Author Topic: fox  (Read 11569 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
fox
« on: December 14, 2011, 06:33:53 PM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: fox
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 06:36:36 PM »
fair and balanced Y axis

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 06:38:03 PM »
When was the last time we had a decent president? And please don't say Clinton, that pigfuker!

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 06:52:27 PM »
fair and balanced Y axis

If you're implying it should be more of a straight line, I agree.   :cheers:

Sent from my TerreStar Genus using TapaTalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 07:01:39 PM »
i'm saying it should be an actual y axis. though their market (you) probably doesn't know what a y axis is or why this is hilarious. 

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 07:03:35 PM »
:lol:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 07:15:20 PM »

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 07:38:00 PM »
For the 'tards :johndoug:

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 08:00:07 PM »
Everyone knows the summer heat makes a %9.2 alot closer to a %10.0 rather than a %9.0

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 08:25:32 PM »
i'm saying it should be an actual y axis. though their market (you) probably doesn't know what a y axis is or why this is hilarious. 

Go ahead and plot it out and you will find that should be more of a straight line, which is what I was saying. Those that can read numbers will know the line is not accurate.  :rolleyes:

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 08:30:35 PM »

Go ahead and plot it out and you will find that should be more of a straight line, which is what I was saying. Those that can read numbers will know the line is not accurate.  :rolleyes:
aaaaaand we are back to SD's point about their market.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 08:39:20 PM »

SD and the minions didn't understand my comment,  yet said I was too dumb to undersand the graph .  :flush:

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 08:42:33 PM »

SD and the minions didn't understand my comment,  yet said I was too dumb to undersand the graph .  :flush:
Your comment is irrelevant to the fact that Fox is distorting their data/information.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 08:52:18 PM »
If you're going to be picky about it, though, the plot would not be a line perpindicular to the y axis.  For that, the values for y would be the same, such as 9.0, 9.0,  ... , 9.0.  But I don't see how this plot favors one side or the other any more than an accurate plot would.  Seems like fair and balanced sloppiness.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 09:00:02 PM »

Your comment is irrelevant to the fact that Fox is distorting their data/information.

It's hilarious you guys are worried about fox's accuracy plotting points when the real problem is the actual data.  The unemployment numbers are complete  :bs:

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 09:06:43 PM »
Quote from: john "teach me how to" dougie

I think Hotdogs are wonderful!

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 09:08:20 PM »
Quote from: john "teach me how to" dougie
Why aren't you guys talking about my comment about hotdogs!!! :curse:

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 09:31:23 PM »
I wish I understood stuff better.

Sent from my '82 AMC Pacer using TapaTalk

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 08:20:34 AM »
If you're going to be picky about it, though, the plot would not be a line perpindicular to the y axis.  For that, the values for y would be the same, such as 9.0, 9.0,  ... , 9.0.  But I don't see how this plot favors one side or the other any more than an accurate plot would.  Seems like fair and balanced sloppiness.

The real problem is the final point, 8.6%. This should be the lowest point on the graph, but it would make Obama look good if the graph had a downward trend, so they just put it on a point horizontal from the previous point, 9.0%.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 08:36:38 AM »

The real problem is the final point, 8.6%. This should be the lowest point on the graph, but it would make Obama look good if the graph had a downward trend, so they just put it on a point horizontal from the previous point, 9.0%.

Yeah, dropping to a new low of 8.6, as we head into the holidays, would make Obama look great! The graph is a funny mistake, but the real numbers are just sad.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 08:39:31 AM »

Yeah, dropping to a new low of 8.6, as we head into the holidays, would make Obama look great! The graph is a funny mistake, but the real numbers are just sad.

Look at where 8.6 would fall on that Y-axis and notice how sharp that decline should be.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 08:42:36 AM »

Look at where 8.6 would fall on that Y-axis and notice how sharp that decline should be.

:lol:

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 12:13:03 PM »
It has been said that the fact that Time wouldn't mentio the TEA party due to an agenda.

But this graph is simply a "funny mistake"  :thumbsup:

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2011, 12:25:15 PM »
I find the left's Fox news obsession to be fascinating.  I mean, there are so many obvious left pointing news organizations, but Fox being right just makes them crazy.  Very odd. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2011, 12:28:25 PM »
It has been said that the fact that Time wouldn't mentio the TEA party due to an agenda.

But this graph is simply a "funny mistake"  :thumbsup:

No, what's funny is stating that 8.6 is a sharp decline.   :lol:

But, I suppose come January when it goes back up to 9.2, that won't be a sharp increase.