Author Topic: K-State DC Thread  (Read 190244 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: K-State DC Thread
« Reply #825 on: January 24, 2012, 01:54:15 PM »
kind of surprised that dimel is assembling his staff when he's not even technically head coach yet.

Are we really thinking there's more than a 5% chance that would even happen?

yes, much higher than that...

I'd bet closer to 50%

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: January 24, 2012, 01:58:23 PM »
Sounds like we could have had our HR hire but JC called and bunt with the bases loaded in the bottom of the 10th behind by 1 run. FYJC
RIP Fatty

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #827 on: January 24, 2012, 02:02:04 PM »
Sounds like we could have had our HR hire but JC called and bunt with the bases loaded in the bottom of the 10th behind by 1 run. FYJC

I really hate the riddles, guys.

If what you're saying is that Currie nixed the hire of Leavitt because we wouldn't hire him as HCIW, then Currie deserves a six figure raise.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 24, 2012, 02:05:36 PM »

If what you're saying is that Currie nixed the hire of Leavitt because we wouldn't hire him as HCIW, then Currie deserves a six figure raise.

yes, that would have been a good move by currie if he had made it

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 24, 2012, 02:06:41 PM »

yes, that would have been a good move by currie if he had made it

If someone is saying Currie nixed Venables, he should be fired.

I'm going to keep guessing until someone tells me whether I'm right or wrong.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: January 24, 2012, 02:11:20 PM »
FITZ

ADMIN
Post #12732
Manhattan, Kan.
MyFanPage

DC news
It looks as if Leavitt's push to return to Manhattan was rebuffed. I'm not sure at what level, but I am confident he wanted to return. That brings us to reports that the next DC is going to be Matt Wallerstedt. That appears to be premature. It seems to be down to Wallerstedt and Tom Hayes, but Wally might have another DC offer from a BCS school. Don't be surprised if the defensive coordinator spot is filled with an internal hire. I will let you know more when I get more info.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: January 24, 2012, 02:15:55 PM »
FITZ

ADMIN
Post #12732
Manhattan, Kan.
MyFanPage

DC news
It looks as if Leavitt's push to return to Manhattan was rebuffed. I'm not sure at what level, but I am confident he wanted to return. That brings us to reports that the next DC is going to be Matt Wallerstedt. That appears to be premature. It seems to be down to Wallerstedt and Tom Hayes, but Wally might have another DC offer from a BCS school. Don't be surprised if the defensive coordinator spot is filled with an internal hire. I will let you know more when I get more info.

:facepalm:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 24, 2012, 02:16:18 PM »
yeah. fitz really has the tucks/every ksu fan in a firestorm with that one.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: January 24, 2012, 02:16:29 PM »
FITZ

ADMIN
Post #12732
Manhattan, Kan.
MyFanPage

DC news

Thanks for reading Fitz.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 24, 2012, 02:19:41 PM »
Why would Leavitt want to come back?  Seriously?  He wasn't going to be the head coach here, so what's the point?

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: January 24, 2012, 02:26:36 PM »
Why would Leavitt want to come back?  Seriously?  He wasn't going to be the head coach here, so what's the point?

the question is who in the eff is rebuffing him?

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 24, 2012, 02:32:42 PM »
This is great.  Unsubstantiated of course, but great.

HCCKicker

Almost on scholarship
Post #368
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore   
Fitz Post Backs up the wispers I have heard   Reply
Not much info is coming out of the coaching search but I have talked to a few people that know a little. A coach at a different school said he is hearing that LHCBS really wants Sean to take over so he does not want to hire anyone that may get in the way of that plan. I have also heard from someone else that Currie is well aware of this and has said that if LHCBS does step down, he will be one making the hire. That said Levitt did have some interest but does not want to be tied down incase something comes up before Coach retires. Sounds like he wants the head job or to stay where he is for now. (doesn't want any HCIW titles)

I have a bad feeling that a power struggle in the future may happen. I have not heard of any friction between Currie and Coach so that is not what I am trying to say, only that Coach has a plan and our AD has a plan. Not sure they are same plan and to tell you the truth Sean taking over scares the crap out of me.

Posted on 1/24 2:22 PM | IP: Logged

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 24, 2012, 02:34:24 PM »

HCCKicker

Almost on scholarship
Post #368
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore   
Not much info is coming out of the coaching search but I have talked to a few people that know a little. A coach at a different school said he is hearing that LHCBS really wants Sean to take over so he does not want to hire anyone that may get in the way of that plan. I have also heard from someone else that Currie is well aware of this and has said that if LHCBS does step down, he will be one making the hire. That said Levitt did have some interest but does not want to be tied down incase something comes up before Coach retires. Sounds like he wants the head job or to stay where he is for now. (doesn't want any HCIW titles)

I have a bad feeling that a power struggle in the future may happen. I have not heard of any friction between Currie and Coach so that is not what I am trying to say, only that Coach has a plan and our AD has a plan. Not sure they are same plan and to tell you the truth Sean taking over scares the crap out of me.

An occasional nugget falls my way every once in a while, but this is in line with what I heard.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 24, 2012, 02:34:43 PM »
The real question is why do I even still care?

I mean, JFC Bill...

Bill is gonna treat this like his own personal game of The Apprentice, only no one gets fired.

We all know it and yet it still makes me mad.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 24, 2012, 02:35:46 PM »
We would be better off trying to patch things up with Prince than hiring Sean. 

I mean, we could always fire Ron.  If bill has the pull to get Sean in the door, does anyone actually think he doesn't have the pull to keep him there?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: January 24, 2012, 02:35:56 PM »
Currie isn't going to let Bill dictate crap.  I can assure you of that.  

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: January 24, 2012, 02:36:46 PM »
Come on Bill.

You won 10 games.

A lot of people came on board back to liking you again.

Even thinking (again) that you are a football savant.

Why do this?

Why?

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: January 24, 2012, 02:38:18 PM »
Come on Bill.

You won 10 games.

A lot of people came on board back to liking you again.

Even thinking (again) that you are a football savant.

Why do this?

Why?

I'm going with "Cats in the Cradle" guilt.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: January 24, 2012, 02:39:07 PM »

HCCKicker

Almost on scholarship
Post #368
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore   

An occasional nugget falls my way every once in a while, but this is in line with what I heard.

It's just a different version of what we have been saying for over a year.  Even before Sean was promoted the core ITK'ers on here reported Snyder has designs that Sean will someday be head coach for KSU.  To extrapolate that Leavitt has no interest in stepping in that pile of cow flop doesn't take much.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: January 24, 2012, 02:39:30 PM »

It's a Mexican standoff, but the question is who will be here longer?  Bill or John?

I'm not comfortable answering that question.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: January 24, 2012, 02:40:21 PM »
And, its not just Leavitt that won't step in that crap, it's anyone with other options and a brain.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: January 24, 2012, 02:40:41 PM »
I'm going with "Cats in the Cradle" guilt.

I mean Bill knows football. Like really knows it. And still knows it well enough to win.

He's got to know that his son is not a head coach. Coordinating special teams has been a stretch.

Bill. Please.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: January 24, 2012, 02:41:40 PM »

HCCKicker

Almost on scholarship
Post #368
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore   

It's just a different version of what we have been saying for over a year.  Even before Sean was promoted the core ITK'ers on here reported Snyder has designs that Sean will someday be head coach for KSU.  To extrapolate that Leavitt has no interest in stepping in that pile of cow flop doesn't take much.

True, but I'm just saying that I have heard the same thing, and I obviously have a different channel than you do.  So, I'm confirming your ITK'ers.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: January 24, 2012, 02:42:24 PM »

It's a Mexican standoff, but the question is who will be here longer?  Bill or John?

I'm not comfortable answering that question.

Guys, a rape enabler dies this week and the world forgets flaws and dictates his sainthood to all that will listen.  Bill's plan is to die in office.  Tucks will do the same for him and currie will not be able to mexican stand off against the tuck memory of a recently passed LHC Bill Snyder.  

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: January 24, 2012, 02:42:39 PM »
I hate him.