Author Topic: 2015 Recruiting thread, The Bread Basket  (Read 298717 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Recruiting thread, The Bread Basket
« Reply #1350 on: March 29, 2015, 10:41:39 PM »
_FAN, all of his games at the JUCO tourney are archived on NJCAA TV.

I watched a little. Don't know how I feel. I guess numbers tell the truth.

He seems very active on the glass for a PG. Body wise and movement wise, he reminds me of Sherron Collins. He's a big kid that could stand to lose a few pounds to be honest. If he weighs under 200, I'd be stunned.

i just watched most of the first half of the game with south plains.  i kinda like his game.  well below average athletically, but seems strong.  long arms.  comfortable in traffic.  really good passer.  more in a ball mover way than a throws dobs way, but real unselfish.  stats suggest he can't shoot much, but he looked comfortable trying.  seems like he could be an interesting post up guard if anyone wanted to try him at that.

i'd describe him as something like a spradling/akeem wright cross.  maybe could be a good piece on a team that has some scorers that need the ball moved to them.  not sure if he's going to be a guy that keeps anyone from being fired.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: March 29, 2015, 10:47:31 PM »

He seems very active on the glass for a PG. Body wise and movement wise, he reminds me of Sherron Collins. He's a big kid that could stand to lose a few pounds to be honest. If he weighs under 200, I'd be stunned.

i just watched most of the first half of the game with south plains.  i kinda like his game.  well below average athletically, but seems strong.  long arms.  comfortable in traffic.  really good passer.  more in a ball mover way than a throws dobs way, but real unselfish.  stats suggest he can't shoot much, but he looked comfortable trying.  seems like he could be an interesting post up guard if anyone wanted to try him at that.

i'd describe him as something like a spradling/akeem wright cross.  maybe could be a good piece on a team that has some scorers that need the ball moved to them.  not sure if he's going to be a guy that keeps anyone from being fired.

I was disappointed in his ability to finish we he got into the lane. Seems like he will be a very solid defender. Sees the floor really well.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1352 on: March 29, 2015, 10:48:37 PM »
The second half against Tyler is impressive.  He sat most of the first half with foul trouble, but he keyed a huge run to put them away.  He showed a propensity to get to the rim and finish there.  I really like his rebounding ability.

I'm guessing his weight may be keeping people away.  Hard to say.

I'm guessing he does well on the try hard chart.  He's very active.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: March 30, 2015, 07:11:17 AM »
Ervin was player of the year in his JUCO region and likely a JUCO all american. We'll see, but it seems like he's probably better than the kid from cloud. Seems likely he'll be better than jevon, not that this necessarily means a lot.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: March 30, 2015, 08:55:40 AM »

I was disappointed in his ability to finish we he got into the lane. Seems like he will be a very solid defender. Sees the floor really well.

So fat Jevon?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: March 30, 2015, 08:58:03 AM »

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: March 30, 2015, 11:06:58 AM »
How is Ervin at layups? 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: March 30, 2015, 11:26:20 AM »
How is Ervin at layups? 

He shot 53.4% overall, 29.5% on 3s, and 58.6% on 2s. FT rate of 56.6% while making 67.2%. 8.3 assists, 3.6 TOs, assist:TO of 2.3.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1358 on: March 30, 2015, 11:34:03 AM »
How is Ervin at layups? 

He shot 53.4% overall, 29.5% on 3s, and 58.6% on 2s. FT rate of 56.6% while making 67.2%. 8.3 assists, 3.6 TOs, assist:TO of 2.3.

In the limited action I saw, Ervin wasn't that careless with the ball.  I think he tried to do some things with interior passing that his bigs just didn't have the hands for.

Not saying ours have better hands, but the positive is that Ervin was able to just take over games, even at the NJCAA tournament.  He scored 23 in the second half against Tyler.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: March 30, 2015, 11:42:10 AM »
feels like a Wooly recruit, doesn't it?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: March 30, 2015, 11:52:40 AM »

I'm not sure about that, he may be more like Fred Peete actually.

He's not a great 3PT shooter, but he's got a high FG% for a guard while being in the top 5 nationally in attempts. #1 in assists. Top 5 in FT attempts. (from the stats I could find) I'm not sure how deep the talent level is in JUCO basketball this year, but I'd say you can argue he's the top PG/combo in JUCO.

FWIW, for some reason Oklahoma JUCO players aren't ranked at all on 247sports, even though Connor State was in the top of the JUCO rankings all season.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: March 30, 2015, 11:55:45 AM »

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: March 30, 2015, 11:58:06 AM »
Its also weird that I've seen his first name spelled three different ways: Corlbe, Corlby, and Carlbe.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: March 30, 2015, 11:59:21 AM »

did you see how he high stepped after that dunk? oscar is going to have his hands full containing this prima donna. gotta get that behavior under control. #family

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: March 30, 2015, 12:02:58 PM »

did you see how he high stepped after that dunk? oscar is going to have his hands full containing this prima donna. gotta get that behavior under control. #family

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: March 30, 2015, 12:05:42 PM »

yes, but more because of the existing team he's joining than anything about him.  martin recruited a lot of jucos, some decorated, some not, but then they got here and sat on on the bench or filled spot roles.  you have to go back to wooly for a time when kstate was recruiting jucos to come in and immediately fill major holes on the team (i guess blake young for huggins was expected to better fill a hole than he ended up filling it.  and they just missed on that other juco guard they wanted too).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: March 30, 2015, 12:08:32 PM »

yes, but more because of the existing team he's joining than anything about him.  martin recruited a lot of jucos, some decorated, some not, but then they got here and sat on on the bench or filled spot roles.  you have to go back to wooly for a time when kstate was recruiting jucos to come in and immediately fill major holes on the team (i guess blake young for huggins was expected to better fill a hole than he ended up filling it.  and they just missed on that other juco guard they wanted too).

I'm still mad at Frank Huggins for not going after Marcus Thornton when he was practically begging to come here.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: March 30, 2015, 12:41:55 PM »
oscar's purple socks  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: March 30, 2015, 12:46:58 PM »
 :lol: Jeriaan's cover photo.  :surprised:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: March 30, 2015, 12:58:11 PM »
go get him oscar!

Offline illBisonYourdele

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: March 30, 2015, 01:08:54 PM »
does not seem very excited to be with oscar

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: March 30, 2015, 01:10:29 PM »

I'm still mad at Frank Huggins for not going after Marcus Thornton when he was practically begging to come here.

Yeah, that was infuriating.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: March 30, 2015, 01:14:52 PM »
Its also weird that I've seen his first name spelled three different ways: Corlbe, Corlby, and Carlbe.

If his weight continues to be an issue, we should call him Carlbe's Jr.