Author Topic: 2015 Recruiting thread, The Bread Basket  (Read 296452 times)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: 2015 Recruiting thread
« Reply #500 on: August 28, 2014, 10:01:54 AM »
If we were to get Brown and Roach, along with Cobb and Wade, I wonder if the additional Brucing would be Jevon or Nigel?

Two PG's in the same class, especially one with limited offensive abilities, may be a potential transfer.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 28, 2014, 10:13:16 AM »
Jevon and Nigel have both got glowing reviews this summer, I don't see it happening.

Gip -> Cobb
Nino -> Brown
Krap -> Wade
Tre -> Roach

There is also the chance Bolden doesn't develop but he has such an incredible high ceiling.

Essentially if you land Roach you have to make room for him and it is natural to cut who would be below him on the depth chart. Even tho I like tre.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #502 on: August 28, 2014, 10:29:21 AM »
Jevon and Nigel have both got glowing reviews this summer, I don't see it happening.

Gip -> Cobb
Nino -> Brown
Krap -> Wade
Tre -> Roach

There is also the chance Bolden doesn't develop but he has such an incredible high ceiling.

Essentially if you land Roach you have to make room for him and it is natural to cut who would be below him on the depth chart. Even tho I like tre.

I haven't heard about Jevon getting glowing reviews.  So, that's good.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 28, 2014, 10:32:31 AM »
I heard his FT shooting still sucks tho.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 28, 2014, 10:52:46 AM »
THis is all a good problem to have.....unless you don't like hurting current players feelings and telling them to GTFO?
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline uncle clean jeans

• hygienic role model
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 28, 2014, 11:22:12 AM »
so apparently Roach wants to compete in track and field wherever he ends up (triple jump). Are we good at this? is Keynard still around? Looks like his dad has a bit of a handle on his recruiting as well...

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 28, 2014, 11:40:12 AM »
Any oscar'ing that needs to go on will need to be in the next year or so. I foresee Currie adopting a four-year contract policy with the S-A's before too long.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 28, 2014, 12:08:09 PM »
Any oscar'ing that needs to go on will need to be in the next year or so. I foresee Currie adopting a four-year contract policy with the S-A's before too long.

i foresee calling you a massive dumbass when i meet you.  that is, if you're being serious here, and i don't think you are.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 28, 2014, 12:10:28 PM »

i foresee calling you a massive dumbass when i meet you.  that is, if you're being serious here, and i don't think you are.

I've wanted to be called a dumbass by you IRL for quite some time. Seems like it's a rite of passage at gE.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 28, 2014, 12:12:27 PM »

Well, it is certain you'll be talking down to him either way.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: August 28, 2014, 12:18:51 PM »
Curry is just whooping our uneducated asses these days!
I see what you did there
:peek:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 28, 2014, 12:19:40 PM »

Well, it is certain you'll be talking down to him either way.

My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 28, 2014, 02:25:18 PM »
I knew it!

Bob Putnam of the Tampa Bay Times got this. This is the only thing I've seen or heard other than Twitter.

Gibbs guard The Flush announced on Twitter that he has committed to Kansas State.

Brown's decision comes a week after he narrowed his college choices to four schools and set up official visits for next month. He was  supposed to visit Kansas State on Sept. 17.

"I already knew in my hear Kansas State was where I wanted to go," Brown said. "It would have been a devastating blow if I waited and someone else filled my spot. I really thought about waiting it out, but I wanted to make sure I got what I wanted."

Brown said his recruiting consisted of phone conversations with the Wildcats' coaching staff. He still has not seen the campus, but plans to make his official visit in September.

"I love the fan base and the crowd support they get," Brown said. "I had a great connection with the coaches and feel like they have my back and are looking out for my best interest."

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 28, 2014, 02:40:49 PM »
so apparently Roach wants to compete in track and field wherever he ends up (triple jump). Are we good at this? is Keynard still around? Looks like his dad has a bit of a handle on his recruiting as well...

Show him Kynard's pic with Kobe at the Olympics and pump the #FAMILY crap to his dad. Boom, Roach is ours.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 28, 2014, 03:17:05 PM »

Show him Kynard's pic with Kobe at the Olympics and pump the #FAMILY crap to his dad. Boom, Roach is ours.

Kansas State University has been known to produce Olympic champion triple jumpers.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 28, 2014, 03:34:01 PM »
Carl Lewis?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 28, 2014, 03:41:50 PM »

Kansas State University has been known to produce Olympic champion triple jumpers.

God, you're such a nerd.

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 28, 2014, 09:12:22 PM »

Gip -> Cobb
Nino -> Brown
Krap -> Wade
Tre -> Roach

From what I've heard, Bolden made a huge leap even halfway thru last year, could have gotten even better since.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 28, 2014, 09:45:12 PM »
Well lets just push really hard on Roach before Wade has a chance to commit, I guess.
Eric Cobb, The Flush and Roach would be an awesome class.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 28, 2014, 10:19:35 PM »
If it comes down to Wade or Cobb, who should we choose.  I can't find much on Cobb.  At this point I lean towards Wade.  Push hard in 2016 for a center.  Wade is taller than Gip, and sounds very mobile - great for the motion offense. Not sure Cobb fits coach's style of play.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 28, 2014, 10:43:58 PM »
Kerwin Roach cancels visit. Was Barry higher on our list.  :eek:

Offline uncle clean jeans

• hygienic role model
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 28, 2014, 11:05:28 PM »
No way Barry was higher on the list. In some ways I think Brown's commitment may have blindsided the staff this week. I read a rivals article today that said the coaches asked him if he wanted to "check out campus and make sure" after he committed and Barry said no, he was 100% on this. May have thrown things off a little, but I like Barry. For roach, I don't really understand why browns commitment threw him off unless the staff said "sorry dude, we need another forward now" which is totally true but also an insane thing to tell a stud recruit. I guess time will tell if we cancel all guard visits or try to bring more in for visits :crossfingers:

Gotta lock up d.wade this weekend, we need him for 2015. Cobb is also an excellent recruit but maybe he's a less urgent fill on the roster, if he comes in 2015 he would likely be behind Stephen and DJamer at the 5, so reclassifying for 2016 might not be a bad idea if he's cool with it. That of course depends on whether we're hard up for another 2015 schollie in the next few months  :crossfingers:

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 28, 2014, 11:13:40 PM »
I honestly don't think it is that much of a stretch to say Brown is a better fit in our system then Roach. Roach is a high ceiling guy and could up being a whale of a player. I think there are other systems that Roach would fit in better than Brown.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 28, 2014, 11:14:05 PM »
That's hilarious that we are hoping to land some hillbilly from a 2A school in Kansas  :facepalm:  Jesus rough ridin' Christ, at least Josh Reid was good.  Roll out the rough ridin' Copenhagen for this kid this weekend I guess....jesus christ  :lol:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 28, 2014, 11:15:35 PM »
Based on the videos, I liked Brown better than Roach. Roach is quicker and can jump higher, but Brown seems to have better developed skills including excellent handles, is a more intuitive player, and has a more well rounded game overall.