Author Topic: neighbor stories  (Read 62491 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: neighbor stories
« Reply #400 on: May 30, 2013, 01:51:35 AM »
Every night this week the people across the street have been outside in the street yelling the n word a lot and almost fought each other.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 30, 2013, 02:52:11 AM »
Have I ever told you about my neighbor who only eats take-out or delivery? I meet one of the delivery guys coming in to the complex on my way to work every day. I used to see him on my way to class every day this summer with a fast food sack.  :barf:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 30, 2013, 10:01:01 AM »
One of my neighbors is insanely fat.  I think I've talked about how I know I'm sort of an bad person so my diminutive sensitive side kicks in overdrive and says "well maybe he has a thyroid condition." And then you see him at the grocery store buying two gallons of ice cream or a cake or a plastic tin of cupcakes.  Poor rough rider is going to die young. 

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 30, 2013, 12:26:21 PM »
Every night this week the people across the street have been outside in the street yelling the n word a lot and almost fought each other.

Where do you live?
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 30, 2013, 12:30:59 PM »

Stop changing the subject dlew.  Is your neighbor dead or what?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: May 30, 2013, 12:33:19 PM »
Where do you live?
The Village in Savoy.

Stop changing the subject dlew.  Is your neighbor dead or what?
Good grief.  Yes.  She's long gone.  People die all the time.  Get over it.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 17, 2015, 12:02:49 AM »
calling the cops on your neighbor (not that one) when they are blasting music at midnight on a monday... yay or nay?  i feel like an old fuddy duddy, but i'm almost to that point
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 17, 2015, 12:03:39 AM »
should mention that the offender is mid 50's probably.  i would be a lot more understanding of college kids

The Big Train

« Reply #408 on: February 17, 2015, 12:04:12 AM »
seems to me you just have a case of the mondays

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 17, 2015, 12:04:12 AM »
calling the cops on your neighbor (not that one) when they are blasting music at midnight on a monday... yay or nay?  i feel like an old fuddy duddy, but i'm almost to that point

Knock on the door with a 30 pack and ask if you can join the party.
@mikec2w

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 17, 2015, 12:05:12 AM »
i hate this woman with a passion, xocolate thundarr.  she's probably already had a case of natty and who knows what else.  i have no interest in dealing with her personally

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 17, 2015, 12:54:07 AM »
tapatalk preview instantly makes me think of digdogger

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 17, 2015, 01:14:32 AM »
i hate this woman with a passion, xocolate thundarr.  she's probably already had a case of natty and who knows what else.  i have no interest in dealing with her personally

You need to move.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 17, 2015, 07:00:13 AM »
She must read goEMAW.com because a minute after I posted this she shut off her music after 4 hours of "everybody hurts"  on repeat

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 17, 2015, 07:26:46 AM »
Yesterday I woke up to my downstairs neighbor running up and down the interior stairs of our apartment building in his tightey whities yelling to some imaginary friend. When I left for work he was standing at attention in front of the front door wearing a backpack and holding a pair of shoes in one hand, still dressed in only his underwear. I have no idea what was going on.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #415 on: February 17, 2015, 07:47:24 AM »
Yesterday I woke up to my downstairs neighbor running up and down the interior stairs of our apartment building in his tightey whities yelling to some imaginary friend. When I left for work he was standing at attention in front of the front door wearing a backpack and holding a pair of shoes in one hand, still dressed in only his underwear. I have no idea what was going on.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 17, 2015, 07:49:59 AM »
:lol:

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 17, 2015, 09:23:01 AM »
She must read goEMAW.com because a minute after I posted this she shut off her music after 4 hours of "everybody hurts"  on repeat

About 5 years ago our neighbor threw a huge party. He has a few pretty large ones every year, it's not usually too bad unless the weather is warm and enough people venture onto his deck in the early morning hours. But this night there were probably twice as many cars on the street, and the volume was much louder than normal. The next morning I notice the party is still going on, and there is a tour bus parked in front of our yards. Turns out it was the band "Blue October."

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 17, 2015, 11:17:27 AM »

About 5 years ago our neighbor threw a huge party. He has a few pretty large ones every year, it's not usually too bad unless the weather is warm and enough people venture onto his deck in the early morning hours. But this night there were probably twice as many cars on the street, and the volume was much louder than normal. The next morning I notice the party is still going on, and there is a tour bus parked in front of our yards. Turns out it was the band "Blue October."

:thumbs:  Sounds like a cool bunch of people.
@mikec2w

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 17, 2015, 01:29:10 PM »
They are. He also is a flooring expert and master tiler, which has helped us a ton as we start projects.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #420 on: February 17, 2015, 05:07:01 PM »
dlew, did you ever find out if your neighbor lady died?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 02, 2016, 11:39:51 PM »
So I live in an area of Overland Park that is rumored to have a thriving swinger community. I've heard they mark their houses with a large white rock in the front yard, but I've also heard they use gazing balls.

Anyway, shortly after learning about this, I notice my next door neighbors have this big white rock and a purple gazing ball in their front landscaping. I've only talked to the wife twice, and I don't know the guy very well, but he's always outdoors working on his lawn (he's that prick who has the best the lawn on the block, but he's also pretty nice). So I go up and talk to him about his lawn for a while, and then I decide to just ask him point blank. Hey, I noticed you have this big whtie rock and that gazing ball. Might seem like a weird question, but are you a swinger? He kind of looked at me funny and said no. But the next day, the gazing ball is gone from the front yard. He still lets me borrow tools and stuff, though.

He must have been the 1 guy on the block that genuinely enjoyed having white rocks and gazing balls on his lawn, and you just ruined it for him. Can confirm this swinger culture though as my friend used to have a summer job mowing lawns in said neighborhood and one time he saw a 'party' through a window.

Also can confirm.  My old boss bought a house in similar neighborhood when he moved here from east coast. First lawn work he did was had all the mulch replaced with small white decorative rock.  He eventually had it all removed and replaced with something else because he was uncomfortable with the attention it brought.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
neighbor stories
« Reply #422 on: December 03, 2016, 06:20:03 AM »
That was posted on our neighborhood facebook page. The people she refers to responded with how they were excited to have her in the group. Now it's deleted :sdeek:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 03, 2016, 06:54:18 AM »
Lol.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 03, 2016, 10:04:38 AM »
I always suspected Marla and Chad were getting down.