Author Topic: 2015 Recruiting thread, The Bread Basket  (Read 296520 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Recruiting thread, The Bread Basket
« Reply #1375 on: March 30, 2015, 01:16:56 PM »
 :lol:

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: March 30, 2015, 01:37:35 PM »
Jeriaan's cover photo.  :surprised:
Also drives a Benz

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: March 30, 2015, 01:40:12 PM »
From the article:

It’s worth noting that Creighton technically has no room for either player visiting this weekend; they have nine returning scholarship players and four incoming players (Khyri Thomas, Marlon Stewart, Martin Krampelj, and Justin Patton), meaning someone has to go if they get a commitment from either Trent or Mulder. Draw whatever conclusions from that you will.

That may work in our favor for both, if we're still interested in Mulder.  It sounds like he wanted to play at WSU, but he may be wide open if Marshall goes to Texas and Creighton doesn't have room.

And I'm throwing up in my mouth by saying that I hope WSU loses their coach and Creighton is full so we can get a JUCO guy from Canada.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: March 30, 2015, 01:59:19 PM »
From the article:

It’s worth noting that Creighton technically has no room for either player visiting this weekend; they have nine returning scholarship players and four incoming players (Khyri Thomas, Marlon Stewart, Martin Krampelj, and Justin Patton), meaning someone has to go if they get a commitment from either Trent or Mulder. Draw whatever conclusions from that you will.

That may work in our favor for both, if we're still interested in Mulder.  It sounds like he wanted to play at WSU, but he may be wide open if Marshall goes to Texas and Creighton doesn't have room.

And I'm throwing up in my mouth by saying that I hope WSU loses their coach and Creighton is full so we can get a JUCO guy from Canada.

USCjr is also over signed by one as of now, I believe. Assume if we are serious with Jamall Gregory he will have an in home next. 

I wonder how many in homes the staff has available. Also how many officials we have left. With such a big class we are at risk of maximizing out both.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: March 30, 2015, 02:00:04 PM »

yeah, this feels very much like wooly recruiting.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: March 30, 2015, 02:10:43 PM »

No players from the Ivory Coast yet.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: March 30, 2015, 02:13:11 PM »

Or French volleyball players.

Though Ervin kinda reminds me of Jarrett Hart.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: March 30, 2015, 02:15:24 PM »

Hey, I was excited about that guy.  That was some out-of-the-box thinking.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: March 30, 2015, 02:16:16 PM »

It's a lot like Jon Hamm finding cricket pitchers in India to come pitch MLB.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: March 30, 2015, 02:18:23 PM »

At that point under Wooly, any out of the box thing was kind of exciting.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: March 30, 2015, 02:21:12 PM »

Remember that one kid, I think his name was Carlos Morias or something like that?  He was supposedly amazing, and then he went to play pro ball in Africa.

I was so excited and then so crushed.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: March 30, 2015, 02:27:45 PM »

Remember that one kid, I think his name was Carlos Morias or something like that?  He was supposedly amazing, and then he went to play pro ball in Africa.

I was so excited and then so crushed.

He was from Angola and ended up at that weird prep school (Community Christian) in Georgia. His teammate was Ousmane Cisse (also from Ivory Coast) who committed for a while to K-State as well, but didn't make grades and went JUCO. Morais went back to Angola the summer after his JR year and never came back. He was supposedly going to end up a Top 100 player if he had stayed.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: March 30, 2015, 02:28:33 PM »
played in the olympics and had a preseason spell in the nba!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Morais_%28basketball%29
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: March 30, 2015, 02:29:31 PM »
Carlos Morias and Ousmane Cisse. man you guys are stirring up some emotions. i watched so many eight second vid clips of them dunking when i was a teenager.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: March 30, 2015, 02:33:19 PM »
While competing for an African championship title in 2003, Morais was noticed by an American scout.

“I was a junior at the time. … One of the guys from Kansas State [University] saw me, and he invited me to play for Kansas State, but he said I had to spend some time in high school to learn English.”

On the advice of the scout, Morais left his home country to attend Community Christian School in Georgia. But his pursuit of his big-league dreams was quickly put on hold. He returned home to Angola one year later to be with his family.

“My mom got sick, and I had to go back to support her and the rest of the family,” said Morais, the oldest of seven children. “The money situation wasn’t very good, so I had to take a job to support the family.

the "scout" was salinas, correct?  the dobo (or was he a coach?) that brought c. martin and was supposed to bring that other houston big?  then his father stole some of martin's money and also of a bunch of coaches.

maybe it was a different "scout" and i'm just conflating the different attempts to somehow get some players.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/basketball/from-angola-to-raptors-camp-moraiss-big-dream-within-reach/article14712969/

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: March 30, 2015, 02:36:29 PM »
maybe it was elgas.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: March 30, 2015, 02:39:18 PM »
While competing for an African championship title in 2003, Morais was noticed by an American scout.

“I was a junior at the time. … One of the guys from Kansas State [University] saw me, and he invited me to play for Kansas State, but he said I had to spend some time in high school to learn English.”

On the advice of the scout, Morais left his home country to attend Community Christian School in Georgia. But his pursuit of his big-league dreams was quickly put on hold. He returned home to Angola one year later to be with his family.

“My mom got sick, and I had to go back to support her and the rest of the family,” said Morais, the oldest of seven children. “The money situation wasn’t very good, so I had to take a job to support the family.

the "scout" was salinas, correct?  the dobo (or was he a coach?) that brought c. martin and was supposed to bring that other houston big?  then his father stole some of martin's money and also of a bunch of coaches.

maybe it was a different "scout" and i'm just conflating the different attempts to somehow get some players.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/basketball/from-angola-to-raptors-camp-moraiss-big-dream-within-reach/article14712969/

I'm not sure who the connection was with Cisse and Morais, but I don't think it was Salinas then.

Salinas and his Houston connections were supposed to bring us Joseph Jones as well, but then Weiser put a stop to that. (supposedly)

It seemed like Baker was going overseas to recruit when we were in on the African guys.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: March 30, 2015, 02:42:04 PM »
yeah, coulda been baker.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: March 30, 2015, 02:49:31 PM »
From the article:

https://twitter.com/jdemling/status/582629220263849985

lolz

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: March 30, 2015, 02:56:40 PM »

Salinas was the son of this guy that was huge in the Houston AAU
http://www.si.com/vault/2011/08/01/106093186/the-man-with-a-scam

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: March 30, 2015, 02:59:58 PM »
Welp, bye Mulder.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: March 30, 2015, 03:03:16 PM »
Welp, bye Mulder.

Until Nigel is confirmed gone, we've only got 1 left to give, correct?

Gregory or Trent seem like they'd be decent if we can land one of the two. :dunno:

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: March 30, 2015, 03:05:57 PM »
Welp, bye Mulder.

Until Nigel is confirmed gone, we've only got 1 left to give, correct?

Gregory or Trent seem like they'd be decent if we can land one of the two. :dunno:

That's what it sounds like, yes.  I'd rather have Gregory or Trent, but I guess that I'm scared that we're probably at the back of the line for both.