sound like real losers.  Was this study focused solely on ppl that are losers?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 06, 2013, 12:12:10 PM »

Hey 06,
One vote here for not living together before you're married. Ignore these guys! They're all going to have at least three wives.

Please.  Married 11yrs now and happier now than we ever have been.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 06, 2013, 12:14:39 PM »

Hey 06,

Please.  Married 11yrs 12yrs now and happier now than we ever have been.
Not sure on the bold'd part Mrs. Gooch will need to confirm.  :ohno:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 06, 2013, 12:20:19 PM »
you guys are really old.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 06, 2013, 12:33:02 PM »
So that study stevesie quoted must be skewed because the bloc of people that believe in not living together before marriage includes (but isn't limited to) the ultra-religious/conservative people who would not live together before marriage, and would also suffer through a miserable life before getting divorced.
:adios:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: February 06, 2013, 12:36:26 PM »
So that study stevesie quoted must be skewed because the bloc of people that believe in not living together before marriage includes (but isn't limited to) the ultra-religious/conservative people who would not live together before marriage, and would also suffer through a miserable life before getting divorced.

The church has a higher divorce rate in America than secular couples.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 06, 2013, 12:37:44 PM »

The people that go to church on occasion, or those that would identify as very religious?  That surprises me, though.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 06, 2013, 12:39:16 PM »

The people that go to church on occasion, or those that would identify as very religious?  That surprises me, though.

I'm pretty sure it's church members.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 06, 2013, 12:40:22 PM »
Would love to see some comparos of the divorce rate of non-dumbasses compare to that of dumbasses.

I mean, I think that would really help ppl in analyzing their personal situations. 

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 06, 2013, 12:45:30 PM »
If you are married, don't go to church, or you'll probably get divorced.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 06, 2013, 12:46:22 PM »
Wikipedia, bitches:

Barna report:
Variation in divorce rates by religion:
Religion    % have been divorced
Jews    30%
Born-again Christians    27%
Other Christians    24%
Atheists, Agnostics    21%

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 06, 2013, 01:00:47 PM »

Hey 06,

We are going on 13 and I am right there with you.
@mikec2w

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 06, 2013, 01:05:09 PM »
According to researchers at the University of Denver, couples who lived together before they were engaged have a higher divorce rate and lower marital satisfaction than those who waited until they were married, or at least engaged, to shack up.

Couples who play house pre-engagement are especially doomed for failure if, as many people do, they live together before marriage as a means of testing the relationship. Word of advice: if you feel the need to test your relationship, you probably already know something's wrong with it.

But researchers think this is where another factor comes into play. Rather than treating cohabitation as a profound and lifelong commitment, couples treat it as another stage of dating. So they're quicker to agree to do it than they would be to marry. But once they're living together, they find out breaking up can be next to impossible. Financially they adjust to having just one rent and utilities payment, and all of their stuff is there. A sort of inertia sets in.

After a few years of this, everybody in your life starts pressuring them to get married and they do it, because "that's just what people do."

This has not been my experience.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 06, 2013, 01:07:34 PM »

This has not been my experience.

What's quoted is true for people who are less fortunate than to have degrees and jobs and financial independence.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 06, 2013, 01:15:24 PM »
(sniff sniff)  Smells like Sodom and Gomorrah in here. 

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 06, 2013, 01:24:38 PM »

Hey 06,

:thumbs:

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 06, 2013, 05:36:22 PM »
Your town is collectively sending you guys a message.   And that message is suck it/move out.

I won't give up on our town just yet.

Time to clean this dump up.

So I talked to some people around town today and come to find out this crap has been happening all over the place. 

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 06, 2013, 05:40:39 PM »
I'm going to start leaving gifts on my front porch (a peace offering of sorts) so the hooligans will leave my place alone.  What do trouble makers fancy these days?   :dunno:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 05:46:00 PM by Bloodfart »

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 06, 2013, 05:52:38 PM »
JFC bunch of savages in here. Hope I don't live next to any of you sinners.

Not really. As stated before, this arrangement is primarily for the benefit of my soon-to-be stepchild. As for divorce, we're a sociological checklist of what to do before getting married by having our education paid for, no debt outside a few mortgages, stable jobs etc.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 06, 2013, 06:01:03 PM »
I'm going to start leaving gifts on my front porch (a peace offering of sorts) so the hooligans will leave my place alone.  What do trouble makers fancy these days?   :dunno:

5th of jack.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite