Author Topic: K-State DC Thread  (Read 188301 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Cosh/Venzy/DC Master Thread
« Reply #575 on: January 18, 2012, 01:55:53 PM »
Yes...and it would make perfect sense for him to sacrifice the success of his program because he won't spend money that is not his.  Great argument here on why our staff is under paid....Old Ballz is simply stingy with other peoples money.  Genius.

He actually did that with Vanier renovations. Ask Dax about it.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 18, 2012, 01:57:18 PM »
Dave Sittler @DaveSittler 52m  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open
Seriously doubt if K-State would pay the money it would take to get Venables. Insiders say Jim Leavitt is a more likely hire for Snyder.

Our pay scale for our assistant staff is apparently the lowest in the Big XII.  At some point this mentality by Snyder is going to have to change.

We're either going to have to get competitive in that respect, or we're simply not going to compete in a territory that would attract a top level assistant to join that staff with the potential to vie for the head coaching position.

Who determines the “budget” for fb salaries?  I’m assuming it’s currie and then bill allocates accordingly?  I mean, we ended up paying ‘te 450K.  Of course that was not originate during Currie’s tenure.  I’m sure john would have vetoed ‘te making that much if Frank wanted him now.  

It has to be in tandem.

I don't buy that the money isn't there.  Currie has elevated the overall athletic budget by close to $7 million annually since he took over.  He's shown the propensity to invest in import things like facilities and improvements that affect the fan experience.  He's smart.  He knows the price to compete for a BCS level program.

If you take that into account, there's actually a high probability that Snyder is setting his own pay scale for his staff.

I am not ITK on this but I'd bet Bill and Currie collaborate a bit.  Like, Bill gives him the name of his staff and w2hen Currie learns the staff consists of a guy who was managing a Tanners, a guy who got ran out at Maryland and his son Currie decides that the budget doesn't need to be as high as other schools because he is competing with, respectively, Nick & Jakes, no one, Sharon paying for odd jobs around the house.

Why break the bank?  We aren't stupid like ku who thinks if you pay someone like a big time coach they will become one.

Like hiring some fat dude that works at a turnpike toll booth?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #577 on: January 18, 2012, 01:59:24 PM »
Yes...and it would make perfect sense for him to sacrifice the success of his program because he won't spend money that is not his.  Great argument here on why our staff is under paid....Old Ballz is simply stingy with other peoples money.  Genius.

Was it a money thing or a disruption thing?  Both?

The old story I heard was that he didn't want Vanier to be out of commission long enough for them to do what they really needed to do to it.  Otherwise, he would have.  However, he wanted it done a certain way so as not to disrupt how his notepad plans told him how to run his daily schedule.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 18, 2012, 02:03:01 PM »

The old story I heard was that he didn't want Vanier to be out of commission long enough for them to do what they really needed to do to it.  Otherwise, he would have.  However, he wanted it done a certain way so as not to disrupt how his notepad plans told him how to run his daily schedule.

Please don't let the facts get in the way of a reason to be butthurt.  OB's was given the opportunity for a beautful new football complex and he flat turned it down because it was just too much and he's rough ridin' stupid.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 18, 2012, 02:08:17 PM »

Please don't let the facts get in the way of a reason to be butthurt.  OB's was given the opportunity for a beautful new football complex and he flat turned it down because it was just too much and he's rough ridin' stupid.

LOL

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #580 on: January 18, 2012, 02:10:00 PM »

The option was there to build a brand new one.  But he wanted the phased expansion for whatever reason.

You have to understand that the power structure that was in place when Snyder had total control was pretty much a paper tiger.  Wefald, Urick, Weiser, etc.  Whatever Bill would want, Bill would get, for whatever reason he stated.

If Bill said jump, they all said, "How high?"

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 18, 2012, 02:17:29 PM »

Nothing against him personally, I just don't trust his record.  If he goes to Clemson and coaches a great defense there & recruits great there, THEN I'll love hiring Venables as our head coach.  I'm just not convinced he does much of anything at OU.  And the fact he's just about the only coach on Stoops original staff (the only one?) who's never left there after years, and years, and years, plays right into these concerns...

So you think Stoops just pays him $600k or so just for the hell of it? Also, I am merely suggesting the DC/HCIW thing, not ousting Snyder and make Venables HC. Why couldn't we see how he recruits and run a defense here? You can always back out of the deal if it doesn't work out.

For me, it's the same as really wanting to hire Jankovich or Steve Heson as basketball coach "because he's a KSU guy."  It's selling ourselves short.

Unlike Henson, the only reason Venables would consider the DC/HCIW thing is because he's a KSU guy. He'd be far too good for us otherwise.

OK, I'm fine with hiring him as HCIW as long as we cross our fingers behind our back at the time.  (But with our bumbling team of legal beagles, I wouldn't be surprised if KSU drafted the first "HCIW" contract in history that was legally binding, and screwed ourselves over...)

My main points go to not wanting him to be HC right now -- I really think we could find better candidates if that's the position we were hiring for.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 18, 2012, 02:23:12 PM »
My main points go to not wanting him to be HC right now -- I really think we could find better candidates if that's the position we were hiring for.

It's possible, but far from a guarantee. He's a guy that should be on our radar because of his recruiting history and recruiting base.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 18, 2012, 02:43:52 PM »
Seriously doubt if K-State would pay the money it would take to get Venables. Insiders say Jim Leavitt is a more likely hire for Snyder.

Our pay scale for our assistant staff is apparently the lowest in the Big XII.  At some point this mentality by Snyder is going to have to change.

We're either going to have to get competitive in that respect, or we're simply not going to compete in a territory that would attract a top level assistant to join that staff with the potential to vie for the head coaching position.

Who determines the “budget” for fb salaries?  I’m assuming it’s currie and then bill allocates accordingly?  I mean, we ended up paying ‘te 450K.  Of course that was not originate during Currie’s tenure.  I’m sure john would have vetoed ‘te making that much if Frank wanted him now.  

It has to be in tandem.

I don't buy that the money isn't there.  Currie has elevated the overall athletic budget by close to $7 million annually since he took over.  He's shown the propensity to invest in import things like facilities and improvements that affect the fan experience.  He's smart.  He knows the price to compete for a BCS level program.

If you take that into account, there's actually a high probability that Snyder is setting his own pay scale for his staff.

Snyder is pretty conservative.  If you haven't noticed.

You think a guy that micro-manages every last detail imaginable related to his program isn't going to be the final authority with compensation for his coaches of what he deems appropriate?

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Doberman_CATS!!!

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 18, 2012, 02:56:15 PM »

It has to be in tandem.

I am not ITK on this but I'd bet Bill and Currie collaborate a bit.  Like, Bill gives him the name of his staff and w2hen Currie learns the staff consists of a guy who was managing a Tanners, a guy who got ran out at Maryland and his son Currie decides that the budget doesn't need to be as high as other schools because he is competing with, respectively, Nick & Jakes, no one, Sharon paying for odd jobs around the house.

Why break the bank?  We aren't stupid like ku who thinks if you pay someone like a big time coach they will become one.

My watering hole  :cheers:

Online Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: January 18, 2012, 03:04:34 PM »
This sucks. No way Leavitt or Venables happen. We're just like the KU fans dreaming of Harbaugh, Leavitt, Leach, etc.

'grats on the promotion, Hayes!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 18, 2012, 03:14:01 PM »

It has to be in tandem.

Which one?

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 18, 2012, 03:14:47 PM »
'grats on the promotion, Hayes!

Don't leave out Joe Bob, don't want to make the guy feel unwelcomed or anything.  :bawl:
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline Doberman_CATS!!!

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 18, 2012, 03:22:32 PM »

It has to be in tandem.

Which one?

135th and Metcalf..

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 18, 2012, 03:35:48 PM »

It has to be in tandem.

Which one?

135th and Metcalf..

Classic spot.  Let me know when you want LSOC and his crew of elites to do a guest appearance.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 18, 2012, 03:52:49 PM »
we need to devise a plan on how we're going to excommunicate  venables from the "purple nation" when he rebukes our advances this final time. 

seems like a good job for pete.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kstate16

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 18, 2012, 03:53:58 PM »
why do ex-kansas staters hate us? (Venables, Patterson, etc..)

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 18, 2012, 03:56:40 PM »
why do ex-kansas staters hate us? (Venables, Patterson, etc..)
We know what they did!
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline powercatmiller

• Fan
    • View Profile
Im ready to reveal the BV horrific event
« Reply #593 on: January 18, 2012, 04:19:01 PM »
just leave an email

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
Re: Im ready to reveal the BV horrific event
« Reply #594 on: January 18, 2012, 04:20:17 PM »

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 18, 2012, 04:21:35 PM »

Offline J

• Katpak'r
  • Just call me "Hollywood"
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 18, 2012, 04:26:56 PM »

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 18, 2012, 04:28:10 PM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 18, 2012, 04:28:39 PM »

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile