Author Topic: K-State DC Thread  (Read 190258 times)

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: K-State DC Thread
« Reply #875 on: January 24, 2012, 04:38:28 PM »
next year the smoke will blow away from the mirrors and there will be no way people will accept Sean under any circumstances.

Hate to say it, but it's true.

If you just keep saying this before every season eventually you will likely be right and then you can strut around and tell everyone "SEE, I WAS RIGHT!  I TOLD YOU SO!"   This plan has "winner" written all over it.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: January 24, 2012, 04:39:14 PM »
I think K-State and the Chiefs are going after the same guy for DC.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: January 24, 2012, 04:41:39 PM »
The real question is who will outlast who.

Because if Currie is still in place at the time of Snyder's second retirement, I have no doubt whatsoever in my belief that he will make his own hire.  Does anyone really think he's not absolutely salivating for the opportunity?  For a ladder climber like Currie, hiring his own guy is one of the biggest moves he can make for his resume and he is not going to sit around and let Sean Snyder run the ship aground.  

My only concern is how long he'll be here.  If Snyder plays the game, Currie departs and another yes man like Tim Weiser takes the job, this is how Sean Snyder takes the reigns.

To believe this you would have to believe that UPKS would fail misearably in his hiring of a DC.  I have more faith in him than that.  Any DC with any confidence in himself will make his OWN hire, even if it's completely shitty and stupid....several newly hired AD's have proven this to be true.

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: January 24, 2012, 04:55:39 PM »
reading on here is going to be amazing when sean is announced as the new DC...

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: January 24, 2012, 04:56:42 PM »
This is great.  Unsubstantiated of course, but great.

HCCKicker

Almost on scholarship
Post #368
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore   
Fitz Post Backs up the wispers I have heard   Reply
Not much info is coming out of the coaching search but I have talked to a few people that know a little. A coach at a different school said he is hearing that LHCBS really wants Sean to take over so he does not want to hire anyone that may get in the way of that plan. I have also heard from someone else that Currie is well aware of this and has said that if LHCBS does step down, he will be one making the hire. That said Levitt did have some interest but does not want to be tied down incase something comes up before Coach retires. Sounds like he wants the head job or to stay where he is for now. (doesn't want any HCIW titles)

I have a bad feeling that a power struggle in the future may happen. I have not heard of any friction between Currie and Coach so that is not what I am trying to say, only that Coach has a plan and our AD has a plan. Not sure they are same plan and to tell you the truth Sean taking over scares the crap out of me.

Posted on 1/24 2:22 PM | IP: Logged

An occasional nugget falls my way every once in a while, but this is in line with what I heard.

It's just a different version of what we have been saying for over a year.  Even before Sean was promoted the core ITK'ers on here reported Snyder has designs that Sean will someday be head coach for KSU.  To extrapolate that Leavitt has no interest in stepping in that pile of cow flop doesn't take much.

True, but I'm just saying that I have heard the same thing, and I obviously have a different channel than you do.  So, I'm confirming your ITK'ers.

I take solace in the belief that in order for Bill to gain the amount of juice he needs to force Sean in, he will have to win us at least a Big 12 champy and/or a BCS game.  Only then will the waters be calm enough to pass the reigns to his unproven son.

If he does this, I will dislike it but accept it for awhile.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: January 24, 2012, 05:27:30 PM »
next year the smoke will blow away from the mirrors and there will be no way people will accept Sean under any circumstances.

Hate to say it, but it's true.

If you just keep saying this before every season eventually you will likely be right and then you can strut around and tell everyone "SEE, I WAS RIGHT!  I TOLD YOU SO!"   This plan has "winner" written all over it.

I didn't say it before this season.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: January 24, 2012, 05:54:31 PM »
Won't ever happen.  not worried.*

*not that I don't believe that snyder wants sean to take over.  but no self respecting ad/president would accept it.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: January 24, 2012, 06:20:12 PM »
Won't ever happen.  not worried.*

*not that I don't believe that snyder wants sean to take over.  but no self respecting ad/president would accept it.

this is exactly what makes this a non-issue.  our pres and ad are solid.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: January 24, 2012, 06:50:36 PM »
Even that you hint Currie might be more qualified to name a successor than Snyder is alarming.

-The Manhatter

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: January 24, 2012, 07:47:02 PM »
Even that you hint Currie might be more qualified to name a successor than Snyder is alarming.

-The Manhatter

Birdies tell me that ADJC is prepared to spend a right tidy sum for Snyder's successor.

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: January 24, 2012, 07:48:38 PM »

-The Manhatter

Birdies tell me that ADJC is prepared to spend a right tidy sum for Snyder's successor.

If someone told me we would drop off a bit until Snyder retired, but was guaranteed a highly successful replacement, I would easily take it.
Follow me on Twitter @OlatheWildcat12

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: January 24, 2012, 08:04:52 PM »
:lol:

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: January 24, 2012, 08:39:41 PM »
So should I share information or not? I was under the impression that you folks paid for that kind of stuff. If you're just paying for the sheer awesome entertainment of the ostgame meltdowns, then I'll just sit back and watch the show too.

-fitz

:lol:

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: January 24, 2012, 09:38:00 PM »
I hope you're all rough ridin' happy.  You made Dax turn into the voice of reason in this thread.  :runaway:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Mike Ahearn

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: January 25, 2012, 10:04:02 AM »
ASUDevilscomASUDevils.com

by footballscoop

Talks progressing between Arizona State and Air Force defensive coordinator Matt Wallerstedt to become ASU's defensive coordinator.

23 hours ago

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: January 25, 2012, 10:08:01 AM »
[losing horn noise from Price is Right]

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: January 25, 2012, 10:09:17 AM »
ASUDevilscomASUDevils.com

by footballscoop

Talks progressing between Arizona State and Air Force defensive coordinator Matt Wallerstedt to become ASU's defensive coordinator.

23 hours ago

Crash Eckler it is!  :ksu:  firmly on board #teamcrash

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: January 25, 2012, 10:17:36 AM »
damn  :frown:

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: January 25, 2012, 10:21:19 AM »
ASU is really getting the better of us.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: January 25, 2012, 10:24:58 AM »

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: January 25, 2012, 10:29:34 AM »
michigancat gets his dream Hayes/JoeBob promotion hire  :frown:  Meanwhile, we need to find a GA that knows about LBs.  Unfortunately, my direct interactions with former KSU LBs have shown that they are either complete dumbasses, likely to kill themselves or both.  

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: January 25, 2012, 10:33:57 AM »
michigancat gets his dream Hayes/JoeBob promotion hire  :frown:  Meanwhile, we need to find a GA that knows about LBs.  Unfortunately, my direct interactions with former KSU LBs have shown that they are either complete dumbasses, likely to kill themselves or both.  
Didn't Hrebec just graduate?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: January 25, 2012, 10:34:37 AM »

d00d on twitter last week was calling for Dat nguyen(SP?)

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: January 25, 2012, 10:34:45 AM »
So what we are learning is that Snyder thinks he has enough juice right now, after 10-3, to shove whoever he can scrape up down our throats as they prep for Sean to take over.  As stated, I'd think he'd go after some real talent pretty hard at this moment in time to try and take the next step when then he would have the best chance to hand it to Sean.  Promoting some old guys who cannot win a head-to-head recruiting battle sets it up for a .500 season and no chance of Sean getting a look.

I guess his plan is ahead of schedule.  Kudos Bill.