Author Topic: K-State DC Thread  (Read 190245 times)

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Cosh not gone, will be here forever
« Reply #225 on: January 03, 2012, 09:44:11 AM »
Hartman added, "Like Coach Cosh said, it doesn't matter how many yards you gave up or how many touchdowns the other team scored, if your team has more points than them that's really all that matters."

Wow...I love hearing things like this from our Defensive Coordinator.   :facepalm:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 03, 2012, 09:50:48 AM »
Bucs fire Raheem Morris.

I've heard from solid sources that he's on KU's short list for DC.

Makes sense.  Would be perfect for Raheem to join the 5 and out club.  3-5 years as a DC in our conf and he will be cleansed enough to jump back into the NFL coaching pool again.  This is lining up better than Lew could have even planned.  in 3-5 years several coaches are going to be leaving much richer and and very well rested.  Cheyenne Zulu better get out while they are celebrating him. 

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 03, 2012, 11:59:45 AM »
Hartman added, "Like Coach Cosh said, it doesn't matter how many yards you gave up or how many touchdowns the other team scored, if your team has more points than them that's really all that matters."

Wow...I love hearing things like this from our Defensive Coordinator.   :facepalm:

He really throws the offense under a bus.

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 03, 2012, 12:20:01 PM »

This is the thought process of a mediocre DC - what a loser.
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 03, 2012, 12:45:20 PM »
Why shoot for the stars when you're already on top of the dirt ball.

:lynchmob:

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 03, 2012, 05:23:09 PM »
If K-State handed out a most-improved award to members of its coaching staff, Cosh would most certainly win. Under his guidance, the Wildcats went from a team that struggled to defend a simple draw play to a defense few teams try to run against. After ranking 119th out of 120 Division I-A teams against the run last season, K-State now allows 131.4 rushing yards per game and ranks 39th nationally, third in the Big 12.K-State ranks fifth in the Big 12 in total defense, allowing 398.8 yards and 27.8 points per game.

K-State’s passing defense could still use work, but it finds ways to get by. Though it allowed 30 or more points five times, it also regularly closed out games with defensive stops and key turnovers.

Pretty funny they didn't put numbers next to the passing defense rankings.  Why run when you can pass?  Like Coach Cosh said, "Who cares how many yards you give up or how many points they score, as long as our offense scores more, I'm a good defensive coordinator."

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 03, 2012, 06:33:10 PM »
If K-State handed out a most-improved award to members of its coaching staff, Cosh would most certainly win. Under his guidance, the Wildcats went from a team that struggled to defend a simple draw play to a defense few teams try to run against. After ranking 119th out of 120 Division I-A teams against the run last season, K-State now allows 131.4 rushing yards per game and ranks 39th nationally, third in the Big 12.K-State ranks fifth in the Big 12 in total defense, allowing 398.8 yards and 27.8 points per game.

K-State’s passing defense could still use work, but it finds ways to get by. Though it allowed 30 or more points five times, it also regularly closed out games with defensive stops and key turnovers.

Pretty funny they didn't put numbers next to the passing defense rankings.  Why run when you can pass?  Like Coach Cosh said, "Who cares how many yards you give up or how many points they score, as long as our offense scores more, I'm a good defensive coordinator."

Ol' Squeeks Wallace has never been on to get bogged down with the details.

Why let a fact like K-State having the 104th ranked pass defense get in the way of a good GoPowercat fluff piece, though?

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 13, 2012, 10:52:28 AM »
South Florida: Don't be surprised if Skip Holtz turns to Kansas State defensive coordinator Chris Cosh to replace Mark Snyder.

:excited:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #233 on: January 13, 2012, 10:53:41 AM »
South Florida: Don't be surprised if Skip Holtz turns to Kansas State defensive coordinator Chris Cosh to replace Mark Snyder.

:excited:

:lynchmob:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 13, 2012, 10:57:01 AM »
Best news is that if he is looking into these other places, Bill has had to have told him to GTFO, right?  I mean, you hear people say that Bill never fires, only "helps people get on elsewhere".  At this point, Cosh has been looking at HC jobs at two shitty Carolina schools and now as a DC at a lesser school in a lesser conf.

I mean, writing on the wall, right?

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 13, 2012, 11:06:22 AM »
:pray:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 13, 2012, 11:12:13 AM »
oh dear lord don't get my hopes up

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 13, 2012, 11:15:53 AM »
Heard that. I'm just so sick of this guy, would hire a hit man if I knew one.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 13, 2012, 11:18:33 AM »
bill would probably just promote the old ballz db coach and find an old cronie to replace cosh. So the combo of cosh leaving and venzy begging for every job in the country would just make it worse. So maybe it would be better if Cosh just stayed.

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 13, 2012, 11:30:48 AM »
Heard that. I'm just so sick of this guy, would hire a hit man if I knew one.

We didn't maintain the retainer for the guy responsible for our UCF win.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: January 13, 2012, 11:35:15 AM »
bill would probably just promote the old ballz db coach and find an old cronie to replace cosh. So the combo of cosh leaving and venzy begging for every job in the country would just make it worse. So maybe it would be better if Cosh just stayed.

I just hope Currie won't let that happen.  Like, Bill comes back from a lunch with Sharon to find Currie and Venzy are sitting in Bill's office laughing as he opens the door.  Like in the movies about southern judges where the other bad guy lawyer is already back in the chambers with the judge and you know Matt Damon's character is about to get screwed.

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 13, 2012, 12:59:21 PM »
that's what i see happening, Snyder just promoting one of the other coaches to DC. If he doesn't take that route, who do you think the top legitimate candidates will be?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 13, 2012, 01:04:36 PM »
that's what i see happening, Snyder just promoting one of the other coaches to DC. If he doesn't take that route, who do you think the top legitimate candidates will be?

Who is the oldest human being still alive to have any KSU coaching link?

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 13, 2012, 01:06:41 PM »
Well played sir, well played.  :thumbsup:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Cosh not gone, will be here forever
« Reply #244 on: January 13, 2012, 01:08:40 PM »

I just hope Currie won't let that happen.  Like, Bill comes back from a lunch with Sharon to find Currie and Venzy are sitting in Bill's office laughing as he opens the door.  Like in the movies about southern judges where the other bad guy lawyer is already back in the chambers with the judge and you know Matt Damon's character is about to get screwed.
Bill doesn't eat lunch. :ohno:

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 13, 2012, 01:34:54 PM »
I wish we could get someone with really strong recruiting ties with texas and florida. I want that 2003 defense back!
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #246 on: January 13, 2012, 01:37:37 PM »
I wish we could get someone with really strong recruiting ties with texas and florida. I want that 2003 defense back!

Me too, Luke.  Me too.

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 13, 2012, 02:30:11 PM »
Grumbles that Cosh has been asked to find another job. Captain Old Ballz is being nice and letting him find a soft landing.
RIP Fatty

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 13, 2012, 02:38:49 PM »
Grumbles that Cosh has been asked to find another job. Captain Old Ballz is being nice and letting him find a soft landing.

:cheers:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 13, 2012, 02:50:28 PM »

God damn it. 

You can't take my post, summarize it and put "grumbles" at the beginning of it.  Also, that would be Rumblings not Grumblings. 

Pfft.