Author Topic: fox  (Read 11571 times)

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: fox
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2011, 06:44:21 PM »
Yes, it is obvious from the article. The actual rate includes anyone able to work that is over 18 and under 65, and that percentage is over 25%. The problem with the government numbers are many, including that as people run out of unemployment benefits, they simply drop them from the work force like they no longer exist. Right now, for many people, their three years are coming to an end at a rate of 300,000 to 400,000 per month, which will improve the government unemployment rate numbers, but not the actual.

JFC you are dumb. Exhausting unemployment benefits doesn't mean you're not counted as unemployed.

Perhaps this will help:

Who is counted as unemployed?
Persons are classified as unemployed if they do not have a job, have actively looked for work in the prior 4 weeks, and are currently available for work.

http://www.bls.gov/cps/cps_htgm.htm#unemployed

:facepalm:  If you aren't collecting benefits, they don't know you are looking for a job. Notice its "and" , not  "or".  This is an example how the government manipulates the numbers. "Golly gee, we haven't heard from Joe since his bennies ran out, so he must be working!"

Are you rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)? At 8.6 percent with a workforce of approximately 140 million, there's 12 million people unemployed according to the BLS. There's only 6.7 million people collecting unemployment benefits right now. How the eff did the BLS find those other 5 million people. That or you believe that only 80 million people are in the workforce.

I mean any responsible pollster is going to know that you can only ask people receiving unemployment benefits to answer a survey. Same for political polling. They really only ask registered voters receiving unemployment benefits to participate in those.

So you admit it is a shitty way to arrive at an accurate unemployment percentage.  :flush:

It's about as accurate as you can get in a country of 300 million-plus people. Even if it's wildly inaccurate, as you suggest, it helps to know how the number is actually calculated, which you don't. But congrats on knowing nothing about the subject you're talking about and verifying your diminished mental capacity. You're quite good at that.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2011, 06:50:13 PM »
Yes, it is obvious from the article. The actual rate includes anyone able to work that is over 18 and under 65, and that percentage is over 25%. The problem with the government numbers are many, including that as people run out of unemployment benefits, they simply drop them from the work force like they no longer exist. Right now, for many people, their three years are coming to an end at a rate of 300,000 to 400,000 per month, which will improve the government unemployment rate numbers, but not the actual.

JFC you are dumb. Exhausting unemployment benefits doesn't mean you're not counted as unemployed.

Perhaps this will help:

Who is counted as unemployed?
Persons are classified as unemployed if they do not have a job, have actively looked for work in the prior 4 weeks, and are currently available for work.

http://www.bls.gov/cps/cps_htgm.htm#unemployed

:facepalm:  If you aren't collecting benefits, they don't know you are looking for a job. Notice its "and" , not  "or".  This is an example how the government manipulates the numbers. "Golly gee, we haven't heard from Joe since his bennies ran out, so he must be working!"

Are you rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)? At 8.6 percent with a workforce of approximately 140 million, there's 12 million people unemployed according to the BLS. There's only 6.7 million people collecting unemployment benefits right now. How the eff did the BLS find those other 5 million people. That or you believe that only 80 million people are in the workforce.

I mean any responsible pollster is going to know that you can only ask people receiving unemployment benefits to answer a survey. Same for political polling. They really only ask registered voters receiving unemployment benefits to participate in those.

So you admit it is a shitty way to arrive at an accurate unemployment percentage.  :flush:

It's about as accurate as you can get in a country of 300 million-plus people. Even if it's wildly inaccurate, as you suggest, it helps to know how the number is actually calculated, which you don't. But congrats on knowing nothing about the subject you're talking about and verifying your diminished mental capacity. You're quite good at that.

Any time you use a convoluted formula filled with assumptions over  verifiable numbers, like total jobs and total number in the work force, you are going to find bias and political expediency.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2011, 06:55:38 PM »
Please provide the exact number of jobs in the U.S. right now.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2011, 07:10:10 PM »

If my calculations are correct, (they usually are), it is about 74. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2011, 07:44:31 PM »

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2011, 08:17:48 PM »

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2011, 08:20:51 PM »
The help phone is lighting up at sugar dicks house, but no one is home.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2011, 08:37:28 PM »

I think the IRS has that data for you.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2011, 08:42:59 PM »

I think the IRS has that data for you.

:lol:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2011, 08:49:34 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2011, 11:50:36 PM »
In my part of the world an 8.6% unemployment rate would be a massive improvement.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2011, 08:05:17 AM »
In my part of the world an 8.6% unemployment rate would be a massive improvement.

It's only 6.7% in Kansas. :lynchmob:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2011, 08:06:53 AM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2011, 08:19:14 AM »

4.2% in Nebraska  :gocho:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2011, 08:23:31 AM »

Oklahoma at 6.1%. Californians rejoice!

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2011, 08:31:06 AM »

Obama's model of success only 11.7%   :emawkid:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2011, 09:06:50 AM »

Obama's model of success only 11.7%   :emawkid:

Yes, there won't be any stupid Okies traveling to California looking for work, so there's that.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2011, 09:28:02 AM »
I find the left's Fox news obsession to be fascinating.  I mean, there are so many obvious left pointing news organizations, but Fox being right just makes them crazy.  Very odd. 

not obsessed.

don't watch it.

don't really care.

i disagree that there are so many obvious left pointing news organizations, MSNBC obviously but most others seem pretty impartial

not sure what Fox has gotten "right" that has made people crazy?

lol

illuminating  :bang:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2011, 08:03:32 AM »
I find the left's Fox news obsession to be fascinating.  I mean, there are so many obvious left pointing news organizations, but Fox being right just makes them crazy.  Very odd. 

This.  Scouring a 24 hour "news" channel in search of typographical errors is really quite pathetic.  They actually pay people to do this full time; Media Matters a leftist well funded "501(c)(3)".

These are the same people that get their news from pseudo-journalist and untalented ass clown Jon Stewart.  The irony is quite wonderful.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2011, 08:20:43 AM »

This.  Scouring a 24 hour "news" channel in search of typographical errors is really quite pathetic.  They actually pay people to do this full time; Media Matters a leftist well funded "501(c)(3)".

These are the same people that get their news from pseudo-journalist and untalented ass clown Jon Stewart.  The irony is quite wonderful.

pfffft

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2011, 08:23:34 AM »

pfffft

tard outed
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2011, 04:34:46 PM »
pffffft

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2011, 05:50:49 PM »

right about what? being bigots who are "praying" that poor people go away?

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2011, 07:05:48 PM »
Who cares? I have a job.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2011, 06:41:14 AM »

right about what? being bigots who are "praying" that poor people go away?

lol