Author Topic: BIOQBB  (Read 8252 times)

Offline ksu101

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: BIOQBB
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2011, 07:25:13 PM »
JFC  :facepalm:. We are fine.  This is just our buy in or quit moment we are going through. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2011, 07:29:15 PM »
Yeah, Southwell does nice things. His positives overshadow his negatives.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2011, 07:53:56 PM »
i'm pretty sure he doesn't mean "shoots too much" when he says selfish.  i'm not sure exactly what he means, but i'm pretty sure it isn't that.

Yeah, I don't think so either.

Was thinking this too about "selfish".  I mean, I wish we had a guy that was too selfish when it came to shooting.  Preferably one who chucks threes.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2011, 09:53:53 PM »

As a poster on our site says, it's the "Shane Southwell Paradox".

His stat line rarely wows you, but you really feel it when he's not there.

Hence why I get a little agitated by the Southwell hate.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2011, 09:56:28 PM »
this is so boring.  jfc, frank.  learn how to coach/recruit without having to do this every...single...year.

Kellis Robinett @KellisRobinett 15 mins
Frank Martin: "The hardest thing on this team to coach right now is immaturity and selfishness."

the immaturity is all on frank.  don't run players off and sub in just as crappy players in their place.  And who the f is being selfish?  If anything, it's Sprads not being selfish enough.  We're horrible/not as good as frank wants because this coaching staff hasn't done their jobs in (a) recruiting (b) coaching or (c) both.  This coaching staff has failed on so many goddamn levels it's unbelievable and that is a completely bullsh*t, cop-out quote.  You know what's really hard to coach?  the untalented players that frank puts out there. 

Yeah, running guys off gets old.  It sucks seeing the team go through growing pains every single year.

But, on the flip side, we finish in the top four every year, and we make the NCAA tournament 75% of the time.

I mean, you like the sausage, but you don't really like watching how it's made, ya know?

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2011, 10:14:18 PM »
I mean, you like the sausage, but you don't really like watching how it's made, ya know?

That is a fantastic analogy.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2011, 07:30:25 AM »
Does/did anyone really think Frank will/would ever change?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2011, 10:15:13 AM »

is it Sean T that says that?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2011, 10:19:39 AM »
I think its safe to say Shane plays the game the Wright way.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2011, 11:08:42 AM »

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2011, 11:17:31 AM »

At least Southwell doesn't dribble with his elbows and knees, the way Wright did.

I will admit that my negativity toward Southwell after WVU may have been unduly influenced by a couple of absolutely horrid possessions in which he either just fumbled the ball to WVU or else stood/dribbled around with the ball without much of a purpose down the stretch when we needed buckets. Overall, he does make some nice passes, he generally plays good defense, and I think he may actually need to try more 3-pointers.

It would be nice if he stopped giving the ball to the other team 1 out of every 4 times he touches it.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2011, 11:57:54 AM »

lol
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2011, 12:04:41 PM »

At least Southwell doesn't dribble with his elbows and knees, the way Wright did.

I will admit that my negativity toward Southwell after WVU may have been unduly influenced by a couple of absolutely horrid possessions in which he either just fumbled the ball to WVU or else stood/dribbled around with the ball without much of a purpose down the stretch when we needed buckets. Overall, he does make some nice passes, he generally plays good defense, and I think he may actually need to try more 3-pointers.

It would be nice if he stopped giving the ball to the other team 1 out of every 4 times he touches it.

True, but the glue guys of the Huggs/Martin era have always had variously skilled, but incomplete games. Still, a Wright, or Sutton, or McGruder, or now Shane are needed.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2011, 12:39:59 PM »

Good lord, we've got some wordsmiths up in here. :clap:

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2011, 03:13:20 PM »

Either him or the BigE guy.

catzacker

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2011, 03:50:26 PM »

I thought his recruiting would be better.  There is two sides to this.  I mean, I recognize that he pulled our current all time leading scorer.  And got transfers like CK and Denis.  But he’s also had Buchi Awaji, Abdul Herrera, Fred Brown, Ron Anderson, Andre Gilbert, Nick Russell, Juevol Myles, Devon Petterson, Freddy Asprilla and couldn’t reach/coach/get along with Wally Judge and Dominique Sutton…I mean, if memory serves me correctly, there hasn’t been one juco make it to graduation under frank martin. 

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2011, 04:07:43 PM »

I thought his recruiting would be better.  There is two sides to this.  I mean, I recognize that he pulled our current all time leading scorer.  And got transfers like CK and Denis.  But he’s also had Buchi Awaji, Abdul Herrera, Fred Brown, Ron Anderson, Andre Gilbert, Nick Russell, Juevol Myles, Devon Petterson, Freddy Asprilla and couldn’t reach/coach/get along with Wally Judge and Dominique Sutton…I mean, if memory serves me correctly, there hasn’t been one juco make it to graduation under frank martin. 

I think Nick was the only loss there....

catzacker

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2011, 04:11:33 PM »

I thought his recruiting would be better.  There is two sides to this.  I mean, I recognize that he pulled our current all time leading scorer.  And got transfers like CK and Denis.  But he’s also had Buchi Awaji, Abdul Herrera, Fred Brown, Ron Anderson, Andre Gilbert, Nick Russell, Juevol Myles, Devon Petterson, Freddy Asprilla and couldn’t reach/coach/get along with Wally Judge and Dominique Sutton…I mean, if memory serves me correctly, there hasn’t been one juco make it to graduation under frank martin.  

that isn't the point.  from an evaluation/recruiting strategy/roster management standpoint, it's awful.  just awful.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2011, 04:11:51 PM »
I mean, if memory serves me correctly, there hasn’t been one juco make it to graduation under frank martin. 

i think herrera might have stayed at kstate and graduated.  not sure it ended up happening, but i think that was the plan when he left the team.  hopefully watson will make it too.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2011, 04:53:17 PM »

Fred and Ron could of helped and seemed to accept and thrive in supporting roles better than Nick

the DPete for Jones swap    :curse:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2012, 07:27:49 PM »
who the f is being selfish?  If anything, it's Sprads not being selfish enough.  We're horrible/not as good as frank wants because this coaching staff hasn't done their jobs in (a) recruiting (b) coaching or (c) both.  This coaching staff has failed on so many goddamn levels it's unbelievable and that is a completely bullsh*t, cop-out quote.  You know what's really hard to coach?  the untalented players that frank puts out there. 

just listened to the 2-6 catchat, in which martin states that spradling has been selfish in refusing to shoot open shots.  more interested in not missing than in providing his teammates the opportunity to oboard (which is their job, as spradling's job is to shoot).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

catzacker

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2012, 08:26:47 PM »
who the f is being selfish?  If anything, it's Sprads not being selfish enough.  We're horrible/not as good as frank wants because this coaching staff hasn't done their jobs in (a) recruiting (b) coaching or (c) both.  This coaching staff has failed on so many goddamn levels it's unbelievable and that is a completely bullsh*t, cop-out quote.  You know what's really hard to coach?  the untalented players that frank puts out there. 

just listened to the 2-6 catchat, in which martin states that spradling has been selfish in refusing to shoot open shots.  more interested in not missing than in providing his teammates the opportunity to oboard (which is their job, as spradling's job is to shoot).

:gocho:

i could have been the greatest.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2012, 08:52:09 PM »

:love:

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2021, 03:43:51 PM »
This great moment in the history of BIOQBB from 6yrs ago just popped up [graphic by _FAN, of course]: